The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I feel like telling people to stop posting pointless ****. But then I realize that by doing so i would be doing the exact thing that I am telling people not to do.  So i realize that i am worse than those who just post useless ****, because i do the same but from an supposedly higher spiritual stance, but that is bull****.

crodio said:
Sometimes I feel like telling people to stop posting pointless ****. But then I realize that by doing so i would be doing the exact thing that I am telling people not to do.  So i realize that i am worse than those who just post useless ****, because i do the same but from an supposedly higher spiritual stance, but that is bull****.

But a very diplomatic pointless ****, indeed, Sir!

Btw. Do we know the list of the contributing Austrian Generals? Just so, I know my future staff. :grin:

Othurin said:
dinnerblaster said:
If we mean literally live action, then I think the best a normal dude like docm can afford is just he filming himself doing something in a fake Napoleon hat with public domain music in the backround.

Count that as a suggestion actually :lol:
Or film re-enactors

Film reenactors sound like people who dress up as Stormtroopers.

But yeah, I don't want to comment on Doc's financial situation because I have exactly zero idea what it is, but I doubt he's gonna have spare cash to hire reenactment groups to promote his mod.
Hiring the group I'm in for a one day event is like, £300. I've done work as an extra in a tiny community film, no idea what we were paid for that but it was probably a bit less than the usual fee.
And the director bought us lunch. Nice guy.

Point is, hiring people is expensive as ****, especially if they need to get onto an island off Canada from wherever they are. Best get donating if you want Doc to go through that trouble.

A lot of reenactment groups like the one I am involved in wouldn't even ask for compensation, we already do it out of our own pockets and are happy enough to be filmed when we're doing our thing, IIRC there are plenty of other units that do the same.

Amman de Stazia said:
All you need is some graphics ability on the PC, and you can throw the paid re-enactours away.  Download, edit and upload.
It didn't work for the Star Wars prequels, why would it work for Docm (even though he is far more talented than a certain person)

I also wonder about the balance of villages and buildings between factions. In some mods, a nation will be REALLY spread out with a few villages every few miles. And sometimes in order to 'balance' a nation that doesn't have as much land, they'll cram 20 buildings into the small pockets of land.

I hope that isn't the case with this mod ^.^
(But then again, I wouldn't be picky about it. The dutch deserve to put up a good fight regardless of their borders. Like anyone else.)

I'll gladly film any reenactors who are willing to fly at least 3500 kilometres on their own dime and expect no compensation.

TheOrest007 said:
Docm will the mod have something like hunting? I've played a number of mods with that feature and it was a common activity for the nobility at the time wasn't it?

It doesn't presently.

sam3330 said:
Just a question about your avatar. Really love that portrait of Camille Desmoulins, but ever since I saw it I want a digital copy but all those that I can find on the internet are of a crapy resolution. So my question is do you have one with a good resolution?

I manually cleaned up a crap version.

Anyway, there might be a new video soon. I don't really have anything new to show but I'd like to test out that new Nvidia Shadowplay thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom