The "It's not a bug, but..." report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay, it's a stand-alone mod, I get it but:

1) Conversations, including one with the character Yelisei make it clear that recycling doesn't always work. The poor chap can't decide whether he's male or female.
2) The bandits could really use something new to say other than "I'm going to drink from your skull." I'm guessing that went out when the last of the Vikings converted.
3) How is it that the starting Swedish controlled territory is full of villages, but the Russian territory is virtually empty? I know what you're going to say, and no, I don't agree.
4) This isn't exactly a bug, but if the game doesn't like your graphics settings, the tutorial starts off looking like a near death experience. I've never seen the screen do that before, so watch your settings. 

I haven't played much but is it just me or if you're on horseback, can you only shoot a pistol on one side of your body only? Like I can't aim to my left while on a horse.

Onarum... that probably qualifies as a bona fide bug.

onarum said:
The game crashed on me 2 times in under 1 hour... is this happening to anyone else?
once in 4. although 2 of that was idle, so once in 2 :razz:

also somewhat of an aesthetic bug that bothers me:

running with a pistol uses the musket animation

lovestofeast said:
I haven't played much but is it just me or if you're on horseback, can you only shoot a pistol on one side of your body only? Like I can't aim to my left while on a horse.
Because it is using the same system as horse archers/mounted crossbows in Warband. You can't aim to the left there, either. But, in-character, you'd need to turn so far across your body it probably wouldn't be feasible anyhow.

lovestofeast said:

Onarum... that probably qualifies as a bona fide bug.

ah, yeah heh sorry, Is should probably read thread titles properly before posting.

Caba`drin said:
lovestofeast said:
Because it is using the same system as horse archers/mounted crossbows in Warband. You can't aim to the left there, either. But, in-character, you'd need to turn so far across your body it probably wouldn't be feasible anyhow.

It would be nice to see you able to shoot a pistol to the left, with an accuracy penalty. It seems that any time you twist your torso there should be an accuracy penalty... Well, when twisting it in a way that wouldn't be "perfect" for firing... I suppose thats just me.

Caba`drin said:
lovestofeast said:

it is downright impossible for a right eyed archer on a horse to shoot to the right due to the nature of the bow and he needs both hands. But a pistol is easier to handle, and deserves a different set of limitations.

Admittedly, I've tried it again and while the range of motion with a pistol on horseback isn't as much as I think it should be, , its still acceptable. You win this one, Taleworlds. But I'll get you next time.

There are a few glaring issues with the troop equipment concept.

1) The first is that troops can only receive new equipment at a camp of their particular faction; you cannot give them new equipment from any of the other camps. So if you are deep in enemy territory, short of pulling back to where you started, you are out of luck.

2) The second problem has to do with being able to read the current loadout. Sure, there's a picture, but you can't turn it and it isn't much help. Additionally, some troops types are essentially limited to one weapon.

3) During long battles, the player will quickly run out of ammo. This isn't a problem in the open, but it could be awkward in the middle of a castle assault. I have to be honest and say that I have not seen anything like a siege train or extra munitions that can be carried around with the players forces for in battle re-load. I did see the powder kegs, but as I haven't seen any "ammunition crates," I'm not sure about the whole thing.

4) Really wish we had access to all rendered areas (esp in castles/towns).

Back
Top Bottom