SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Users who are viewing this thread

Finally think i've got some decent texturing going on! And a better model aswell.  :wink:

EDIT: Here we go!
mb4xo.jpg

mb5s.jpg

mb6t.jpg
mb7uv.jpg

mb8g.jpg

mb9f.jpg

The specular mapping could be done a bit better, to make it a tad more shiny, but I'm quite happy with it.  :grin:

Vieira151 said:
Finally think i've got some decent texturing going on! And a better model aswell.  :wink:

EDIT: Here we go!
mb4xo.jpg

mb5s.jpg

mb6t.jpg
mb7uv.jpg

mb8g.jpg

mb9f.jpg

The specular mapping could be done a bit better, to make it a tad more shiny, but I'm quite happy with it.  :grin:
Nice!  Next assignment... model Mat's hat.  :smile:

That was exactly what I was going to do!  :lol: :lol:

Want me to give you the files for the ashandarei?

PS I'm not too keen on the ravens. I suppose a bit of work could be done with the ravens. Maybe if someone drew me a symbol or something I could put it on.  :smile:

Could you please add a Gholam companion that can only be recruted in Shayol Ghul? He would cost huge money but be level 100 with max skills?

Hmmmm

I honestly have no clue what they're called, I' ve forgotten, but the Seanchan use a kind of lion or bear I suppose that is in
Luca's circus
Could those be added as mounts? ( I won't use it, I HATE The bloody seanchan but they would be interesting mounts and would add some variety...)

I know it probably wouldn't be that easy to program but Ter'angreal findings? I thought the idea of it in the Shadow Rising was VERY impressive and perhaps it could work here???

mat2rivs said:
Kelsier:
"The Gathering Storm" is basically how far the scripted events go.  With some guesses for how the Last Battle will start. (at day 120)  You might have to let me know how far you have read into the series for me to be able to tell you how far you can safely play.  On the other hand, the events are fairly vague in that they don't give 5 pages of detail for how everything unfolds.  However, I don't want to ruin a surprise for you either.  Let me know how far you are into the series, and I'll give you the info you need.

I also picked the name "The Gathering Storm" because it seems to capture a lot of the feeling of the series as a whole.  Hopefully there will be a bit of a break in the storm in the final book, but Robert Jordan has been known to pull a fast one from time to time.  :smile:

Happy reading and gaming!
mat

I'm at the end of Crossroads of Twilight at the so hopefully I can get pretty far into it.

Also are there any plans to increase the number of factions at all? I find it a bit weird fighting as a vassal of Elayne and finding that the Whitecloaks are fighting along side me. I don't know all that much about modding the game so it might just be a limitation of the game.

Oh and sorry for all the questions. The mod really is awesome overall.

Vieira151 said:

PS I'm not too keen on the ravens. I suppose a bit of work could be done with the ravens. Maybe if someone drew me a symbol or something I could put it on.  :smile:
You should have a PM waiting.  :smile:

Mrr.Phil said:
Could you please add a Gholam companion that can only be recruted in Shayol Ghul? He would cost huge money but be level 100 with max skills?
We have a few ideas for a Gholam companion, but you would need more than just money to 'hire' it.  I don't think you can 'pay off' a Gholam.  It would probably be a top-tier companion who is only available after a quest line is finished.  So, that's sort of where that idea is at the moment.  It's not planned for the next release though.

draco222 said:
Hmmmm

I honestly have no clue what they're called, I' ve forgotten, but the Seanchan use a kind of lion or bear I suppose that is in
Luca's circus
Could those be added as mounts? ( I won't use it, I HATE The bloody seanchan but they would be interesting mounts and would add some variety...)

I know it probably wouldn't be that easy to program but Ter'angreal findings? I thought the idea of it in the Shadow Rising was VERY impressive and perhaps it could work here???
The Seanchan have quite a few exotic animals.  The only problem is making the dynamic meshes and then a realistic texture.  :smile:  Ter'angreal are definitely something we are hoping to add at a later date.

Kelsier said:
mat2rivs said:
Kelsier:
"The Gathering Storm" is basically how far the scripted events go.  With some guesses for how the Last Battle will start. (at day 120)  You might have to let me know how far you have read into the series for me to be able to tell you how far you can safely play.  On the other hand, the events are fairly vague in that they don't give 5 pages of detail for how everything unfolds.  However, I don't want to ruin a surprise for you either.  Let me know how far you are into the series, and I'll give you the info you need.

I also picked the name "The Gathering Storm" because it seems to capture a lot of the feeling of the series as a whole.  Hopefully there will be a bit of a break in the storm in the final book, but Robert Jordan has been known to pull a fast one from time to time.  :smile:

Happy reading and gaming!
mat

I'm at the end of Crossroads of Twilight at the so hopefully I can get pretty far into it.

Also are there any plans to increase the number of factions at all? I find it a bit weird fighting as a vassal of Elayne and finding that the Whitecloaks are fighting along side me. I don't know all that much about modding the game so it might just be a limitation of the game.

Oh and sorry for all the questions. The mod really is awesome overall.

We have some plans for the factions, but that is for the release after the current one we are working on.  I remember reading once how many factions are allowed, but I can't remember the number off the top of my head.

At this point, we are estimating that we can get v0.2.6 ready for release in 2 weeks or so.  Diplomacy is adding a few hick-ups that we have to work through.  Also, we probably won't have a working multiplayer for that release.  Getting the weave stuff to work and pass information from the clients to the server is a little tricky.

mat2rivs said:
Vieira151 said:

You should have a PM waiting.  :smile:

So should you.  :razz:

Loving it but have a few suggestions :smile:
1) Nerf the one power a bit. Seems way OP i won a battle with me v 50 trollocs by just riding around using fire balls
2) A multiplayer mode would be great but not sure how it would be done :smile:

arthasess said:
1) Nerf the one power a bit. Seems way OP i won a battle with me v 50 trollocs by just riding around using fire balls

Multiplayer, maybe. But honestly, 50 trollocs is nothing when using the One Power. According to WoT lore, being a "wilder" makes you very powerful, not as powerful as the Forsaken, etc., but more powerful than those taught how to use the One Power. Therefore, being a wilder since you learned how to use the One Power by yourself, you should be able to destroy 50 trollocs by yourself. Besides, the damn Seanchan really need to be taught that Damane are no match for my One Power Skillz!!! ( :twisted:)

Damnit! My last two days work on the hat all ****ed.  :sad: And I didn't even realise till now.  :???:

It's soo retarded a mistake aswell. I can't think/find a way to fix it either.  :evil:

arthasess said:
1. I admit, that the One Power is fairly strong.  (Especially if you are on a horse fighting infantry.)  BUT, have you tried showing a large army of Red Ajah your 'impressive' one power skills?  I'm willing to bet it won't be quite as easy.  (Hopefully :smile: )  You should find yourself spending a lot of time trying to break shields.  (Unless you are already a very high level player.)

2. It's in the works, but getting the clients and the server to talk to eachother is harder than I was hoping. :sad:

draco222 said:
Multiplayer, maybe. But honestly, 50 trollocs is nothing when using the One Power. According to WoT lore, being a "wilder" makes you very powerful, not as powerful as the Forsaken, etc., but more powerful than those taught how to use the One Power. Therefore, being a wilder since you learned how to use the One Power by yourself, you should be able to destroy 50 trollocs by yourself. Besides, the damn Seanchan really need to be taught that Damane are no match for my One Power Skillz!!! ( :twisted:)
And if Multiplayer is working like single player works now, the channelers should have other channelers to worry about.

PerrinGoldenEyes said:
is there a banner pack... that would be really nice
As in a Wheel of Time banner pack?  I haven't had time to make one yet.  That's definitely one of the things on the 'polish up the mod' list though.

Vieira151 said:
Damnit! My last two days work on the hat all ****ed.  :sad: And I didn't even realise till now.  :???:

It's soo retarded a mistake aswell. I can't think/find a way to fix it either.  :evil:
Shoot!  That's not good.  Did you get burnt by picking the wrong axis as up?  So far I've gotten lucky, but I have a feeling that it would be easy to do.  If you are really lucky, what you have will work perfectly for a "Mat sleeping on his back with his hat on his face" model. :smile:  Still, it's always annoying to 'finish' something just to find out it won't work.  :sad:

mat2rivs said:
Vieira151 said:

Shoot!  That's not good.  Did you get burnt by picking the wrong axis as up?  So far I've gotten lucky, but I have a feeling that it would be easy to do.  If you are really lucky, what you have will work perfectly for a "Mat sleeping on his back with his hat on his face" model. :smile:  Still, it's always annoying to 'finish' something just to find out it won't work.  :sad:

Nah, I got the wrong axis at first, but it was simple to rotate the model. What the problem is, is that the actual hat part(not the wide brim) is only 1 thing surface(cause I deleted the bit at the bottom) so when I load it in the game it appears half transparent depending on where I view it from, but if I look at it upside down. And I can't find a way to thicken it so it appears as a solid shape.  :sad:

Personally, I'd love to be able to play this with v1.134, but the mod seems to not let me... And I can't rollback the client because I bought it through Steam.

I love the book series and would love to play the mod, but in it's current version, I can't... FIX IT!!!!

My bad, I went back a page and found out why it wouldn't run...

Also, after I made the character male>warder>Aes Sedai>and a couple others ending with Mastering the Flame and Void, I thought I'd start with being able to channel, but I don't have the channeling item that seems to be needed. How do I go about getting it?

PerrinGoldenEyes said:
is there any relative date when the next update is comming out
First or second week of June? Maybe...

Darenkel said:
Personally, I'd love to be able to play this with v1.134, but the mod seems to not let me... And I can't rollback the client because I bought it through Steam.

I love the book series and would love to play the mod, but in it's current version, I can't... FIX IT!!!!

Also, after I made the character male>warder>Aes Sedai>and a couple others ending with Mastering the Flame and Void, I thought I'd start with being able to channel, but I don't have the channeling item that seems to be needed. How do I go about getting it?
If you have a male character, you'll at least need to choose the option of being an Asha'man Soldier if you want to be a channeler.  Some of that stuff might be re-vamped a little in the next release.

Darenkel said:

Also, after I made the character male>warder>Aes Sedai>and a couple others ending with Mastering the Flame and Void, I thought I'd start with being able to channel, but I don't have the channeling item that seems to be needed. How do I go
about getting it?
Hey it does work with 1.134 thats what i use it with :grin:

A little update on the Ways...  (Added more details to the guide posts, and the white line signifying a path that leads to a gate.)

The higher on the guidepost that the name is inscribed, the further away that waygate is.  Top means two islands away.

Middle means one island away, and bottom means the path to the waygate is connected to the island you are on.

Look for the 'white' line to find your way out.

Unless I'm crazy, every white line will lead to a waygate.

At this point, there are 18 waygates. They correspond to the gates that were grown near the cities that the Ogier built during the Ten Nations era. You will need to learn these names and locations to become comfortable traveling the Ways.  More stedding located waygates could be added at a later time, but so far none exist.

mat2rivs said:
A little update on the Ways...  (Added more details to the guide posts, and the white line signifying a path that leads to a gate.)

The higher on the guidepost that the name is inscribed, the further away that waygate is.  Top means two islands away.

Middle means one island away, and bottom means the path to the waygate is connected to the island you are on.

Look for the 'white' line to find your way out.

Unless I'm crazy, every white line will lead to a waygate.

At this point, there are 18 waygates. They correspond to the gates that were grown near the cities that the Ogier built during the Ten Nations era. You will need to learn these names and locations to become comfortable traveling the Ways.  More stedding located waygates could be added at a later time, but so far none exist.

Wow man! This looks amazing (and scary). I can't wait to experience the ways. When will the next
update be released?

Back
Top Bottom