The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were a part of the national guard formed in 1813 and never left Bavaria; like a Landwehr. Those images though are of the preceding "Mobile Columns" which were contemporary to 1809.

i've also found an image of the mobile legion in 1813

Cantler121.jpg

It has this german description with it.
Am 6. Juli 1809 erließ König Max Joseph die “organische Verordnung über die Errichtung einer Nationalgarde”. Die 1. Klasse derselben bildeten die Reservebataillone, die 2. die in den verschiedenen Kreisen aufgestellten und nach ihnen benannten “Mobilen Legionen”. Sie bestanden aus ausgedienten, unverheirateten, nichtansässigen Landcapitulanten unter 40 Jahren und ledigen, nichtansässigen Männern zwischen 26 und 40 Jahren. Dazu kamen die Sondercorps, z.B. die Freiwilligen Jäger und die Cordon-Mannschaften, dann alle unverheirateten Männer im königlichen oder privaten Forst- und Jagddienst. Die Legionen bestanden aus 4-8 Bataillonen zu 4 Kompanien. Als Uniform trugen sie den grauen Armeemantel mit hellblauem Kragen, weißleinene Pantalons und Gamaschen, schwarzes Halstuch. Ergänzt wurde der Anzug durch Teile der bürgerlichen Kleidung. Zur Unterscheidung schmückte man die Tschakos mit farbigen Rosen (1. Bat. rot, 2. weiß, 3. blau, 4. gelb, vom 5. aufwärts die gleichen Farben mit schwarzem Kreis innerhalb der Rose). Die Schützen hatten grüne Huppen. Zu Säbel und Patronentasche trug man auch noch den leinenen Brotsack am Riemen über die Schulter gehängt.

+
Cantler_79.jpg
Der Legionär trägt die den Nationalgarden bereits 1809 als Uniform vorgeschriebene Chemise, allerdings mit dem neuen roten Kragen. Als Kopfbedeckung hat er den bei den Mobilen Legionen eingeführten Tschako. Seit dem 28. Februar 1813 rangieren diese Einheiten als Nationalgarde II. Klasse als ständige Einrichtung hinter der aktiven Armee.

There were 'Etranger' regiments...Though they weren't called regiments etranger until 1811.

The 'Irish legion' had their headquarters in the city I live near. ****zyeahs.

http://dfiles.ru/files/ez441fdu2

01386773.jpg

Please, this is a very good book. The thirteenth volume describes the change in uniform Gendarmes, residing troops disabled. garrison troops, fortified parts of emperor Alexander I from 1801 to 1825.
I hope the illustrations in this book will inspire artists.

Docm30 said:
Beobart said:
Nice work, first of all, but dont you think the german word for bavarian would fit much better to this troops? I would call them "Bayerisches Leibregiment".

Those particularly gentlemen are called Bayerische Leibregimentgrenadiere. Now, I had to change it a bit from SirNitram's surely accurate translation, as they were originally the Kronprinz regiment. I can't say if the adjective or something should have changed.

I think "Bayerischer Leibregiment Grenadier/ plural Bayerische Leibregiment Grenadiere"is a bit better than "Bayerische Leibregimentgrenadiere", but it´s also okay. "Kronprinz regiment" should be "Kronprinz Regiment". Except of that, good work, you make a quite good research.

Another title question Doc about the loyal lusitanian legion,do you intend to reflect the artillery,light or cavalry portions? Or,though I reckon it to be very unlikely,give certain classes of the unit weak skills in other areas. Like a rifleman who can ride a horse as well if he should find one. Though admittedly that sounded more ridiculous as I said it.

Oh and,if you did implement artillery for multiplayer,though I acknowledge that to yet be an item only being considered hesitantly,would you consider horse artillery with weak guns, 4 pounders perhaps.

FALX said:
Please, this is a very good book. The thirteenth volume describes the change in uniform Gendarmes, residing troops disabled. garrison troops, fortified parts of emperor Alexander I from 1801 to 1825.
I hope the illustrations in this book will inspire artists.

Search this thread for "Viskovatov" and see how many times he's mentioned.  :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom