The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verbeek said:
I'm gonna say it again, do not post in their threads anymore.
When they won't get any attention anymore, they'll come begging for it, throwing previews and trailers about.
Hmm, smells like an attention whore point of view?  :roll:
Pretty limited picture of the outside world, ya know

:smile: This must be the first time someone takes me seriously on this forum.
I forgot how it feels.

faradon said:
Also, I think we throw out less previews and **** than other mods do...really, one preview in 1/2 year?.

That's not one of the positive things in the TLD team I must say. Though I do have a great emphaty for you guys, as you're put to a lot of pressure and its clearly up to you how to solve such problems.

Its really fascinating how long are you working on this project and not quitting... Pure love! *thumbs up*  :wink:

facepalm.gif

lol i'd laugh hard if the mod turned out to be just native retextured and a couple of custom models after all this time :grin:
would be an EPIC RICKROLL to be honest  :mrgreen:

If we wanted to just release a "models & textures" pack we could have done it already. We care a great deal for TLD, so we want the next release to be a major improvement (and expansion) over the previous one.

DaBlade said:
If we wanted to just release a "models & textures" pack we could have done it already. We care a great deal for TLD, so we want the next release to be a major improvement (and expansion) over the previous one.

I know man... it was just humor.  I've played TLD to death years ago.  :wink:

it's just that with a so long waiting time, the equation reverses and the probability. of disappointment is getting much bigger than anything else, and I'm a die hard fan. I mean c'mon man, YEARS waiting for a port, even considering the expansion? i like M&B very much ( to the point that I'm 20 and still find it remarkably fun, thanks to all modders) and i seriously have my own doubts that the game itself allows anything that takes this long to do . I frequently check out the forums, and I DO KNOW that u guys don't really care about how long it takes, and yes it is reasonable cuz RL can be quite a *****.

but the fact is that u guys are really pushing the bar too high on yourselves, don't be surprised if many start *****in' in the forums after release. I rly hope the team is up to the task, it would be a shame!
Best wishes to you all , looking forward to the link  :grin:

It's taking so long, because we don't do it as a job. I can work on TLD maybe a few hours each week. And I think the others are in a similar situation. Most things were remade and redone a couple of times. It just drags like that.

I hear ya.  I can never be satisfied with something I've done.  I'm re-doing my map for the fourth time, though I've had a couple I thought were presentable, I just didn't like them enough to want to use it. 

Maybe u guys should post a pic of maps for example and people could vote. (and yes I know about the AK Ela mod and that textures being stolen etc.) That's how Prophecy of Pendor 3 is being made now. Its just an idea but those guys really work with people who play the mod asking what they would like all the time. It's my favorite mod also because moders are in "touch" with the players. I know this mod is being made by the book and you want to make it as exact as possible but "working" with the players is definitely a good idea.

Wish you all the best with the work on the mod!

PS: Started playing Warband yesterday BUT seems like it needs a few good modders to give it the full potential :smile:

That's the thing. We don't work closely with the players. We don't do open development. Why should we show you the map? What for? What would it achieve beside you guys taking a look at the maps?

Just dropping by to say hi. :smile:

For those heathens who ***** and whine about the lack of eye candy and releases to satisfy your need for instant gratification, try making a mod yourself if you think its so easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom