The mod...

Users who are viewing this thread

about the skeletons, it's just a suggestion but what about some  garrison ?

I mean : you build some kind of building (a necropolis maybe ?) witch will make spawn a generic commander (a revenant king) with skeleton soldiers under his command. he should'nt be able to move, he would be just staying in the town/castle.

I don't know if any of those feature are possible but i think that it could be a nice alternative to the undead faction (because there would be easier to hold a kingdom of the death without having to sustain huge garrisons) and will not be conflicting with your will to "  break through the most common concepts of necromancy " because players would be unable to recruits them.

and I've got a great way to "introduce" them in the background : only few things exist about the old Calradian Empire so we could easily imagine that they should have burried their dead in tumulus or necropolis with their possessions, weaponry and armor in the case of soldiers. They have rested in peace for centuries until the rise of the Bloodfoutain : the necromantics and evil powers unleashed by it should have affect the tomb, making their resident arise from the grave but unable to go far from the sustaining energy of their sepulchre.

PS : and in the case you really don't want skeletons, is it possible to see this feature with more "uncommon" undeads, like patchworks  :lol:

I'm curious to know if skeletons and mummies are gone,what sort of undead is left?
Ghosts&Poltergeists  or maybe Wights,Wraiths,Draugrs(But Skyrim made them too famous for N0ught's taste)?
Or the Grim Reaper(but it's the Red Death Set)!

FlyingSpaghetti said:
PS : and in the case you really don't want skeletons, is it possible to see this feature with more "uncommon" undeads, like patchworks  :lol:

There are already patchworks.  They don't require any resources (bodies) to bring to life, just time and enough space on the map so you don't get attacked by bandits/necromancers while you raise your pathetic little minions.

Unless you mean undead just LIKE the patchworks, not referring to the patchworks themselves.

Why can't N0ught give just a little more detail about the next version?Maybe through Poe-styled riddles...
EDIT:Knowing that N0ught likes Poe,I've this list of Poe's works.The ones in Bold are those he made in the mod.I believe we have to expect something else:
    "The Black Cat"
    "The Cask of Amontillado"
    "A Descent into the Maelström"
    "The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar"
    "The Fall of the House of Usher"
    "The Gold-Bug"
    "Hop-Frog"
    "The Imp of the Perverse"
    "Ligeia"
    "The Masque of the Red Death"
    "Morella"
    "The Murders in the Rue Morgue"
    "The Oval Portrait"
    "The Pit and the Pendulum"
    "The Premature Burial"
    "The Purloined Letter"
    "The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether"
    "The Tell-Tale Heart"

"Al Aaraaf"
    "Annabel Lee"
    "The Bells"
    "The City in the Sea"
    "The Conqueror Worm"
    "A Dream Within a Dream"
    "Eldorado"
    "Eulalie"
    "The Haunted Palace"
    "To Helen"
    "Lenore"
    "Tamerlane"
    "The Raven"
    "Ulalume"
My guess...The Haunted Palace.

Unless you mean undead just LIKE the patchworks

that what I was thinking about. I imagine the revenant king to be a strong one , able to kill 5-6 huscarl alone until he die but I wish the spawned undead to be between the patchwork and the zombie : unable to hold a place by themself but strong enougth to resist until the player come to the rescue.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Why can't N0ught give just a little more detail about the next version?Maybe through Poe-styled riddles...
EDIT:Knowing that N0ught likes Poe,I've this list of Poe's works.The ones in Bold are those he made in the mod.I believe we have to expect something else:
    "The Black Cat"
    "The Cask of Amontillado"
    "A Descent into the Maelström"
    "The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar"
    "The Fall of the House of Usher"
    "The Gold-Bug"
    "Hop-Frog"
    "The Imp of the Perverse"
    "Ligeia"
    "The Masque of the Red Death"
    "Morella"
    "The Murders in the Rue Morgue"
    "The Oval Portrait"
    "The Pit and the Pendulum"
    "The Premature Burial"
    "The Purloined Letter"
    "The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether"
    "The Tell-Tale Heart"

"Al Aaraaf"
    "Annabel Lee"
    "The Bells"
    "The City in the Sea"
    "The Conqueror Worm"
    "A Dream Within a Dream"
    "Eldorado"
    "Eulalie"
    "The Haunted Palace"
    "To Helen"
    "Lenore"
    "Tamerlane"
    "The Raven"
    "Ulalume"
My guess...The Haunted Palace.

No, there wont be any kingdom management going into the very next version (which will in fact be released relatively soon once I playtest a couple more things). However I have been rolling around various ideas on how to implement it for the version after next, and I think it will be in the form of a castle you can build once (which will take time), and anywhere on the map you choose. Dhorak Keep may just be making a comeback in this way. :grin:

FlyingSpaghetti said:
Unless you mean undead just LIKE the patchworks

that what I was thinking about. I imagine the revenant king to be a strong one , able to kill 5-6 huscarl alone until he die but I wish the spawned undead to be between the patchwork and the zombie : unable to hold a place by themself but strong enougth to resist until the player come to the rescue.

As far as more "cannon-fodder" style troops, I can safely say Patchwork will be it. They fulfill their role nicely, and once you have a big enough party you can sit on the world map and make as many as you want without fear of being attacked. I prefer to do this right next to a city, and alternate between graverobbing and scavenging for Patchwork.

Dhorak Keep ? OMG ! Nought make necromancy even with softwares !  :mrgreen:

Good luck with this amazing mod ! can't wait for the release !

PS : thanks for the anwsers ^^

Back
Top Bottom