The 4 main reasons why I'm gonna stop playing

Users who are viewing this thread

Saelius

Recruit
I'm not gonna ask the devs to change anything, but I'm gonna stop playing for a while and depending on the future updates I'm gonna see if I come back or not. I just hope this gives the devs insight into why some people who share my reasons are gonna leave or are dissatisfied. I must clarify that I'm not a Warband player, Bannerlord was my first experience with TaleWords so I may not share the views of the veterans of the genre.

Though I say 4 reasons, it can all be summarized as repetitiveness. I was enjoying the game, I can stand all the bugs, even the one that removed the green and red texts from my game. But I can't stand bad decisions.

1) I was getting annoyed by having to restart all the parties all the time, at least the caravans were stable. Now I need to go to a town and ask the merchant to please restart the caravan each time. I'm not complaining about the money because I already have millions in the bank that come exclusively from my fiefs with 0 garrisons, not caravans nor workshops. (I'm not saying they need to change the income from the fiefs. I specifically wrote that they earn a lot because they have 0 garrisons).

2) Speaking of workshops, they earn about 200 each despite the fact that I choose them thinking about proximity from the raw materials and the value of the product. I don't have tested each product in the game. But right now if each one earns the same amount it is quite boring. Getting a workshop becomes just another dull chore.

3) Escaping prisoners. I don't like the idea to behead every character in the game, so I always try to throw them in the dungeons, but most of the time they have already escaped before I reach one. And even if they get in one I would be surprised if they last the day in there. I really don't enjoy defeating the same character 3 times in a row. It is not even difficult, it just takes the excitement away from every victory because you know you'll be fighting the same guy in a second. Making it another dull chore.

4) I'm playing in realistic difficulty with deaths on and I read somewhere that your wife could die from childbirth. I know that even in our world having 5 or 6 children was a normal thing back in the day, as many didn't even get past childhood. But at the moment of writing this, I have 19 kids and I don't see the stopping point. It is as if my character was a Chinese emperor, but even they had hundreds of concubines, my poor wife is just herself. I don't know if it is just a bug but I'm writing it here just in case. Scrolling down my list of children to reach my lost companions (captured as always) is quite annoying.

I repeat, despite the many bugs I was really enjoying the game, even taking into account points 2, 3, and 4. But the new caravans are just too much. I get people were complaining that they were getting too rich, but I think the problem was that you don't have yet too many options in which to spend the money. Taking the money away is not the solution, it just makes your efforts vain and dull. And I'm just sick of pressing L all the time to restart a party, even worse is to go find my companion, go back to a safe city and restart the thing each time.

Its gonna take a while to fix all these things. You probably did, as I did, play 50+ hrs already. I think thats quite a nice amount already, considering the amount of missing features,bugs,balances etc.

As they keep adding things, you can come back and check out whats new and eventually there will be some good mods too. Right now, unless you really enjoy doing the same things over and over again, there isnt really much more than 100 hours of playtime in this game.

You cant expect to play the game forever with limited features and practically no mods.

Another one who doesn't understand the concept of Early Access.
Boy... Things are going to be changed hundreds, to thousands of times. Perhaps tomorrow your damn caravans will start giving you more money and will have 500man army... Who knows? E A.

Personally I don't even use workshops or Caravans to make money, too much of a hassle and you can't even own very many workshops to begin with. Warmongering is pretty much infinite money, whether as a merc or as a vassal.

As for prisoners, there's a mod on nexus that allows you to adjust how long they remain imprisoned for. There's definitely a mod that fixes the childbirth thing so they actually carry them 9 months. Here ya go, I googled them for ya.

Obviously these both should be in the base game, but it'll be awhile.

Its gonna take a while to fix all these things. You probably did, as I did, play 50+ hrs already. I think thats quite a nice amount already, considering the amount of missing features,bugs,balances etc.

As they keep adding things, you can come back and check out whats new and eventually there will be some good mods too. Right now, unless you really enjoy doing the same things over and over again, there isnt really much more than 100 hours of playtime in this game.

You cant expect to play the game forever with limited features and practically no mods.

90hrs. I was still having a good time would have played another 90 to test the other factions, but this thing with caravans is just too much.

Agree with all 4 points, but especially I want to double down on #3, when you reach conspiracy 2000 and one of the empire become a major faction, you cannot barter for peace, and the vassals just non-stop raid your entire kingdom, and if they became a major faction, they would have a lot of vassal/lords, and thus a lot of parties/armies. If you don't chop off their head, they escape really quickly (stupid way of managing snowballing, as there are several different ways to potentially address snowballing, reference the mod BannerlordTweaks for ideas), and come back with almost the same amount of men. and before anyone argue that they are draining on the garrison and their units are just recruits, the whole idea is absurd that defeating them in battle almost does nothing in its consequences. The lord will come back right away, he does not think twice about fighting again, he does not try to take his time and build up his force, that entire kingdom does not contemplate maybe they should barter for peace given they have been getting their asses kicked left and right, he just rushes in with peasants all over, and the whole thing repeats, until I chop off all their heads, and then they all hate me (which is fine in of itself, but i wouldn't have done it in the first place if imprisonment actually kept them out of the fight for a reasonable period of time as it should work)... which the devs actually made worse from the latest patches... obviously they are trying to discourage mindless head chopping, but if they don't implement a fix, this game is really just unplayable towards end game, other than off with their heads.

Yeah the wife having kids frequency (one every month, and getting pregnant immediately after) is pretty extreme, but i think it's not as big of a deal as some other issues.

Workshops are yeah, kinda meh at the moment, buy and forget kind of thing, really not that exciting. And it appears you should be able to develop them further, as they show levels when you look at them in your clan management tab, but the feature is probably not implemented yet.

And i don't even wanna get started on the perks, it's been two weeks, and those perks are still just useless icons. There's already mods that attempt to fix them (community patch), i don't understand why the devs aren't prioritizing fixing those, over some of these issues, like say, quest improvements, like really? Perks are a major gameplay factor, and half of them don't even work, there has many NUMEROUS complaints/requests to fix the perks, and i still haven't seen them. Sure some of them appears to work now, relative to day 1, but still a lot of them don't work...???

It's a good game, it's got great potential, but I'm really starting to rethink how to justify what they did in these 8 years for a $50 game, even if they tag it as early release. I really appreciate that they are working hard and releasing stuff everyday since EA, but they need to prioritize their fixes better and actually try to make the really basic but important stuff work first, given what they released. Like the crashes I wonder how many people actually experience them, vs. like everyone saying the perks don't work...

Yea I think many of us have put in a hefty amount of hours and have seen quite a bit of content within the game at this point. I too am putting a pause on the game, but I am about worried that Taleworlds won't get as much feedback or quality feedback as they've been getting thus far.

Another one who doesn't understand the concept of Early Access.
Boy... Things are going to be changed hundreds, to thousands of times. Perhaps tomorrow your damn caravans will start giving you more money and will have 500man army... Who knows? E A.

I think I'm quite old myself but fine. I just have 1 caravan in charge of my 80 steward 80 trade companion. I wasn't earning a lot from it either, (considering what I was earning from all my cities and castles). It had like 90 men strong, but after the update, the number descended to 30 and got captured right away, and then again.

I know EA, I don't have any problems with bugs, I don't like the fact that they changed something for the worst, it should be the other way around.

Agree with all 4 points, but especially I want to double down on #3, when you reach conspiracy 2000 and one of the empire become a major faction, you cannot barter for peace, and the vassals just non-stop raid your entire kingdom, and if they became a major faction, they would have a lot of vassal/lords, and thus a lot of parties/armies. If you don't chop off their head, they escape really quickly (stupid way of managing snowballing, as there are several different ways to potentially address snowballing, reference the mod BannerlordTweaks for ideas), and come back with almost the same amount of men. and before anyone argue that they are draining on the garrison and their units are just recruits, the whole idea is absurd that defeating them in battle almost does nothing in its consequences. The lord will come back right away, he does not think twice about fighting again, he does not try to take his time and build up his force, that entire kingdom does not contemplate maybe they should barter for peace given they have been getting their asses kicked left and right, he just rushes in with peasants all over, and the whole thing repeats, until I chop off all their heads, and then they all hate me (which is fine in of itself, but i wouldn't have done it in the first place if imprisonment actually kept them out of the fight for a reasonable period of time as it should work)... which the devs actually made worse from the latest patches... obviously they are trying to discourage mindless head chopping, but if they don't implement a fix, this game is really just unplayable towards end game, other than off with their heads.

Yeah the wife having kids frequency (one every month, and getting pregnant immediately after) is pretty extreme, but i think it's not as big of a deal as some other issues.

Workshops are yeah, kinda meh at the moment, buy and forget kind of thing, really not that exciting. And it appears you should be able to develop them further, as they show levels when you look at them in your clan management tab, but the feature is probably not implemented yet.

And i don't even wanna get started on the perks, it's been two weeks, and those perks are still just useless icons. There's already mods that attempt to fix them (community patch), i don't understand why the devs aren't prioritizing fixing those, over some of these issues, like say, quest improvements, like really? Perks are a major gameplay factor, and half of them don't even work, there has many NUMEROUS complaints/requests to fix the perks, and i still haven't seen them. Sure some of them appears to work now, relative to day 1, but still a lot of them don't work...???

It's a good game, it's got great potential, but I'm really starting to rethink how to justify what they did in these 8 years for a $50 game, even if they tag it as early release. I really appreciate that they are working hard and releasing stuff everyday since EA, but they need to prioritize their fixes better and actually try to make the really basic but important stuff work first, given what they released. Like the crashes I wonder how many people actually experience them, vs. like everyone saying the perks don't work...

About the prisoners. They could make a system in which they get injured for a while at least. And if you get to capture them they have just a slim chance to escape. That would make capturing one exciting, at least in my opinion. And if one of your companions or allies get captured you could try to free them. I don't know if that is already in the game (as they escape too soon), but you already can talk to the dungeon guard about letting you in, they told me to speak with the lord (I didn't test it, of course, the dungeon was empty).

How the heck did you get 19 kids. i'm playing as a female, dunno if that makes me unable to breed, but I havent had a single one

Is your husband in your party? Have to spend time with him either in the settlement he is in or have him travel along with you in the party.
Least that's how it works for male characters.

About the prisoners. They could make a system in which they get injured for a while at least. And if you get to capture them they have just a slim chance to escape. That would make capturing one exciting, at least in my opinion. And if one of your companions or allies get captured you could try to free them. I don't know if that is already in the game (as they escape too soon), but you already can talk to the dungeon guard about letting you in, they told me to speak with the lord (I didn't test it, of course, the dungeon was empty).

I assume they're planning on implementing more features related to Lords escaping, for example, allowing you to break a Lord out of Prison yourself for some money/fiefs/bribes, but currently they set how quickly they can escape to way too quickly. I just recommend using the "Prevent Escape" mod on Nexus for the time being or just wait until they actually get the game in a more finished state. Otherwise just do what I do and execute em all. IDGAF if everyone and their mom hates me, getting tired of these Lords coming back at me instantly.

How the heck did you get 19 kids. i'm playing as a female, dunno if that makes me unable to breed, but I havent had a single one

No, I think its a bug. Ive been playing for 3 years in game time. I was married about a month into the game. I have had zero kids in that time. Ive spent a month just sitting in the castle with my wife and ive spent at least a year with her in my army. The rest of the time ive just left her in my castle because she's a better steward then anyone else.

this is early access, the developers said directly that the game is not ready, why do you create 100 themes and whine about what you do not like there? Whiners are stupid

People keep saying it's EA, but at what point does that really carry much weight, when it's been 8 years. 2 or 3 games could of gone through early access and full release in that time.

It's not really the same thing saying it's EA as it is with other titles, who's EA is within a year or just over from starting development

Did you not expect this, did you buy the game thinking it wasn't going to be a incomplete experience with numerous tests of different balance issues? Nobody will blame you for waiting until full release but jesus it sounds like a lot of people here are surprised that issues like this are going to pop up.

this is early access, the developers said directly that the game is not ready, why do you create 100 themes and whine about what you do not like there? Whiners are stupid

Its whining, but its also feedback. At least they are giving there opinion of what they currently like or do not like. This is part of what developers need. Why do you whine about them complaining? Whiners are stupid.

[/QUOTE]
3) Escaping prisoners. I don't like the idea to behead every character in the game, so I always try to throw them in the dungeons, but most of the time they have already escaped before I reach one.
Pretty sure if you have to garisson prisoners can escape easily.

He said right in the beginning of his post that depending on updates he may come back, I'm pretty sure he realizes this is EA and is just venting his gripes with the current state of the game hoping they'll be updated eventually. The only one that looks like it will definitely be fixed would be childbirth, as I think a lot of people have that issue and its not intended.

The rest of the balancing, like caravans dying often, workshops producing low amounts of gold and prisoners escaping too often are subjective. Ive never had a lord escape my prisoners, could just be luck but I always keep my prisoners below max count too.

Caravans are a hot topic right now so we'll see how that goes, I think what will happen is they will stay dangerous but also give the player more input into what happens with them so they can stay safer with better planning or maybe additional investment. Having us set up predetermined trade routes would be cool, that way we can know they are safe by patrolling the areas.

Workshops being somewhat consistent is something that I think will stay, honestly. It's kind of a staple for a lot of players to get a stable income, so i wouldn't think they would fluctuate all that much since its safe.

TL;DR this dude's opinions are just that, his own, let him say them and I hope OP comes back when the game is finished.

Back
Top Bottom