SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Users who are viewing this thread

mtkut said:
can somebody explain me why i have fps drops and lags while travelling on map?
The map is larger than native.  Perhaps 1.25 to 1.5 times larger.  That could have something to do with it.  Other than that, possibly because there are more lords and bandits than in native, it might just have to work harder to calculate the position of all the parties.  (That and there being more battles to auto-resolve.)

Those are just my thoughts.  I can't confirm any of them for sure.
mat

mat2rivs said:
mtkut said:
The map is larger than native.  Perhaps 1.25 to 1.5 times larger.  That could have something to do with it.  Other than that, possibly because there are more lords and bandits than in native, it might just have to work harder to calculate the position of all the parties.  (That and there being more battles to auto-resolve.)

mat

nooooo that can't be the reason because i played mod with even 2 times larger map than in native

Hey. A quick question. I transfer files to a flash drive and from that flash drive to the laptop, and so I would like to know for the patch does everything need to be transfered in the patch? What I mean is that the two folders within the patch (Module system and the actual game folder) do I need to transfer both of those folders into the module folder or is it just the game folder?

P.s. When I transfered the game from this desktop to the laptop I only transfered the game folder keeping the module folder on this computer....Anyways, yeah. Ill fiddle with it and figure it out...But if you know the right way let me know. This transferring of patches to the laptop has been really annoying with other mods and games. Anyways, thanks for the great mod.

mtkut said:
mat2rivs said:
mtkut said:

mat

nooooo that can't be the reason because i played mod with even 2 times larger map than in native
I'm not really sure what's causing it then.  Perhaps one of the more experienced users who follow this thread can help.
Kairyudragon said:
Hey. A quick question. I transfer files to a flash drive and from that flash drive to the laptop, and so I would like to know for the patch does everything need to be transfered in the patch? What I mean is that the two folders within the patch (Module system and the actual game folder) do I need to transfer both of those folders into the module folder or is it just the game folder?

P.s. When I transfered the game from this desktop to the laptop I only transfered the game folder keeping the module folder on this computer....Anyways, yeah. Ill fiddle with it and figure it out...But if you know the right way let me know. This transferring of patches to the laptop has been really annoying with other mods and games. Anyways, thanks for the great mod.
For both the 0.2.3 mod and the 0.2.5 patch, you'll just need to copy the folder called "The Gathering Storm" into your Mount&Blade Warband\Modules folder.  The other folder is filled with the .py Module System files and is only included in case another modder is interested in looking at any of the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Alright. Cool. I did that and WOW!  :shock: The improvements I saw from 2.3 to 2.5 are amazing to say the least. Heck, even epic doesn't cut it.  :lol: I just wish someone could figure out the families. Not just for marriages and stuff, but to be accurate to the books.

But WOW! with the improvements. Heh heh. I am a little late in seeing them. :lol: I do have an issue though. There are no graphics for the weaves. I see nothing besides that little bolt when using weaves, and sometimes the weaves don't even work even though I was right next to the enemy. Is this common? Has it been fixed and or talked about before? If so can you direct me where to go? Thanks.

Um, another thing is the character custimization. I just have to say wow to that as well. Looks really neat. It would be cool though with the background stuff and everything if you actually created the story of the character. Because choosing to have a mother and father who are Aes Sedai and Warder and then being recruited to be trained in Saidin and them being ok with it after being "persuaded" doesn't quite make sense. I have something to remedy that though...But it may take a lot of work :\ Idk how to do it myself, but when you pick a choice have the choices after that reflect which path you had taken and the opportunities that path gives you. I.e. You pick Warder for father. Noble lady for a mother. After choosing those depending on what you choose you have a few paths you can take like Warder in Training or Prince of the sword (Or name it something that has to do with being a nobles son or daughter) Or, if you pick being able to channel as a male and your parents are both of the white tower (Warder and Aes Sedai) You leave them and they kinda disown you or something and you start with bad relations with the tower, but it gradually drops as time goes on.

As for other Father & Mother path combinations (After choosing those that is) You could lets say your father is a thief and your mother a whore you would then have a path for becoming a thief yourself, or despising your fathers trade you decide to become a thief catcher. Also, you could then become a Bouncer because you chose to protect those like your mother from thugs who wish them harm.

See where I am going with this? Have your background paths be affected by who your mother and father are. And the farther you go down the more narrow it gets until there is only one choice left and that gives you your ultimate stats/equipment. Lets go with the first example of Warder and Noble lady. Lets say after that you choose to follow your Father. You become warder in training because of how you idolize your father. You then lets say have two to three paths after that. You choose to leave the warders as you found out you have no inclination to be like your father, and so choose to go to your mothers court and become her right arm (Name it whatever you wish, something pertaining to the books preferably). Then from there have two or three paths again(Most likely 2 by now) and you choose to take a few trusted men with permission from your mother and move out to join a faction or go solo and she gives you her town/castle/village to help you. After that you are given another choice. Become a Powerful Duke, Feared Lord, Righteous Constable of your town/village/castle, Benevolent mayor town/castle/village. Then the last choice(Just one) a more glorified position lets say I chose to be a Righteous Constable of the village/castle/town that I got from mother and as the final result became a "Bandit killing machine of death who keeps his place safe"....I couldn't think of a cool name, and you should by now see where I am going with this. Kinda make it like you lived your life, but now are thrust into the events of the book(After your background life and stuff) and if you do decide this is cool and are able to apply it you can create how the choices chosen before affect the ones being chosen and why you had chosen it within the story of your character.

I hope I made sense, and this is a little long...My apologies...You should split this all into categories(Meaning the mod i.e. download, FAQ, bugs, suggestions, compliments, etc.) Again, thanks for the epic mod ^_^

If you also want I could create how the choices are affected and such. If you decide to do this that is. I can message them to you personally so you can then put them in the game, or you can create them yourself...I do apologize if I am saying or presuming to much.  :oops:

Kairyudragon said:
Alright. Cool. I did that and WOW!  :shock: The improvements I saw from 2.3 to 2.5 are amazing to say the least. Heck, even epic doesn't cut it.  :lol: I just wish someone could figure out the families. Not just for marriages and stuff, but to be accurate to the books.

But WOW! with the improvements. Heh heh. I am a little late in seeing them. :lol: I do have an issue though. There are no graphics for the weaves. I see nothing besides that little bolt when using weaves, and sometimes the weaves don't even work even though I was right next to the enemy. Is this common? Has it been fixed and or talked about before? If so can you direct me where to go? Thanks.

Um, another thing is the character custimization. I just have to say wow to that as well. Looks really neat. It would be cool though with the background stuff and everything if you actually created the story of the character. Because choosing to have a mother and father who are Aes Sedai and Warder and then being recruited to be trained in Saidin and them being ok with it after being "persuaded" doesn't quite make sense. I have something to remedy that though...But it may take a lot of work :\ Idk how to do it myself, but when you pick a choice have the choices after that reflect which path you had taken and the opportunities that path gives you. I.e. You pick Warder for father. Noble lady for a mother. After choosing those depending on what you choose you have a few paths you can take like Warder in Training or Prince of the sword (Or name it something that has to do with being a nobles son or daughter) Or, if you pick being able to channel as a male and your parents are both of the white tower (Warder and Aes Sedai) You leave them and they kinda disown you or something and you start with bad relations with the tower, but it gradually drops as time goes on.

As for other Father & Mother path combinations (After choosing those that is) You could lets say your father is a thief and your mother a whore you would then have a path for becoming a thief yourself, or despising your fathers trade you decide to become a thief catcher. Also, you could then become a Bouncer because you chose to protect those like your mother from thugs who wish them harm.

See where I am going with this? Have your background paths be affected by who your mother and father are. And the farther you go down the more narrow it gets until there is only one choice left and that gives you your ultimate stats/equipment. Lets go with the first example of Warder and Noble lady. Lets say after that you choose to follow your Father. You become warder in training because of how you idolize your father. You then lets say have two to three paths after that. You choose to leave the warders as you found out you have no inclination to be like your father, and so choose to go to your mothers court and become her right arm (Name it whatever you wish, something pertaining to the books preferably). Then from there have two or three paths again(Most likely 2 by now) and you choose to take a few trusted men with permission from your mother and move out to join a faction or go solo and she gives you her town/castle/village to help you. After that you are given another choice. Become a Powerful Duke, Feared Lord, Righteous Constable of your town/village/castle, Benevolent mayor town/castle/village. Then the last choice(Just one) a more glorified position lets say I chose to be a Righteous Constable of the village/castle/town that I got from mother and as the final result became a "Bandit killing machine of death who keeps his place safe"....I couldn't think of a cool name, and you should by now see where I am going with this. Kinda make it like you lived your life, but now are thrust into the events of the book(After your background life and stuff) and if you do decide this is cool and are able to apply it you can create how the choices chosen before affect the ones being chosen and why you had chosen it within the story of your character.

I hope I made sense, and this is a little long...My apologies...You should split this all into categories(Meaning the mod i.e. download, FAQ, bugs, suggestions, compliments, etc.) Again, thanks for the epic mod ^_^

If you also want I could create how the choices are affected and such. If you decide to do this that is. I can message them to you personally so you can then put them in the game, or you can create them yourself...I do apologize if I am saying or presuming to much.  :oops:
I'm glad you like the updates!

It would be very easy to update the character creation so if you chose certain backgrounds, it would limit the number of choices you had going forward.  I just left it open for now.  I'd say, make up that list of how choices affect the next ones.  You can post it here, hopefully we can get some feedback from some of the other players as well.  Thanks for the offer to help.

mat

In other news... Vaerraent set up a dedicated server for multiplayer.  There are still some bugs but hopefully it will provide some fun as well.  (You may sometimes crash out while channeling.)  If your channeling bar disappears, you'll need to press tab to make it reappear.  Also, at times the channeling weave icons get really small and then strange things happen with a lot of the weave scripts.  I'm still not sure what is going on there.

Anyway, the server is called TGS_DEDICATED, and you will need v0.2.5 of the mod.

Again, thanks to Vaerraent for setting this up!
mat

mat2rivs said:
I just sent a PM off to Waihti asking him about merging his mod with The Gathering Storm.  I actually already successfully (at least it appears so) merged The Gathering Storm on top of Diplomacy 3.3.2+, but I want to be sure he's still ok with other mods merging in his content.  And, since that version of Diplomacy used the 1.134 module system, I suppose TGS just entered the modern era.

Happiest news of my life when combined with the other awesome features.

Vieira151 said:
Hey mat, was playing it yesterday. Was good fun. I only found one small error, and I'm not sure if its been mentioned. I went to Mardecin and attempted to ask the elder about hiring some guys, and I got a screen with no options. And it wouldnt let me quit either. Could still move the mouse, however.
I know that there's some menu error buried somewhere in the recruitment dialogs.  But I haven't been able to track down the specific dialog path that leads to failure yet.

I'll do that. May be a while. My internet has been acting up and stuff. If I think of some things Ill write them and post them. I do not mind helping. It would be awesome to see this reflect the real world of The Wheel of Time as much as possible. Plus, to have some of it make sense as well (And aes sedai letting their kid become ashaman seems to far fetched) XD

screeniecompanions.png

chooseweave.png

married.png

I'm helping with development now. Mat and I have been pretty busy, you can look forward to plenty of new stuff and plenty of fixes!

PerrinGoldenEyes said:
hey i was just on the online server dorkin around on it... and i lost connection and cant seem to find it again...  :cry:
You may have been unlucky enough to have been playing when Vaerraent was updating the server with the latest code.  (Which is development code.)  We might need to lock the server for a little bit while multiplayer development is still going on.  :sad:

Sorry about that Perrin.

@ Vaerraent:

Judging by the look on Min's face in that bottom screen, you just made an enemy by marrying Avienda.  I see Rand's not in attendance either.  Watch your back!  :smile:

Sorry, Perrin, I was actually restarting the server for maintenance. I'll hopefully be able to use another instance for the beta testing, mat. That said, go ahead and introduce the other server stuff now if you want :smile: All  maintenance checks passed.

Mat: Indeed, I've not met Rand on the field yet. I can tell it's going to happen quite soon, I'm not even in the Dragon faction (I'm Aiel). I basically stole every one of his lords and ladies.

A server eh? Very nice. I'll be sure to try that one out.
I hope you got those textures I sent, Mat. :razz:

Verbeek said:
A server eh? Very nice. I'll be sure to try that one out.
I hope you got those textures I sent, Mat. :razz:
Yep, there's a server. :smile: and some bugs. :sad:  I might have to look up some of the multiplayer gurus before this is over.

Here's the strangest error I'm seeing:

In some game modes, (Deathmatch maybe) some strange stuff goes on with the active weave presentations and also the math behind the mission template triggers.  Things will go well at first, but then when I press tab (I have to do that to bring back the channeling stamina bar after I respawn) the channeling bar and the active weave icons all scale down by 10x.  And all the mission template triggers seem to slow down by 10x also.  Ie, seekers are very slow (probably because they are being called 10x slower), and they are low to the ground.  Then as soon as a npc agent respawns, this corrects itself, until you press tab again.  If you have any ideas on that or know of some other modders who know the ins and outs of multiplayer, that would be awesome.

It also seems that all the weaves that 'push' enemies seem to cause client crashes.  Hopefully that will be easier to fix.

I was searching for a new Warband mod to play. And when i noticed someone had created a Wheel of Time mod i almost Shat myself..
The books were amazing, hopefully this mod lives up to the legacy.
Downloading now  :grin:

I am enjoying this mod quite a bit. I was just curious about a few things.
1) When creating a character and choosing his back story you are able to make choices that don't make sense once the game has begun. Ex. I chose to be a warder, the description says i am a warder to an Aes Sedai, yet when i begin the game i am no Warder, and i Also do not protect any Aes Sedai.
2) A message tells me at the beginning of the game that i am able to use Air magic, however in battle i have the option to use Ice, fire and a few others.
3) After winning the Tournament in Tar Valon i noticed i was able to join another tournament right away. Not sure if this is intended, but it definitely made making money oh so easy.

Also i was wandering if their are Trollocs in this mod

Thnx to the Developer(s) for this amazing piece of modding

There are, take your warparty north to the Blight! I suggest building a good army of soldiers from the borderlands, though, Southlanders aren't prepared to fight trollocs!

We will be revamping character creation soon. All the character creation does is decide upon your initial skillset.

The weaves available to you depends on your Channelling level, if you made choices that ended up with you having a higher skill in that area then you might know more weaves.

Do you mean another tournament in the same town right after you complete the first one, one in a different town on the map?

Back
Top Bottom