The Land of Change (RP Map - Version 2.6)

Users who are viewing this thread

Swadian Man at Arms said:
Yep. There will be three graves with different markings in the underground cave, marking a certain road. If you choose to go random you will either go on the road to death, gold (temple) or light (outside).

A bit liek Indiana Jones.

The Arab lands. :smile:

The overview. It features an open mine with lots of passages, a village, a woodcutters' hut and a castle.

(Outdated screenshots)

Still working on it.

If we have an expedition event on your map (the tomb) can you make me the leader please  :lol:?

I also have some an idea for a trap

What you would do is you would make a room and the floor is completely covered with hay. There would be some gaps in the floor leading to a fatal fall into a chasam or pit. Of course they wouldnt know which part to walk on. Lots of suspense eh  :mrgreen:? Now that I have proven my self worthy I shall be the one to rightfully claim the title of Expedition leader!

Oh and so far both parts look GREAT. I really like the Arab Mines and village. If only I had Dx9  :sad:

Citizen_Kane said:
If we have an expedition event on your map (the tomb) can you make me the leader please  :lol:?

I also have some an idea for a trap

What you would do is you would make a room and the floor is completely covered with hay. There would be some gaps in the floor leading to a fatal fall into a chasam or pit. Of course they wouldnt know which part to walk on. Lots of suspense eh  :mrgreen:? Now that I have proven my self worthy I shall be the one to rightfully claim the title of Expedition leader!

Oh and so far both parts look GREAT. I really like the Arab Mines and village. If only I had Dx9  :sad:

That's the main idea about traps, they will be covered with bushes and stuff. Each way will have some.

Quoted the update.

The Arab lands. :smile:

The overview. It features an open mine with lots of passages, a village, a woodcutters' hut and a castle.

(Outdated screenshots)

Still working on it.

Thanks all for the support.

I also think you should make a mimic treasure chest and a booby trap in front of it. But please dont make the actual treasure a treasure chest. (Not "Arab" enough :grin:)

Ok, screenshot update here.

The new steppe mountain. Now it has an upper passage which passes above the mining area and another one which goes around it, but still higher.

(Outdated screenshots)

The surroundings aren't done yet.

Edit: Also, inside you can hear a specific ambient sound (people yellong) just like in the tournaments from Native. This thing is available for villages too (cows, chickens, people etc). As for other places like mines there are sounds like owls and dogs.

Informational update.

Today I have removed loads of useless props/flora from both Khergit and Arab lands, thus drastically increasing the FPS rate. And another good part is that it looks even better.

Besides, I finally added a tournament area which is indeed unique (not the usual crappy combination of spr_arena_block_i with some fences in the middle of the map). It sorta looks like a steppe castle and features a jousting area and an two little armouries, which hopefully will make the battles fair.

Screenshots may arrive later.

Wow. I really like that arena. One question though. Why did you put that bridge above the mines? And do you think there should be a bit more of the mining rocks? BTW I am really looking foward to those sounds you were talking about.

These passages don't really serve for anything else other than if you want to hide/refuge/make a surprise attack on the castle or search for adventures (I have to fill the map with something :razz:).

There are 4 mining rocks with 60 health points each, I think it's enough, but may adjust them.

Edit: Made the arena 2x longer to fit with the jousting theme.

Now working on the ruined fort, part of the Swadian territory.

Just came back to troll you a bit. :razz:
Here is the newer, 2x longer arena (part of the commoner lands) perfect for jousting. Tested it and fits well.

(Outdated screenshots)

You can also notice all the banners over there which hopefully will bring a royal look.

I have to delay the work on the swadian lands because the commoner ones have the priority (planning to make a semi-flooded forgotten graveyard near the commoner village, for outlaws).

And here is something we should call good and bad news. :mrgreen:

Good news: I have finished the ruined fort.
Bad news: The progress will be slower because of...

shadowarcher said:
And that's what i've been trying to do for the past few pages now, but longshaft is a persistent little person who doesn't know when to stop trolling someone.

Anyway now that's been cleared up has anyone thought of what character they are gonna play as?, me personally i will probably be a lone ranger travelling from town to town helping people or a sheriff.

Bandit boss. I'll make a tiny ghost town for this purpose if I get the time of course, because in the last days I reduced the time I spend on my computer drastically. Right now, it varies from 5 min. to 30 min. a day, for a reason I cannot explain even by myself. Just got bored of it. :neutral:

Here comes the story. Read it carefully, it contains important details about the map (almost every location will be mentioned here). Besides all the locations, I'm trying to note some details about the man's personal life hoping that the story will be reenacted in an event. It's not finished yet and contains grammatical mistakes. Please comment on it.

The story of an Unknown Land

It was 5 years ago, I think, when the trees started to flourish. A horde of white men who called themselves "The Black Warriors" came on the Siney Cliff. This is how it started. I'm too weak to do anything but will write down the story of a land lost in darkness.
  The night of 12 march, 1240 was somewhat different. The wind began to strike from the north with an unbelievable power. Suddenly, some unknown fighters arrived in the western (name in progress) village, where me and my three sons lived since we were born. My wife though is a beautiful 21 year old so called witch, but our flourishing life was about to come to an end. If I remember well, they were two in front of my door. One of my sons, Sam, opened it, then one of the warriors grabbed him by the coat and threw him near the village fire, along with my neighbours. Some moments later they created a great panic in the heart of the village. The cattle and the rest of the harvested crops were taken away from us by force. Aware of the events I entered my underground grain deposit to stay away from these bloodthirsty dogs. From this point I was unable to understand what was happening. Cries of different voices dominated the place. Shortly after, everything was buried in a suspicious silence. With my last piece of courage, I left my hideout to figure out what exactly happened. When I looked around I found my strawhouse burning along with the nearby houses. Near the village fire the corpses of 23 locals and my three sons were lying around without breath, then I fell unconscious.
  This dramatic event marked the beginning of a big bloodshed which was about to happen in the next months. My best friend, Bernard who was taken as a slave told me every detail after his escape. The warriors had hundreds of labours working on their brand new castle, which in the next years it was about to serve as a hideout for these rats. After one year of confusion between the existing kingdoms the fortress was completed before anyone could do anything. As far as I heard they established the terror on their own lands and sometimes stole from the nearby villages like they did with ours. Seeing the evens from the north, the Grand Vazir Mehmed Al-Asaad called Disim Pasha to his great court to form an alliance against the evil "Black Warriors", who also burned the Dusturil Village to the ground during their last raid. Hearing about some possible friendly relations, Sir Atakan, the ruler of the Swadian mountains started to meet with Disim Pasha in secret, hoping get his hands on the hostile territory.
  Said and done. The two rulers, unaware of Mehmed Al-Asaad raised their armies two weeks after the agreement and began the so called "Holy Campaign". In the next morning roughly 700 archers started to fire their arrows towards the enemy castle. While the Swadians were distracting them on the eastern flank, the Khergits sailed to the "Black" docks, hoping to break through the nearby gate. Two hours of confused fighting made the inpatient Sir Atakan to order his engineers prepare the mangonels for an ultimate attack. With some efforts, the machines were ready to fire their rocks, cattle and some useless fools to spread destruction and disease inside the hostile fortress. As the eastern walls were falling one by one, the Khergits finally managed make their way inside the castle with a relative big manpower cost. At the same time, the Swadians launched their main offensive on the east, crushing every hopeless enemy in their way. Four hours later, the allied armies shaked the hands inside the captured castle. Sir Atakan and Disim Pasha met face in face again to decide the final fate of the fortress...It was about to be destroyed. The soldiers then freed all the slaves, including my friend then in two days the allies destroyed the whole infrastructure. Yet still, the Swadians insisted to build a Church in the centre to mark the victory.

(To be continued...)

Edit: Fixed.

Very early WIP of the commoner village.

mb1ye.jpg

Back
Top Bottom