The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the first page you'll see the team is quite big, but most of the team don't post in this thread much though :wink:

Indeed.. Well I think I've noticed Dain and Triglav too but loads of surprises there. Now that I think about it, maybe I've seen Yoshi posting on mbx too.. Well enough with the rambling! Just keep coding there..  :grin:

Wow...Yoshiboy is helping out?  I had no idea he was involved.  AW was awesome, but I'd be inclined to say that Yoshiboy is a bit of an upgrade, if not at least up to the challenge.

-Grocat

Yoshi was involved before, and it's great to have him back.

You guys don't pay much attention to the TLD credits list, do you? :razz:

Oh, who would bother reading all that boring text on the first page (FAQ, credits, version updates...), the download link is the only important thing.

:oops:  My bad, I knew he was involved somehow or another, but it has been awhile since I've checked that stuff out.  Still, I had assumed his role was more oriented around helping with some of the minor adjustments, as opposed to working on the actual script itself.  He is quite the scripter, so I look forward to his future work on this.  The others are pretty exciting too, and I'm just excited that more work is being done on this great mod.

You guys should post an official update of what's going on, either setting up a new topic here or at mbx.

Best of luck.

-Grocat

Grocat said:
You guys should post an official update of what's going on, either setting up a new topic here or at mbx.

We'll do that eventually, but I'd think it's still too soon for that.

cant you even give a date where you are sure it will be released, or a not-sooner-then-this date.
that will solve the problem.

or maybe a progress line, like 50% troop tree, 100% map.
please?

PrinceGhaldir said:
cant you even give a date where you are sure it will be released, or a not-sooner-then-this date.
that will solve the problem.

or maybe a progress line, like 50% troop tree, 100% map.
please?

Dude, what part of "NO!!!" didn't you understand?!
We don't do that. Actually, no reasonable modder does that if he doesn't want fans asking for percentages and release dates all the time. It's only VERY annoying. If you give any kind of percentage, you're also giving people hope and something exact to ***** about. If you give a date and you for some reason miss that date, you'll get so MUCH *****ing and moaning, it's NOT worth it at all.
Do something else, enjoy life! Whenever TLD comes out, you'll find out sooner of later. We will let it be known, don't worry.

Oh Melkir, why do you spurn him so?  He only wants you love.  :lol:

But, you're absolutely right.  I'm looking forward to the new thread.

-Grocat

Dude, what part of "NO!!!" didn't you understand?!
We don't do that. Actually, no reasonable modder does that if he doesn't want fans asking for percentages and release dates all the time. It's only VERY annoying. If you give any kind of percentage, you're also giving people hope and something exact to ***** about. If you give a date and you for some reason miss that date, you'll get so MUCH *****ing and moaning, it's NOT worth it at all.
Do something else, enjoy life! Whenever TLD comes out, you'll find out sooner of later. We will let it be known, don't worry.
[/quote]

This is called : Managing expectations  :wink:

Llor no offence but MASSIVE quote fail.

Anyway I'm looking forword to the new version even if it is buggy. TLD was the first mod I downloaded for 808 and it basically kept me hooked since.

Yeah I actually downloaded version .808 to play the old TLD, but honestly I couldn't get used to it. The differences between .808 and 1.011 are so drastic.

Ahaha.
I've heard a lot of very good things about this mod (although my first reaction to somebody mentioning this was 'what's TLD?').
I absolutely can't wait for the 1.011 release version. It looks awesome. Just wondering, would downloading 0.808 be worth it just to play this mod? Since I've heard a few people say on these boards that this was THE best mod ever.

Oh. Yes. And posting to keep an eye on this thread too.  :mrgreen:

I would recommend that you try the .808 version of The Last Days as it is awesome. It looks fantastic and has lots of atmosphere. The only downside is that .808 M&B seems a bit rough if you are familiar with 1.011. So give it a go, you have nothing to loose ( except maybe you freetime ).  :smile:

Evod Lighttaker said:
Hey guys...........
Whatcha doin back here?
Something to see here?
:roll: :roll: :lol:
I guess you can see it without posting. Why don't you go outside, play hide and seek and go  :!::!::!::!: yourself?

Edit: yes I want the god damn mod already too but it will take them time to finish it so keep your knickers on. Unless you plan to do that what I just told you.. Then you may remove your underwear if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom