SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Users who are viewing this thread

How hard is it to add a new standing animation?
And also, is it possible to somehow keep the structure of the crossbow animation but still swap out a new animation, or copy the structure of the crossbow animation while adding a new one but keeping its same mechanics?

What I mean by this is, what is keeping your spells tied to this animation specifically, I assume its the way the crossbow calculates the trajectory of its bolt itms. So is it not possible to copy all of that, and then simply switch the actual animation the skeleton of the characters use to say something like pistol? Or is the way you've set it up too intergrated?

I'd also like to add a new kicking animation.

I've also got another question, if I made a mod, based off your mod, but was totally different than your mod. If I released it by giving you credit, and also open source, would I be in trouble?

because I've got ideas.

NewMan99 said:
And also, is it possible to somehow keep the structure of the crossbow animation but still swap out a new animation, or copy the structure of the crossbow animation while adding a new one but keeping its same mechanics?

What I mean by this is, what is keeping your spells tied to this animation specifically, I assume its the way the crossbow calculates the trajectory of its bolt itms. So is it not possible to copy all of that, and then simply switch the actual animation the skeleton of the characters use to say something like pistol? Or is the way you've set it up too intergrated?

I've also got another question, if I made a mod, based off your mod, but was totally different than your mod. If I released it by giving you credit, and also open source, would I be in trouble?

because I've got ideas.
I haven't really spent much time working with the animations.  I basically messed around with the different existing weapon types I could assign to a new item and went with the one that let ranged weaves fire close to in a straight line.  So, I can't really help you much with your animation questions.

As far as making a mod based off my mod, but totally different...  Well, we could talk, through PMs if you like about what you actually mean.  :smile:  Would it be another Wheel of Time mod?  Or a magic mod?  Something else?  I guess I'd ask for some more details.  I'd also need to run any decision past Vaerraent, since a lot of the content is his.

I've put around 2 years of work into this thing, so I'm a little possesive, but at the same time, I don't want stomp on a good idea you may have...

mat2rivs said:
NewMan99 said:

because I've got ideas.
I haven't really spent much time working with the animations.  I basically messed around with the different existing weapon types I could assign to a new item and went with the one that let ranged weaves fire close to in a straight line.  So, I can't really help you much with your animation questions.

As far as making a mod based off my mod, but totally different...  Well, we could talk, through PMs if you like about what you actually mean.  :smile:  Would it be another Wheel of Time mod?  Or a magic mod?  Something else?  I guess I'd ask for some more details.  I'd also need to run any decision past Vaerraent, since a lot of the content is his.

I've put around 2 years of work into this thing, so I'm a little possesive, but at the same time, I don't want stomp on a good idea you may have...

Oh nevermind I thought you made this by yourself, I'll just make my own then.

Hey I have a question, I want to create special options for my mod that need certain items in my inventory before they'll preform a certain function. Which module files handle camp menu triggers and such?

Ravi47 said:
this mod works with 1.153?
Yep, just tried it out.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.
mat
NewMan99 said:
mat2rivs said:
NewMan99 said:

because I've got ideas.

Oh nevermind I thought you made this by yourself, I'll just make my own then.

Hey I have a question, I want to create special options for my mod that need certain items in my inventory before they'll preform a certain function. Which module files handle camp menu triggers and such?
Well, I'd consider myself the lead designer.  But...  There is a lot of material in this mod that is not all my own.  (See the credits for more info...)  So, I can't just give a blank 'yes' statement that you can use the files and only credit me.  And specifically, another modder, Vaerraent, is helping me with a lot of the coding.  Teofish has been making concepts and banners.  And many others have helped along the way.

That's why I'd need to know what you intend to use.  If you have questions on how the magic system works, or about other features that are unique to this mod, then I am the best person to ask.  But, I won't claim to have done all the work on my own.

If you are going to start out on your own, then make sure you understand how the Module System works.  These are the python files that get compiled to create the .txt files that the game runs off of.  Not sure how much you already know, so sorry if you've already gotten past that part.

Inside of the file header_operations.py you will find a bunch of functions that you can use in other places in the code.

This one may help you.

agent_has_item_equipped                = 1729 # (agent_has_item_equipped,<agent_id>,<item_id>),

Here's how you could use it...

Run the following code in the correct mission template at whatever frequency you want the check to take place.  It will cycle through all the agents (or actors) ie. soldiers/horses and see if they have 'item_sword_a' equipped.  If so, the resulting code will run.

--------------

(try_for_agents, ":agent"),
    (agent_has_item_equipped, ":agent", "itm_sword_a"),
        (),
(try_end),

--------------

Triggers are held in module_triggers.py and module_simple_triggers.py.  These will run when you are passing time on the campaign map.  The actual camp menu options can be found in module_game_menus.py.

I can try to help you as you get started, but honestly, trial and error is a good way learn.  You are going to have to dig in and figure out how things work.  Start with the basics or you will just get frustrated.  I can help, but there are tons of modders who know more than me.

This forum page will be your friend:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html

If you have general modding questions, feel free to PM me and I'll help if I can.

Thanks,
mat

Is my game bugged?
when I attack kidnaper's hideout there is carbon copy of my party(including me) which is against me :cry:
Can anybody help me?

Is it possible to upload patch V0.2.7d somewhere else? I have some problems with downloading from nexusmods.com.  :???:

Ravi47 said:
Is my game bugged?
when I attack kidnaper's hideout there is carbon copy of my party(including me) which is against me :cry:
Can anybody help me?

Version you're using is bugged. Update your game to latest version (V0.2.7d). If it doesn't work update it first to V0.2.7c, and then to V0.2.7d. Good luck.

Disco Ninja said:
Is it possible to upload patch V0.2.7d somewhere else? I have some problems with downloading from nexusmods.com.  :???:

Ravi47 said:
Is my game bugged?
Can anybody help me?

Version you're using is bugged. Update your game to latest version (V0.2.7d). If it doesn't work update it first to V0.2.7c, and then to V0.2.7d. Good luck.
I wasn't able to make a new entry to the Taleworlds Repository.  I could potentially just keep updating the last full mod and patch entries there.  It would have to wait until after work though.  :???:

Vaerraent said:
I've got a mirror up here. :smile:
Leave it to Vaerraent to make me look slow...  :razz:

So, since the Repository isn't being fully supported from here on out, where should new updates be hosted?

Options:

1. Nexus:  This has some nice options in that I can upload multiple files under the same Parent Mod.  I can also give other users the ability to upload files into the Parent set if that becomes necessary.  However, it does have adds and apparently doesn't work for everyone.  This also gives the mod good exposure.

2. tgsmod.net Mirror:  This is maintained by Vaerraent so it should work well.  Low exposure though.

Maybe we'll try to keep both of these options available while we can.  Both have obvious pros and cons.

One other thing to think about...

Malden is complete (well until Disco Ninja finds all the problems).  So...

Any suggestions on which scenes to do next?

The larger the scene, the more time it will take.  Also, the more unique the scene (Tar Valon) the longer it will take.  Basically, anything that requires unique models will take more time.  Not that it can't be done...

I for one am quite willing to wait a good while if it brings a good Tar Valon/White tower or Stone of Tear. (Did I ever remember to shoot you those blueprints for possible layouts of those?)

I'll be able to help out with the mapping again in a few days. Getting a new computer that will hopefully save the maps that i create ¬.¬.

Tar valon and Tear would be near impossible to do with just the stock textures etc. I gotta say, it shouldn't be too difficult to change the colours of the textures (which i think is the only thing that needs changing for Tar Valon) for tar Valon for someone who is clued up about it. A good work around for the tear one would be to use actual landscaping to create a "natural" look that they go on about...

Teofish said:
I for one am quite willing to wait a good while if it brings a good Tar Valon/White tower or Stone of Tear. (Did I ever remember to shoot you those blueprints for possible layouts of those?)
I know you sent me some concept sketches for how buildings in Tar Valon could look.  I'm not sure about town layout though.  I think a lot of the major cities have maps in the books.  But, anything you come up with would be appreciated.

@bigbuttons:
Now that is good news!  Having one or two scene designers on board would be excellent!  I think Vaerraent's a coder at heart, but I don't know that he's really given scening a try.  And he's very good at thinking up awesome improvements that involve scripting to implement.

Would you want me to set up a few blank multiplayer scenes of varying size and environment for you to start with?  Or do you know how to do that on your own?  Let me know what works best for you and we'll go from there.

@Disco Ninja:
Well, I used cheatmode to enter the Malden scene in siege mode.  I at least spawned in the correct area.  A while back, I actually formed an army and sieged it, but that was before I made the AI mesh, so there were a lot of soldiers just running into walls trying to get to eachother.  If you want, form an army and siege the place.  Screens and comments about the good, the bad, and the ugly would be appreciated.

Things like points of congestion for attackers and defenders...

Entry point locations that could be tweaked...

The map has a few good exploits that would make it more fun for Multiplayer.  (such as the secret aqueduct entrance)  But, it's hard to make them work well for AI based sieges.

Also, basic 'Look and Feel' comments would be good.

Thanks,
mat

I'll get on it. Hopefully I'll have some night watches soon so I'll have some free time at work. Will try my utmost to make it doable scale-wise. :razz:

Just set up a couple of large scenes I guess. What ones do you want me to set up ? I could give Tear a try as a rough guide to what i could be like ? And Tear is coastal so i guess you gotta set the landscape like that...

There'll be a large-ish city with a mountain kind of thing on the side with spires standing out of it, multi tiered ? It has to look as if it is built out of the floor and look "natural" after all. I've seen what the Stone SHOULD look like, but there's no way in hell I could make that with mount and blade ahaa.

Christ, from the sounds of it. You could make the entire scene the stone and have the city outside as a landscape ahaa.

bigbuttons said:
Just set up a couple of large scenes I guess. What ones do you want me to set up ? I could give Tear a try as a rough guide to what i could be like ? And Tear is coastal so i guess you gotta set the landscape like that...

There'll be a large-ish city with a mountain kind of thing on the side with spires standing out of it, multi tiered ? It has to look as if it is built out of the floor and look "natural" after all. I've seen what the Stone SHOULD look like, but there's no way in hell I could make that with mount and blade ahaa.

Christ, from the sounds of it. You could make the entire scene the stone and have the city outside as a landscape ahaa.
Well, on the current map, the Stone of Tear and Tear the town are separate.  I could see the scenes being like two separate parts of a larger scene.  So, one edge of each scene would show some features of the other scene.

Back
Top Bottom