MP Modern Fantasy The Innovations Of Steam ( a steampunk mod)

Users who are viewing this thread

A young vampire

Knight at Arms
This is a steampunk modification for M&B Warband

Hi I'm a long time player of m&b so I've seen many mods come and go. And a few of them were steampunk mods. But unfortunately none of them had a very long lifespan, but I'm here to change that with The Innovations Of Steam. It will be a steampunk mod with two factions in the beginning. The factions will be the Occupying forces and the Resistance.​
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I am looking for people who are interested in helping out with this cause i won't get very far by myself. Any talents are welcome (but especially people with coding skills).

The current Team
  • A young vampire : Models, textures
  • Purkas: Random stuff

The basic story
The Livean Kaiserreich have gone through a massive industrialisation which have started to strain on their rivers (almost everything is steam powered remember). Seeing how they have started to slowly drain their lands of the much needed water the emperor and his generals decided to launch an invasion of the Divonian Coastline to support the increased need of water. But that belongs to The republic of Trabwelk, a relatively young nation but with a massive army. But confident in themselves the Liveans still attack sending millions of men in their suprise attack, and manages to capture two massive strongholds belonging to the republic. They keep advancing deep into enemy territory. While the republic are still trying to mobilise their army efficiently. But finally the republican army counters and outnumbering the Liveans they push back their enemy a bit. Furious at their soldiers cowardice the generals order their Airships, the pride of the Livean warmachine to attack. The giant battlecruisers carpetbomb the republic army and causes severe casualties. This stalls the republican army and gives the Liveans time to fortify their positions. Which results in that the republic does the same. None of them can really break through the enemy's fronlines, and the war takes an unexpected turn. It becomes a stalemate and a trench war. To break the stalemate the Republic of trabwelk initiates mass conscription. And launches an attack on the neutral nation kingdom of Eirdin. They occupy it but find that the stubborn civilians has started to form up Resistance groups. Which in turn are aided by the Liveans with weapons.

This is where the mod takes place. In the occupied cities and in the countryside of Eirdin. In the future more factions might included, Like the Livean Kaiserreich.​

Stuff

trabwelkhat.png
exibit.png

Planned Features

Completely redone factions and troop trees

Rifles with appropriate sounds

STEAM WARMACHINES!!

And i thought this is something about Valve. Anyway good luck but more info would work.

If you're doing models / skins, a few shots would be a great start.  A steampunk-themed Warband mod would be great, if done really well :smile:

I have made automatically firing guns for player and burst-fire weapons for AI using WSE for my own Steampunk mod, but due to another project I'm working on I haven't been able to develop my mod further, so I can share my codes with you if you want.

Belendor said:
And i thought this is something about Valve.
Same.

Good luck. I'm looking forward to a steampunk themed Warband mod.

Well, progress stands kind of still now as it's only me working on it. But at least the pile of models keep getting higher

xenoargh said:
If you're doing models / skins, a few shots would be a great start.  A steampunk-themed Warband mod would be great, if done really well :smile:
A few things to wear on your head
exibit.png

A young vampire said:
Well, progress stands kind of still now as it's only me working on it. But at least the pile of models keep getting higher

xenoargh said:
A few things to wear on your head
exibit.png

Whoa those are great! Nice!

If this is multiplayer.
Then what features are you going to add? I guess that you will need maps to fit new gameplay
It hate it when mods dont have new maps and the old ones realy dont fit the setting or gameplay.. :???:

Thanks J12-19  :smile:. And to answer sammac. Planned features are rifles(powered by steam) with appropriate sounds. Completely re done factions ( the pile of equipment grows steadily). New maps with Unique scene props. I've started to work on a industrial house.  But untill we get some more guys than just me on the team no real progress will be made. So if you have any skills in modding please don't hesitate to contact me  :smile:.

house1v.png

And here's a Hat worn by the Soldiers of the Republic. Still needs a little bit of tweaking but i think it will turn out quite nicely.

trabwelkhat.png

A young vampire said:
Thanks J12-19  :smile:. And to answer sammac. Planned features are rifles(powered by steam) with appropriate sounds. Completely re done factions ( the pile of equipment grows steadily). New maps with Unique scene props. I've started to work on a industrial house.  But untill we get some more guys than just me on the team no real progress will be made. So if you have any skills in modding please don't hesitate to contact me  :smile:.

house1v.png

And here's a Hat worn by the Soldiers of the Republic. Still needs a little bit of tweaking but i think it will turn out quite nicely.

trabwelkhat.png
Excellent pictures but why is there battle damage on the eye pieces?, it's a bit inconvenient if all the soldiers can see is cracks.

A young vampire said:
Yeah, i know. But it looks more intimidating for some reason, and that i like :razz:.

Doesn't seem very reasonable but I love how it looks. That house looks great as well. I'd love to help out but I recently started using a new program. Still figuring out the features so I can't do anything too complicated. But I'd like to give this a shot,

steam_punk_gun_by_chrislazzer.jpg

Steam pistol, would it fit in with your mod? I found tons of cool pics of fictional steam rifles on google images.

Nice gun! That looks kinda like a republican gun to me, if you make it singlebarrel and throw on some Pressure Gauges it should do the trick.

J12-19 said:
A young vampire said:
Yeah, i know. But it looks more intimidating for some reason, and that i like :razz:.

Doesn't seem very reasonable but I love how it looks. That house looks great as well. I'd love to help out but I recently started using a new program. Still figuring out the features so I can't do anything too complicated. But I'd like to give this a shot,

steam_punk_gun_by_chrislazzer.jpg

Steam pistol, would it fit in with your mod? I found tons of cool pics of fictional steam rifles on google images.
Are you by any chance working for those guys who are making Bioshock Infinite?, if you aren't then you should be :grin:.

Making good progress on the steam gun, I'm liking how it looks so far. Will show an update soon!

Edit:
Okay done after hours and hours of work. I'm ready to pass out now. I'll texture it, eventually.
supercoolsteamgun2.jpg

supercoolsteamgun4.jpg

supercoolsteamgun.jpg

supercoolsteamgun3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom