Team Deathmatch ? ... bringing magic back to PW

Are you on Red or Green side of the mod?

• Red (team deathmatch)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Green (RP controlled game))

Votes: 45 66.2%
  • I do not agree with such a point of view

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I fit into that light roleplay crowd. As does most of the rest of the community. Persistent roleplay seems to cater only to heavy role play, because it forces everyone to abide by the laws (even though you aren't enforcing things as tightly as would be needed).

I thought of this during the day. Here's the poll:

Degrees of roleplay

None______________________Light_____________________Moderate_________________Heavy
-/-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Green covers anywhere from next-to-none to hardcore overkill roleplay.
Red covers randoming.

Of course people vote green :smile:

Votes are ridiculous anyway, since we do not vote for any specific server

And my guess would be: most people who regularly go to NA prefer moderate to hardcore RP

While on the EU: you would be hardpressed to find anyone interested in even voting.

So mostly light RP and attempted light RP

To be honest the majority of the PW players are light RPers (i have seen this a lot in EU because when i got EU i don't get in depth RPs but I do get fun ones that seem too be more fighting oriented)

And a very small amount are medium in comparison too the light and i have only seen 3 hardcore RPers on any server

So my point here is that you have to cater to the light RP groups as well unless you want too have a huge map with only 14 people in it (Unless you made a small town scene with all building enterable which i would be all for :grin:)

Splintert..Thank you again. (I am getting tired of thanking you :wink:)

Poll I put it was not precise and never meant to be. I wanted to get general picture and I have it.

Generally players who use forum like RP in any form. More interesting for me was to find out that there are some players (in forum) who like to see PW as a TDM. I will definitely set up more precise forum before starting new server.
There is no point to start new server similar to all others. I see however possibility for TDM server free of control. It would require specially prepared map and maybe some further modification but..

knowing my luck M&B 2 will come up when I will be ready for starting new server. SO I wait.

For now I would like to encourage some new server owners to try something different than EU and NA as this two servers are perfectly fine for RP PW and there is simply no need for more servers in here.

Last comment:

I strongly believe that some RP is needed to play this mod at all. PW TDM as I see it would be also involving RP as PW always was even in 22nd times. (actually that was the best RP as it was under pressure and who did not RP was dead  :twisted:)

EDIT(after reading all thread..what? at least I admitted :grin:) Suspicious: the very fact that I make you comment on it is the most encouraging fact  :roll:

(After reading again)

RP will be always present in PW. What is annoying is to be told what is and what is not good RP. It is like some guys here have patent.

For me RP is just playing the role while playing. Even when I play native I do not play as ME. I play as my character in battle.

You so not have to use formal/ancient way of talking to other to RP. You can use "normal" language. It is ok in my opinion. All this pretending that we are in medieval times is silly.

We play game. This is only a game.

Back to topic:

V4 is Team Match. RP will be there as M&B is RP game. What I am about is just to stop making more of something which is very simple. It is all about what is defoult for server. I love FREE play. I love RPlay. I hate rules which make me feel like NPC. 

BTW..double post..oups

It is not precise but you can put it in this way...It does not matter really. Boy from future in medieval or boy in medieval from future. Sounds the same to me... :roll:

Game is not in REAL medieval anyway...

As long you stay in character you are RP. In other way I would go upset about "el presidente" and other random things people put in game. But this is not a point...
I am History fanatic so I know that 90% of players take as medieval what was about 100 years later. Who cares anyway?

NOV has a point (I think this is the second time in a year)

It's physically impossible to enforce true medieval role play. So why try? Just drop the details of hard core overkill roleplay: talking like you're from that time, walking like you're from that time, and most importantly, bathing like you're from that time.

You can never eliminate the fact that this is the 21st century and that it's all taking place over the internet, and that if you die you just respawn. Stop trying to make an alternate reality, aye?

Stephanie said:
To be honest the majority of the PW players are light RPers (i have seen this a lot in EU because when i got EU i don't get in depth RPs but I do get fun ones that seem too be more fighting oriented)

And a very small amount are medium in comparison too the light and i have only seen 3 hardcore RPers on any server

So my point here is that you have to cater to the light RP groups as well unless you want too have a huge map with only 14 people in it (Unless you made a small town scene with all building enterable which i would be all for :grin:)

Sorry I missed this earlier...

This is very good point

I can imagine that this majority would anjoy a lot PW Deathmatch with the hint of RP in it. V3 was all about deathmatching but it was also a lot of fun with RP needed to create/organise faction. Now we have factions/teams allready organised by Vornne but this not stopping players from being creative and try to find some goals/policy/story behind faction.

Maybe it would be good idea to freeze (if possible) faction names for a week in which they can find the winner of TDM. On next week new ideas and new faction can be brought to the game. Just wondering...

[..it could be like on Formula1 race: team would face in pre-battle to get their poll position in the map for a week]

NOVICIUS said:
Stephanie said:

This is very good point

I can imagine that this majority would anjoy a lot PW Deathmatch with the hint of RP in it. V3 was all about deathmatching but it was also a lot of fun with RP needed to create/organise faction. Now we have factions/teams allready organised by Vornne but this not stopping players from being creative and try to find some goals/policy/story behind faction.

Maybe it would be good idea to freeze (if possible) faction names for a week in which they can find the winner of TDM. On next week new ideas and new faction can be brought to the game. Just wondering...

[..it could be like on Formula1 race: team would face in pre-battle to get their poll position in the map for a week]

In full honesty...this mod is practically 2 lines of code (figuratively speaking) from any of the other RP server's I've either created, used, or played in other games which, quite frankly, could at least break 200 players reliably.

If you want to senselessly go around killing eachother for that, they already have a mode for it. Its called Native.

However, this is not to say that there aren't degrees of roleplay that can be catered to. All I'm saying is that you can't expect to lump them all into one server and not have problems.

And as for attempting to create an alternate reality in game, that's rather the point of roleplaying =p. To live out a character in a set world (fictional or semi-fictional usually), and then interacting with other character's there on a normal basis.

Richard Shru said:
NOVICIUS said:
Stephanie said:

This is very good point

In full honesty...this mod is practically 2 lines of code (figuratively speaking)

dont say that to a programer,lol, we think you mean coding,lol...

Legolan said:
Richard Shru said:
NOVICIUS said:
Stephanie said:

This is very good point

In full honesty...this mod is practically 2 lines of code (figuratively speaking)

dont say that to a programer,lol, we think you mean coding,lol...

=p

To rephrase then, the similarities outweigh the differences (in fact, in full honesty the only difference between this and a normal San Andreas Multiplayer server is the clunky money system, lack of invite only factions, and rather dyslexic manner of storing equipment).

Back
Top Bottom