Terrible performance 1.2.0 and 1.3.0 [SIEGE]

Users who are viewing this thread

JA55

Regular
I'm having terrible performance in the Siege after 1.2.0 and 1.3.0.
Before I had smooth experience with 1000 men.
It means I'm unable to play the game for more than 2 weeks now.

If you're suffering the same problem comment below. Let's bring this issue to the devs ASAP.

I am suffering the exact same problem. Battles are somewhat playable by lowering shadows to static, but sieges are virtually unplayable because of stutterfests and fps between 20-30. I have an RTX 2060 GPU, SSD, 16GB RAM and i7-5820 oc'd @4.00GHz.

they're probably aware of it already. i've certainly experienced a big drop in field-battle performance (havent sieged in 1.3) and i've seen quite a few people mention the drop in fps.

It is a known issue.

I have the same problem with a top-end system. The frame rate fluctuates wildly.

3840 x 2160 - max settings
1000 men

2080ti OC/watercooled
i9 9940x 14core watercooled (not OC)
32 GB of RAM

Same here, 500 men siege = 14 FPS when soldiers begin fighting on the walls and inside the city.

900p
1050 Ti, 4 gb
Intel Pentium 4260, 3.70 ghz
16 gb Ram

I have fps drop in trade window, smith window, and some battles. main e1.2.1. never happened in all previous versions.
Run 60 fps easy in all old versions.

1920x1080 high setting

ryzen 7 2700x
16gb ram 3200mhz
radeon r9 290 oc

Well its small comfort to know I am not alone with this problem, I thought it was my rig not able to keep up.
This being the case I feel confident they are working on it because sieges are unplayable, feels like I am back playing Jedi Outcast on a windows 98 rig...I managed to hold on to my hard won first castle by turning graphics way down and reducing troop size to 300, but its still a pain.
Field battles are fine on high resolution at around 800 battle size with the occasional stutter, load screens in general are slow.
I have an AMD 8 core 3 ghz, 16gb Ram and a RX 580 card.

I'm sure TW has some kind of profiling tools on their internal builds, I strongly encourage them to ship a branch of the game with these profiling tools enabled. This would greatly help us narrow down what causes these issues.

My guess from some testing is that it's related to pathfinding, I only get massive FPS drops when the defenders are almost dead - down to a few guys and my teammates are all trying to path their way to those last guys.

Strange for me it is the complete opposite, now sieges are stable on 1000 man size and ultra settings even though i do not have a high end pc

I'm having terrible performance in the Siege after 1.2.0 and 1.3.0.
Before I had smooth experience with 1000 men.
It means I'm unable to play the game for more than 2 weeks now.

If you're suffering the same problem comment below. Let's bring this issue to the devs ASAP.

Same issue here, I only noticed it in 1.3. Before that it has been smooth as silk with the battle size set to 1000.

It's still playable, I will only experience a lag spike mid-siege which will last 5 - 30 secs and then all is fine again. Hopefully sorted next patch.

Well, I was suffering this issue with 12GB of RAM. In sieges I had 20-30 FPS when the army reached the walls, even in very low settings. I monitorized my RAM and it filled up until the 12 GB. I upgraded my PC today with 4 GB more and nothing has improved, the same FPS issue with the same settings. It fills up and then starts to shutter.

Geforce GTX 1660 SUPER
16 GB RAM
Intel core i7 3770 3,40GHZ
WINDOWS 7 64 BITS ( 16GB OF RAM LIMIT VERSION)

Can't understand why this problem is not solved yet and I'm wondering if it will be solved any time.

So, i play on an older potato Asus ROG laptop and crank the settings down so i get some decent frames. I noticed that after the update to 1.3 when i logged it my frames were trash. Come to find out all the video and performance settings got cranked to max. I cranked them back down and it works fine. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom