SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Users who are viewing this thread

so here is the error message - have no idea if its related to the problem
SqNqt.jpg

anyway started rereading the wheel of time again for the release of a memory of light, so far 1 week =  books 1 and 2 down.

so yeah.

DarkAngel#1

DarkAngel#1 said:
so here is the error message - have no idea if its related to the problem
SqNqt.jpg

anyway started rereading the wheel of time again for the release of a memory of light, so far 1 week =  books 1 and 2 down.

so yeah.

DarkAngel#1
Is anyone else experiencing any issues like DarkAngel?  I haven't seen anything like it.

I can only suggest to redownload the mod and the patch.  If possible, don't use the internet for anything else while the download is in process.  (Taleworlds Repository had some issues related to interrupted downloads in the past.  Don't know if Nexus has similar issues.)

Put the downloaded mod into a new folder in the Module folder.  (don't overwrite an existing TGS install)

Download and apply the 0.2.7d patch.

Start a new game.  Let me know how it goes.

I know you've probably already done these things, but from what I can tell, the code should be working.  It's working for me, and no one else is experiencing this bug.

Again, I only have channeling bugs when I try to run a battle with too many channelers.  That will sometimes cause some issues because the processor can't keep up.  (I think.)

Oh, are you allowing AI formations?  That can also cause things to slow down.  If that's the case, you'll see the game jump every second or so during a large battles.  It does it everytime one of the formations triggers fires.  This will also cause channeling to go a little haywire.

Hope this helps or reminds one of the other users of a 'fix' they did in the past.

mat

are the ways supposed to be really dark? like pitch black? iv never read any of the books and dont quite understand a lot od whats going on in the game (plot, location, troop names) but this mods really inspired me to so im going to have a look for the first couple of books on amazon

Yeah they are. I think you're supposed to be able to see more than a few feet ahead of you, but basically it is pitch black.

oh right, is there any way to lighten them up? like torches or anything? every time i go in there i fall of stuff and die, i know the simple answer would be just don't go in there but they seem like a really cool way of getting around

Imma take it that you haven't read the books.  Short answer is that the ways are a really cool to get around.  Or be ambushed by trollocs and myrddral.  Or have you sanity stripped away by the manifestation of evil that is the darkness around you. 

So have fun. 

If you hear wind . . . run.

The way to go around navigating the ways is to follow the white line towards the crossroads, head in the general direction of the sign you want to go to (eg. If you want to go to Deranbar, read the sign and turn 180 degrees). When you reach platform end, walk around a bit until you find the platform. Use that. If you see down vertical stairs, jump down them. There's still a bug where you die if you walk normally. And no, no way to light it up. Just walk in first person.

The darkness in the ways is complete and unnatural. You need fairly good lights to see at all, but no matter how good your lights it swallows up the light a few feet from its source in a creepy oppressive way that it really shouldn't. Its part of its creep factor.

I just helped Mesaana who was fighting some Black sister. She seems to be faithful vassal of Nation of Arafel. It's good to see that even the most corrupted souls can be brought to the Light.  :smile:

Is it still impossible to recruit other than Aiel lithe recruits?

PS. Finished reading The Garhering Storm. Can't wait Towers of Midnight that I think I can get soon.

Tumetsu said:
I just helped Mesaana who was fighting some Black sister. She seems to be faithful vassal of Nation of Arafel. It's good to see that even the most corrupted souls can be brought to the Light.  :smile:

Is it still impossible to recruit other than Aiel lithe recruits?

PS. Finished reading The Garhering Storm. Can't wait Towers of Midnight that I think I can get soon.
The Aiel recruiting issue is fixed in the 'working files' but not in the 0.2.7d patch.

If you enjoyed 'The Gathering Storm' then brace yourself for 'Towers of Midnight'.  It's epic!

So somehow I managed to take Tar Valon outnumbered 3-1 in an offensive siege and lose only 150 troops. While slaughtering the 1500 strong garrison. Turns out Fireball + siege = lots and lots of dead guys at the ramp. Now I understand why the garrison sizes are so ridiculously large. Previously I just thought cities were impenetrable with their >1000 troops.

:cry: it still doesn't work.
I downloaded the The_Gathering_Storm_v027a_Full - 148 mb
and the The_Gathering_Storm_V027abcd - 7.26 mb
extracted them put into modules folder and replaced all files in the first with the second,
Mod runs but channeling doesn't work properly, sometimes weaves are produced especially if i bring up the minimap and close it whilst aiming but these are a few random weaves and the seekers i produce attack me.
Also the random weaves can be ones i have not learned yet.
Otherwise it just shoots the missile and sometimes plays a sound.
Note when firing "blanks" no stamina is removed.

*just trying to describe the issues better*

DarkAngel#1

DarkAngel#1 said:
:cry: it still doesn't work.
I downloaded the The_Gathering_Storm_v027a_Full - 148 mb
and the The_Gathering_Storm_V027abcd - 7.26 mb
extracted them put into modules folder and replaced all files in the first with the second,
Mod runs but channeling doesn't work properly, sometimes weaves are produced especially if i bring up the minimap and close it whilst aiming but these are a few random weaves and the seekers i produce attack me.
Also the random weaves can be ones i have not learned yet.
Otherwise it just shoots the missile and sometimes plays a sound.
Note when firing "blanks" no stamina is removed.

*just trying to describe the issues better*

DarkAngel#1
That is very strange.  I'll try to re-upload the mod after work...

Back
Top Bottom