MP Musket Era The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dain Ironfoot said:
Y'know from the start I should have just shoved the old Perennial Nuisance models along with a bunch of other people's models into a mod.. seems there's very little point in trying to get high quality artwork or research as it's not what the community really wants..

****, this sounds like whining and moaning but it's really getting irritating when people honestly can't see the difference..

I know there are a minority who do appreciate what we're trying to do, and I thank them.. I just feel the need to vent occasionally and the advertising on every single Youtube vid was the last straw :razz:

Were the ghost of da Vinci inclined to hang around the Louvre and listen to the passers-by ooh-ing and aah-ing over the Mona Lisa, he would inevitably come to recognize a pattern in the behavior of bored French schoolchildren loudly exclaiming how they'd drawn much better looking women on the walls of the first-floor bathroom back at the schoolhouse. After all, what kind of a moron draws a woman with her clothes on? C'mon Pierre, let's go trade Pokemon cards and bum smokes off the Americans in the gift shop.

I know it can't be easy to sit and listen to the rabble denigrate your work, but you should always keep in mind the source of those comments. Is the derision of someone who thinks Nelson and Napoleon should fight it out with katanas on the streets of London really something to get worked up over?  :razz:

Looking fantastic as always Dain, not to mention the mod! Heh, but seriously, not only do you have historical authenticity nailed, it looks damn good to boot. I have to say, out of all the mods, this has to be the one I'm most looking forward to. In any case, don't loose heart, there may be idiots trying to replicate your fine work (not mentioning names, as it should be obvious), but ultimately they can't even begin to come close to what you have here.

The peninsular war is, to put it simply, the only actually historical Napoleonic era mod for mount & blade. The other "mods" (I shudder to even call them that) have, literally, nothing on this.

It is also one of the mods I am most looking forward to, keep up the great work.

It looks utterly stunning in the videos. 

No doubt I will annoy the hardcore historical-accuracy crowd ( and possibly the makers of the mod) by saying that it also reminds me of Sharpe's Rifles/Sharpe's Challenge, etc.  In the Youtube vids especially it gives you that feeling of romantic derring-do married to as much accuracy as can be managed without taking out all the fun.

Custom anims too?  Beautiful.  Looking forward to this.   

This is the only Mod I'm looking forward to right now. I already have Calradia 1257 Edition (if I play a mod I usually convert it so that it uses the Calradia 1257 stuff). To be honest the only thing keeping Mount & Blade on my PC is I'm awaiting the release of the Peninsular War Mod.

Dain Ironfoot said:
How i add Cannons to the game......

Like in your video they shoot at the ground.... :grin:

Guess who eh? Ye gods but he truly just wants to take everything from other people doesn't he?

Aye, and I have to say, that thread damn near makes my eyes bleed. Ignore him Dain, his attempt at producing that so-called mod is laughable at best.

Bloid said:
I searched the topic and this hasn't come up before: I guess you won't be adding permanent death for players? Great!

Ye Gods, not another perma-death lobbyist, I thought you lot ran out of respawns a while back?

Dain Ironfoot said:
No... I play games to have fun.. and in a mod where a random bullet can knock you down, that really wouldn't be fun at all.

Quite true, while authenticity is an important part of gameplay, fun is without a doubt the most important.

Are you going to try and make the weapons accurate to the period?? Different accuracies and ranges etc?? 

Nordmann said:
Bloid said:
I searched the topic and this hasn't come up before: I guess you won't be adding permanent death for players? Great!

Ye Gods, not another perma-death lobbyist, I thought you lot ran out of respawns a while back?

Dude, read what you quote. Bloid is glad NO perma death will be added.

Not in that post. Admit it, you ****ed up. Anyway, just forget about Swadii and chastise him when necessary, is all ...

Selothi said:
Not in that post. Admit it, you ****ed up. Anyway, just forget about Swadii and chastise him when necessary, is all ...
Chastisement sounds like fun. What do I do to join in?
Who wanna play Devil??  :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom