The Mod History Page (Part 1) 12/14/2011: "Winter Shade"

Users who are viewing this thread

Knight_of_Honor said:
I know you already stated this...

But... how do you install this? I really don't get the instructions in the first page.

Don't worry about the beta or alpha 7 anymore I'm making a new version of the mod.

I stopped in today to say I'm continuing work on the mod again. I'm still focused on combat and weapon balance, plus I have to test each of the new weapons. I'll be keeping logs of my progress.

Computica said:
Don't worry about the beta or alpha 7 anymore I'm making a new version of the mod.

I stopped in today to say I'm continuing work on the mod again. I'm still focused on combat and weapon balance, plus I have to test each of the new weapons. I'll be keeping logs of my progress.

Nice!

Looks like it'll be fun, and I like the start, the only problem is that when I tried to go into Praven, the town was all messed up. That and it crashed during the intro mission... And I got a bug that it couldn't open the costumes someone added in... I don't remember the full bug report... This was all on the stable beta one. If this is stable, I'm almost frightened to try out the alpha. xD

Aaeni said:
Looks like it'll be fun, and I like the start, the only problem is that when I tried to go into Praven, the town was all messed up. That and it crashed during the intro mission... And I got a bug that it couldn't open the costumes someone added in... I don't remember the full bug report... This was all on the stable beta one. If this is stable, I'm almost frightened to try out the alpha. xD

I'm glad you liked the test versions. Actually I'm making the game on one huge landmass this time around. So instead of the map having the Water gap there will be a huge mountain pass instead. Think "Himalayas" for the crossing instead. I did want to have a boat and sea approach but I felt that it would have been too unrealistic as I'm focusing on having much larger army sizes per Vassal and King.

As far as the Towns in Beta go, I just rushed and put together some quick towns but my plans for the main game will have some new towns made according to the areas in the game. I've also been very curious about weather in the game. I know there's rain and fog, but I'd also like sand clouds (storms) and snow too. If anyone knows about weather feel free to post here on the forums.

Computica said:
If anyone knows about weather feel free to post here on the forums.

You are better off asking in the module development forums.  I have learned everything  I know about modding video games by asking questions there and then playing with it till it works. 

I believe it is also possible to set weather in certain scenes for that eery effect...

Cyclohexane said:
Computica said:
If anyone knows about weather feel free to post here on the forums.

You are better off asking in the module development forums.  I have learned everything  I know about modding video games by asking questions there and then playing with it till it works. 

I believe it is also possible to set weather in certain scenes for that eery effect...

Thanks Cyclo, I already figured out a lot of my questions since I started the new mod. Don't mind any of my post on this topic from last year, I'm a changed modder now lol!  I had figured out that I can make scenes change weather at random or set them specifically toward a scene. I've noticed that it does snow in the snowy areas at random so I haven't have had the need to mess with weather effects. Though it would be nice if the warband engine simulated wind. In the future I'm pretty sure they'll decide to use havok physics more.

Braxton said:
It says in help stuff is worse in rain. But Ive never seen rain in this game.
Believe me it's there, but it's very rare. try playing the custom commander or pre battle orders mods for warband. They have an option where you can set the amount and randomness of rain and snow.

UPDATE:
I hope no one is playing the alpha!? I left it there just in case you wanted a reference. The map I made for it combining old and new Calradia is free to use for anyone.

The reasoning behind that decision was because I felt that the economic additions weren't enough. Though it did take me a very long time to complete, the game is still incomplete. So the mercenaries are going to be added in. The mercenaries are another goal for me, the fact about adding them in was that I thought I'd make them like SOD Gold (A direct Port) but SOD Gold is a much smaller scale game. So what I've decided was to make a more personnel hiring system for mercenaries. Though I don't know what this system will be when I'm done; I just know what I want it to be like.

Hey guys I downloaded this mod and Im wondering if this is suppoused to be a port of the old Mod SOD: 4.57 into warband and if it is i was looking at the rad screenshots and they looked so sexy!
the ones that are seen here http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2811<---  and I was wanting to know are those implemented into the game and if so Why can I not see these whenever I visit castles ?? or fiefs or nonething looks that way!
thanks for your help :smile:

P.s I get an error saying Unable to load material  cyclo_costumes_lod

Is there a download with everything in one file? I'm not very skilled at installing mods, so if I only had to download once, that would be a great help. Please re a link if this has been done, let me know if it hasn't, or let me know if it's coming in the future.

You only have to get the full download then the patch. Just make sure you install them in the same folder. Oh, this page is actually out dated. I just keep it as a log.
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2606
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2605

Make sure you install them in the same folder. The full installer then the patch.

Alright, thank you :grin:. One last question from the inexperienced guy: does this mod function as a new module, like cRPG, or is it a complete overhaul of the game?

Back
Top Bottom