The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
since team tld seems to be at the forefront of improvements in m&b,i was wondering if its possible to implement facial animations in the m&b engine???

xainssj3 said:
GetAssista said:
xainssj3 said:
i was wondering if its possible to implement facial animations in the m&b engine???
no
thats kinda weird,voice commands can be implemented on it but no something like facial animations..

Voice Commands are using a third party software.  I suppose facial animations might be possible, but not worth the work.  (Spawning scene props on the players face with pre defined movements, sort of like a .gif?  :razz:)

COGlory said:
xainssj3 said:
GetAssista said:
xainssj3 said:
i was wondering if its possible to implement facial animations in the m&b engine???
no
thats kinda weird,voice commands can be implemented on it but no something like facial animations..

Voice Commands are using a third party software.  I suppose facial animations might be possible, but not worth the work.  (Spawning scene props on the players face with pre defined movements, sort of like a .gif?  :razz:)
i maybe sounding really stupid but how can a game like half life which came out 12 years ago have an engine which supports facial animations and mount and blade engine not have it???i mean graphically it looks much better than half-life...

You have a point...It does sound stupid.

Indulge my curiousity though - Why on earth would you need facial animations in a (mostly) battle/tactics based game?

Hoping to be getting your head chopped off by a grinning orc and seeing your troops raising their eyebrows with the "What the f...?" expression afterwards?

Geren said:
You have a point...It does sound stupid.

Indulge my curiousity though - Why on earth would you need facial animations in a (mostly) battle/tactics based game?

Hoping to be getting your head chopped off by a grinning orc and seeing your troops raising their eyebrows with the "What the f...?" expression afterwards?

I second this - there is no need for it! All that talking is just a thin guise to add to the killing  :twisted:

But that's a quite interesting idea, like - is that possible to do that in M%B? May be not in 1.011, but in WB... eh, God knows.

Anyways, it's useless. Though choping limbs off animation would be far more usefull :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom