The 6e Cuirassier Official thread // Recruiting officer's \\

Users who are viewing this thread

Winder

Regular
rsr9yx.gif

To the official 6e Cuirassier recruiting thread
And thank you for having the time and patience to read our thread.

page734.jpg

Napoleon said that "overall the numbers of cavalry in the French army will be 1/6 the strength of infantry.

friedlandch6.jpg

jtuoo7.gif

Under Napoleon, the French cavalry were, in contrast to the infantry, far more renowned for their action in masses than for their duty as light troops. They were deemed irresistible, and even Napier admits their superiority over the English cavalry of that day. Wellington, to a certain degree, did the same. And strange to say, this irresistible cavalry consisted of such inferior horsemen ... no soldiers are so careless of their horses as the French.

"Cavalry is useful before, during and after the battle," wrote Napoleon, and he stressed the need for audacity in its employment and careful training to achieve true discipline. He was also insistent that careful categorization according to role was of great importance... It was some time before the French cavalry reached its full potential, as it had suffered the loss of many officers during the Revolutionary period, but by 1807 it was reaching its prime. The great charges led by Murat at Eylau and Grouchy at Friedland played vital parts in the outcome of these battles." (Chandler - "Dictionary of the Napoleonic Wars" pp 85-86)
.​

70z242.gif

rrij2a.gif
While other types of cavalry had their important roles to play, it was the cuirassiers, the descendants of the medieval knights, who could turn a battle with their sheer weight and brute force. They looked dangerous everytime they ventured forward and the generals never employed them frivolously. When it came to hardware the cuirassiers were riding arsenals: body armor, helmets, carbines, pistols and long straight sabers. The Russians called them zheleznye ludi (the iron men)
There were 12 regiments of cuirassiers. Originally the 25 understrength regiments of l'Cavalerie were converted into 18 regiments. The first 12 received the strongest and tallest men and horses. Napoleon gave them armor and they became cuirassiers. They were considered as elite troops. Some British officers thought that the cuirassiers were "Bonaparte's Bodyguard." But for the Russians, Austrians and Prussians Napoleon's heavy cavalry was a familiar opponent. In 1805 at Austerlitz the 5e Cuirassier Regiment captured Russian flag. The cuirassiers also fought with the famous Hungarian hussars. Chlapowski writes: "... regiment of [French] cuirassiers which after one charge got into a melee with some Hungarian hussars. I was surprised to see when the Hungarians retreated that far more of their bodies were lying dead than French" (Chlapowski, - p. 63)
One battle was enough for the British to learn a very healthy respect for the iron-clad warriors. Soldier Morris was so awestruck by the sheer size of the men and the horses, by their shining armor, that he thought "we could not have the slightest chance with them." After Waterloo the British gave armor to their horse guard.
33nw4f7.jpg

The 6th was a French cavalry regiment,formed in 1688 under the Ancien Regime.  The 13e Régiment was formed in 1809 from the 1e Provisional Heavy Cavalry Reg. The 14e Régiment was formed in 1810 from the 2e Dutch Cuirassier Reg. In 1812 war this regiment had only 2 squadrons, other squadrons were formed in Holland and became available in 1813. In May 1812 they wore the white old (Dutch) uniforms and the new dark blue (French). Regiment was disbanded in 1814. The 15e Cuirassiers was organized in 1814 in Hamburg from the elements drawn from the 2e, 3e, 4e Cuirassiers, officers were taken from many other regiments and all of them were mixed with big number of recruits. When the officers finally were able to mount one squadron the populace witnessed the warriors sprawled on the ground while their horses galloped away along the streets. They were disbanded in 1814.

There were several cuirassier colonels and senior officers who attained the rank of general of division (1804-1815): Margaron and Berckheim (1st Regiment), Pully (8th and 10th), Murat-Sistrieres ?? (9th),Espagne (8th), Nansouty and Doumerc (9th), l'Herithier (10th), and Fouler (11th).

346mcs0.jpg
The most known cuirassier commanders were Generals Nansouty and d'Hautpoul. Nansouty came from aristocracy, went with the Revolution but did not put himself forward. Nansouty was a man of tradition, education and exactitude. "His men were always carefully trained and cared for. Yet there was no elan in his character, no readiness for an unexpected, all-out blow to save a desperate day. His disposition was mordant ... " (Elting, - p 162)
"He was considered cautious ... or even reluctant to bring his squadrons to battle, but that was mainly on those occasions that Murat was in overall command, who Nansouty considered to be somewhat over zealous and headstrong ... Although he was considered a good, level headed, reliable and tactically sound commander he lacked the flare and initiative of a LaSalle or Montbrun." (Terry Senior)
In 1806 and at Jena, Nansouty commanded the 1st Cuirassier Division (1st and 2nd Carabiniers, 2nd and 9th Cuirassiers). In 1809 and at Wagram, he still led the 1st Cuirassier Division (1st and 2nd Carabiniers, 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 12th Cuirassiers) In 1812 during the Invasion of Russia and in the battle of Borodino, Nansouty commanded the I Cavalry Corps (6 cuirassier, 1 chasseur, 2 hussar, and 2 lancer regiments. He also had one German and two Polish regiments).
Hautpoul D'Hautpoul (1754-1807) was a giant of a man, with enormous body strength. He was a self-confident and very proud individual. In contrast to Nansouty, d'Hautpoul was a fiery commander eager to charge at any time. In 1794 at Aldenhoven he crushed enemy cavalry twice as numerous and was promoted to the rank of general. In 1806 at Jena Hautpoul led the 2nd Cuirassier Division (1st, 5th and 10th Cuirassiers). In 1807 at Eylau the giant man led his armored cavalry against Russian infantry and artillery. Jean-Joseph-Ange d'Hautpoul was struck by a Russian cannonball, which dented his armor and shattered his hip. He was taken wrapped in his bloodstained cloak to the nearby village where he died the following day.

Battle Honours

Valmy and Jemmapes 1792
Conde, Nerwinden, Nieuport, Hondschoote, Wattignies, and Bouxvillar 1793
Aldenhoven, Ecluse, Le Quesnoy, Namur, Bois-le-Duc, Graves and Maestricht 1794
Wurtzbourg 1796
Nuewied 1797
Bergen, Alkmaer, and Castricum 1799
Marengo 1800
Neisse 1807
Vimerio 1808
Saragosse 1809
Cuidad-Rodrigo 1810
Badajoz, Tarragone, Albuhera 1811
Cuidad-Rodrigo 1812
Moskowa and Krasnoe 1812
Saint-Sebastien 1813
Lutzen, Wurschen, and Dresde 1813
Fere-Champenoise and Paris 1814
Ligny and Waterloo 1815

242ijjp.gif
fwhf8x.gif
15rk4lw.gif
The 6e cuirasier (6th cuirassier) are a heavy cavalry based regiment that amongst the year and months got renown for charging (Banzai-Charge) suicidal line regiments during linebattles, formed amongst old veteran of Mount and Musket and skillfull players we try to reincarnate the heavy cuirassier of the french army that got renown and faired during the Napoleonic wars.

We play as French cuirasier most of the time but we may play as British Heavy cavalry, Russian cuirassier , Ect. This regiment is also part of the 6e Brigade where 4 others regiment fight for the french empire.

We often have other events where we gather our self's amongst other 6e member in the brigade and play other games while trying to work with each others and accomplish differant task

2414i8x.gif

• Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Major
    Captain
    Lieutenant
    Sergeant
    Corporal
    Lance Corporal
    Horseguard
    Veteran Cuirassier/Lancer/Dragoon/Hussar
    Cuirassier/Lancer/Dragoon/Hussar
    Cavalier
    Rider
    Conscript
    Invite

Trumpeter -Trpt :blows the trumpet in battle when given the order.

Details for the rank coming soon...

14wvdwm.gif

Members:
1st Squad:
6e_Brigadier_Yukimura_Sanada
6e_Sq1_Cpt_Winder
6e_Sq1_CHG_Slawtering
6e_Sq1_Cpl_Discorsi
6e_Sq1_Ero_Tarias
6e_Sq1_Cvl_Obelix96
6e_Sq1_Cvl_Loki
6e_Sq1_Cvl_Covertassasin
6e_Sq1_Trumpt_Andi
6e_Sq1_Cvl_Ewjack

2nd Squad:
6e_Sq2_Cpl_ZeRandomTigre
6e_Sq2_Cvl_Monty
6e_Sq2_Rdr_Konngara
6e_Sq2_Rdr_Liam
6e_Sq2_Cvl_Jeruma
6e_Sq2_Rdr_FranzVonG
6e_Sq2_Rdr_Jacomo
6e_Sq2_Invite_Surgency

3536mut.jpg

I will explain in details how to join.

The first way to join is to click on the image above where it says 6e battalion, this will direct you directly to our website where you will have to make an account and then you will need to fill the application.

The second way is to add one of the officers in the list below.

Yuki

Winder

And the last method to join us would by to directly make an application on this thread with the following guideline.

steam:
Previous regiment or (MM) experience if none write none:

29e4oeh.jpg

This is our In-game banner

banneeeerrrr.png

2enndwl.gif

[*] Always follow your Officer
[*] No mutiny or treachery will be accepted. Ever.
[*] Respect all ppl in the clan.
[*] Always come 1 hour before linebattle online to stay up to-date with the new tactics and stuff.
[*] During the event all players shut up on teamspeak and let the Officers Speak.
[*] Never teamkill on purpose you will be moved to waitling list.

[size=12pt]There are more rules on our website some are just for the roleplay purpose but some of the most important one are here

2q1dhmf.gif

Poor winder need a bump very valuable post that adds to the entire forum!

Good luck 6e, i have to admit... when i opened roster spoiler i sat their thinking "Damn its taking a while to pend..." xD

:lol:

it takes a ****load of time to get the entire roster updated 'n' such, ya know.

mikkel the great said:

it takes a ****load of time to get the entire roster updated 'n' such, ya know.

Yeah its a ***** when you have a load of members who may or may not still be in the regiment or other **** etc... roster were easy back in my BG2 days... when i only had about 20 guys who were all regulars...

Does sound a whole lot easier! We just encorporated a system to make it easier to do, every regiment within the brigade drops a report at the end of the week, tell how many left, joined, promotions/ demotins, etc.

Frederickson said:
Good luck 6e, i have to admit... when i opened roster spoiler i sat their thinking "Damn its taking a while to pend..." xD

Thanks Frederick

And yeah i will update the list tomorow if i have the time.
mikkel the great said:
Poor winder need a bump very valuable post that adds to the entire forum!

Well i thought you would have been more creative with that bump  :roll:

Posting here since I only got a "You can't submit the form" on your website.

Accepting to obey orders: Of course, as a dedicated gamer I unstand the need for obedience and a proper chain of command.
steam: haofverstrom
Ingame Nick: LeSurge
Previous regiment or (MM) experience if none write none: I've been playing M&B since the release and MM for 6-7 months as a lonewolf so I've had time to reach a certain skill-level.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Altturin said:
Posting here since I only got a "You can't submit the form" on your website.

Accepting to obey orders: Of course, as a dedicated gamer I unstand the need for obedience and a proper chain of command.
steam: haofverstrom
Ingame Nick: LeSurge
Previous regiment or (MM) experience if none write none: I've been playing M&B since the release and MM for 6-7 months as a lonewolf so I've had time to reach a certain skill-level.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Accepted Welcome to the 6e

You in-game tag will be 6e_Sq2_Invite_Name

I was sincerely expecting a scene from The last Sammie...

Back
Top Bottom