The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaquestrap said:
Also if percentages don't work then a simple "Half way there" or "like 3/4s there" works too.

You don't understand, the percentage is not the problem, we simply don't talk about how much we have done. Simply because it's hard to say what counts as done and it would take a lot of time to count everything and then make some kind of educated estimate from that.

We've done a lot, but there's still much to be done.

Merlkir said:
You don't understand, the percentage is not the problem, we simply don't talk about how much we have done. Simply because it's hard to say what counts as done and it would take a lot of time to count everything and then make some kind of educated estimate from that.

We've done a lot, but there's still much to be done.

In otherwords, stfu and leave them alone before Merlkir eats your face D:<

Seriously though, give up on asking or you'll simply piss'em off even more then before, good Mods take time, be thanklfully their not affilated with 3D Realms.

I am sort of baffled by the idea that if a release date was given or the percentage completed, that your life would dramatically change.  Is it too much to ask to come by once a week to see how things are going, maybe even comment on what has been done so far and what remains to be done?  I think that working on a mod should be fun and not feel like WORK.  So when you ask for a release date or any time frame you are cracking a proverbial I am the BOSS whip on them.  Forcing them to try and meet that deadline.  What is that you say, that was never your intent, well what you say and what you meant and how they perceive what you meant are three different things.  The mod makers have made it perfectly clear that they will not give any kind of date so please stop asking or trying to get the information in a round about way.

I actually posted somewhere we were hoping to release it still in 2009. That's all you'll get from us for the time being, I hope that's enough to keep you satisfied. I also explained we can't make estimates just because it's not always possible to work on the mod on a regular basis. That's all.

Leonidas480bc said:
I am sort of baffled by the idea that if a release date was given or the percentage completed, that your life would dramatically change.  Is it too much to ask to come by once a week to see how things are going, maybe even comment on what has been done so far and what remains to be done?  I think that working on a mod should be fun and not feel like WORK.  So when you ask for a release date or any time frame you are cracking a proverbial I am the BOSS whip on them.  Forcing them to try and meet that deadline.  What is that you say, that was never your intent, well what you say and what you meant and how they perceive what you meant are three different things.  The mod makers have made it perfectly clear that they will not give any kind of date so please stop asking or trying to get the information in a round about way.

I like this guy  :lol: Nicely put.. and its in terms even the incompetent can understand... Then again so isnt the posts of stop asking and such yet they continue to ask.. Heres my solution for these people..
1. Unplug your PC,
2. take the power cord and CUT IT!
3. Get up off the chair and GO OUTSIDE!!!!!!
4. Find a job if you dont have one, if you do, go get a GF/BF whichever your preferences are.
5. Finally have a happy life away from M&B!

SandmanX2 said:
Leonidas480bc said:

I like this guy  :lol: Nicely put.. and its in terms even the incompetent can understand... Then again so isnt the posts of stop asking and such yet they continue to ask.. Heres my solution for these people..
1. Unplug your PC,
2. take the power cord and CUT IT!
3. Get up off the chair and GO OUTSIDE!!!!!!
4. Find a job if you dont have one, if you do, go get a GF/BF whichever your preferences are.
5. Finally have a happy life away from M&B!
Tried and failed..

Thanks DaBlade, that is what I meant with the release estimate. Before the estimate I kind of thought it would be released at the end of 2010 ( I thought that mostly because AW dissapeared ), so thanks for shedding some light on the situation. However to make things clear, I don't demand the mod to be released before 2010 nor expect it, it is just nice to have some perspective on the development of the mod, especially after AncientWanker's dissapearence.

Everyone should just enjoy other mods and their social lives before this thing comes out, everybody's going to get permanently stuck to their chairs once its released.

Melquiades said:
Everyone should just enjoy other mods and their social lives before this thing comes out, everybody's going to get permanently stuck to their chairs once its released.

kaneklapqo6.gif

Bravo, well said my good sir.

Someone already said something like that, only more awesome.
shashaveli said:
Relax people, we will have just enough time to disown our children, divorce our wives, stock up with beer and canned food, take a long long leave from work and bid farewell to friends family and outside world before TLD for 1.011 comes out.

Lord Leoric of Wercheg said:
shashaveli said:
Relax people, we will have just enough time to disown our children, divorce our wives, stock up with beer and canned food, take a long long leave from work and bid farewell to friends family and outside world before TLD for 1.011 comes out.

LOL

Lord Leoric of Wercheg said:
shashaveli said:

And that, will be sigged by me in a minute.

Heh, this thread has become my daily amusement. Having played the old version what seems eons ago now I actually long gave up on the idea this mod will ever -actually- come out for 1.011 (or 1.010 or all other versions since the betas when it was last seen). It's life people.. modders run into unforseen circumstances, promises, especially on big mods end up failing short.. get used to it. But really, don't stop pestering them now, not after some odd 1000+ pages through various threads since the last version... :roll: Seriously, people need to just leave this thread.. no more "OH MAN I JUST DISCOVERED THIS MOD OMGZ OARSOEM" comments that then spark renewed interest and 20 pages of "BUTWHENWILLITOUT" and then another 15 of "god people, get a life". Seriously, why doesn't someone just lock this thread and all TLD threads so when/if there IS something of note to report Dablade and co will actually say it. But then, I wouldn't have pages of pointless crap to read through...shucks.

I agree with Vader, this mod is still in production and they are still telling us about of what they are doing i think.

Ambalon said:
What the two of them said and; You're a ****ing veteran, you know nothing.
Dear Ambalon, would be so kind and stick the ranks up your ass?

Date Registered: 03 May 2005, 09:16:37 (EbonKnight)
                    vs.
Date Registered: 24 February 2009, 03:28:21 (you)

Ebonknight has a point. Though I firmly believe that the mod will be out one day. One glorious day.. Locking the threads would cause a couple of "is the mod dead?" -threads but that might be avoided by adding a comment as the last post and edit the first one to point out that it still is in development.

I agree with Simo. Even if Ambalon would have lurked around for a year Ebon has joined earlier and remember, that the ranking system only counts time when you are online and active.

I know I'm quite new here. Just found out, that they're still working on the new version of TLD. Some time ago when I updated from 808 to the newest version and my brother had seen, that TLD doesn't worked any more, he stopped playing mount&blade and said that he only would play the TLD mod and that i should reinstall the old version of mount&blade cause in his eyes, mount&blade is only funny with this mod =)
I'll go now to tell him that you're still working on it, hope he doesn't gets to nervous...
Just take you time, the longer it takes, the better it will finally be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom