The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ive always wondered what it is on the sheath?"

First its called a Scabbard for a Sword :smile: a sheath is for knives :smile:
and it is called a 'Drag' its designed to do exactly that - to drag across the ground - it protects the Sword and scabbard from hitting the ground.  a sort of 'buffer'.

designed for Cavalry swords but Land pattern infantry swords have them too but less prominent.

Epicrules said:
Richard Lion_Heart said:
How much time need wait to release?

Hi. I see you're new to the forums here. Modders really hate it when you ask them when their mods will come out, and if you end up pressuring them in to giving you a specific date, it will be even harder trying to meet that date. You don't get paid to be a modder, this mod is something Docm30 works on during his free time, because he wants to. It's the modder's decision for when a mod is released, not the players, and the mod will be released when Docm decides he's ready to release it. There's no date figure you can put on it other than it will probably be before you die of old age.

:Clap: (No emoticon for it)

Someone said they wanted to see more civilian stuff, well here are a couple new tailcoats (double-breasted tailcoats are basically all anyone wore at the time).

It also comes in scarlet and Prussian blue.

fancypantses.jpg

Almost makes one consider forgoing the military entirely and roleplaying Beau Brummell.

I think that stripey one is natty enough to warrant a new avatar.

I believe he said in the past that he does not, with those stylish coats above though, I'm sure the dresses he may make will be swoon worthy.

Of course, to get to the level of accuracy he usually goes for, he's going to have to re-texture the women themselves and make new hairs for them.

Unfortunately, Docm's mod is set before one of the large shifts in female fashion and the dresses will be lacking in both bustles and flared shoulder cuts.

Comrade Temuzu said:
I think we can all agree that reality can make way for busty females.

I er-ah agree with this.

Women's fashion in this period was preferable to the wigs that made the wearer look 7 feet tall though.
Thank god wigs went out of style.

I'm actually more interested in the hair though, time my character will spend in a dress is minimal.

Docm30 said:
The hostilities between Russia and Sweden had nearly come to a close by the time the mod starts in April 1809, with Russia controlling most of Finland. Thanks largely in part to Sweden's mad king refusing to let Sir John Moore and 14,000 British troops help in the war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom