The Napoleon Miniseries

Users who are viewing this thread

CPT.Quintus

Sergeant at Arms
Hello guys and gals! :grin:

Today, I felt like sharing something that may be unknown to most of you. Back in 2002, the French state television (France 2) had the initiative of telling Napoleon's tale in a miniseries consisting of four episodes.

What is fantastic with this show in particular is that it has also been dubbed in English (by most of the French actors themselves!)

Napoléon, released in 2002 features great names such as John Malkovich, Gérard Depardieu and Christian Clavier as Napoleon Bonaparte. The show tells you about the big and the smaller chapters of his life story.

Here's the first eposide out of four right bellow! I hope you'll all enjoy this good piece!

I recall the Waterloo episode being as bad as Sharpe's Waterloo. None of the Waterloos have been historically accurate, but Waterloo(1970) is a clear winner in terms of entertainment and scale.

SilentMatthew said:
I recall the Waterloo episode being as bad as Sharpe's Waterloo. None of the Waterloos have been historically accurate, but Waterloo(1970) is a clear winner in terms of entertainment and scale.
That footage of french cavalry riding around british squares is amazing.

I watched the shortened 3 hour version of it, didn't like it that much tbh. Perhaps my opinion will change once I have seen the full version.

I watched all four of the episodes a while ago, pretty enjoyable series.

We'll see this year I hope this picture - War and Peace (2015 TV series) from the BBC    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_and_Peace_%282015_TV_series%29
I hope it will be something interesting.  )

Docm30 said:
I'm more interest in Spielberg's upcoming Napoleon TV show. Assuming it actually happens.

Spielberg's Napoleon? Oh boy! I'm so looking forward to see how much of his ''Spotlight fetish'' he's gonna use in that one! xD

Pineapple_ said:
What do you guys think of this?

It looks like a 3rd rate movie, you can simply see that by the way it's shot and by the quality of the "video" itself, it's too clean. They also have 1 cannon and 15 men trying to simulate a battle of Waterloo...

It's not supposed to be a movie, but more a promotional video of what the 33rd Reenactment group does.

Although it's small, they got all the historical details correct (duh, they're reenactors), which can't be said for Sharpe.

Back
Top Bottom