Team Damage in Battle Server

Users who are viewing this thread

Honcho

Recruit
This is not a post complaining about team damage, everyone understands it should be there. Later private servers can remove it if they wish.
However I think 100% team damage is the worst thing to implement. Being punished for others mistakes sucks, being shot by your own archers sucks, being hit by your own cavalry sucks, hitting others by mistake sucks, having trolls team hit or team kill on purpose also sucks. So how to improve the system?

Self Reflected Team Damage (SRTD). It is the best thing to implement IMO. If you make a mistake and hit a team mate you will pay the consequences not them, this will also stop trolls from team hitting and team killing. I belive it's worth testing now that Battle Servers are still in testing phase.

If i had a server i would reduce SRTD to 50% and pushes would not be self reflected, their often used as banter between players not toxic behaviour.

This is not a post complaining about team damage, everyone understands it should be there. Later private servers can remove it if they wish.
However I think 100% team damage is the worst thing to implement. Being punished for others mistakes sucks, being shot by your own archers sucks, being hit by your own cavalry sucks, hitting others by mistake sucks, having trolls team hit or team kill on purpose also sucks. So how to improve the system?

Self Reflected Team Damage (SRTD). It is the best thing to implement IMO. If you make a mistake and hit a team mate you will pay the consequences not them, this will also stop trolls from team hitting and team killing. I belive it's worth testing now that Battle Servers are still in testing phase.

If i had a server i would reduce SRTD to 50% and pushes would not be self reflected, their often used as banter between players not toxic behaviour.
Reflective TK was something always suggested, granted TW has finally managed to put basic TK in without crashing and hopefully their next step is reflective. I don't think much people disagree with reflective teamkill.

I disagree with reflective tk if its put in the base setup, if people want it in their custom servers fine but it would suck to get on the xbox version and not be able to defend yourself, tk is only an issue when the teammates are garbage or when a player better than you is out to get you and xbox only really has the latter issue. If we have reflective tk people no longer need skill just numbers to crowd their targets and theres nothing that can be done. My idea for the solution is get good or beat the person who hits you half to death and people will eventually learn.

I disagree with reflective tk if its put in the base setup, if people want it in their custom servers fine but it would suck to get on the xbox version and not be able to defend yourself, tk is only an issue when the teammates are garbage or when a player better than you is out to get you and xbox only really has the latter issue. If we have reflective tk people no longer need skill just numbers to crowd their targets and theres nothing that can be done. My idea for the solution is get good or beat the person who hits you half to death and people will eventually learn.
What?

tk is only an issue when a player better than you is out to get you
What? How does that work lmao, how is teamkilling an issue when you are fighting some enemy?

If we have reflective tk people no longer need skill just numbers to crowd their targets
Hmmm no? The complete opposite, you see what currently happens on the casual servers without reflective damage it just becomes a mot ball. With teamdamage on it just becomes annoying and people don't learn because they don't affect themselves, reflective teamdamage in combination with normal teamdamage learns people to look where and what they hit.

I really hope this is a troll post, your profile definitely looks like one.

Reflected damage is better than regular team damage it doesn't stop trolling entirely but it greatly reduces it. Both are however preferable to no team damage at all.

What?

What? How does that work lmao, how is teamkilling an issue when you are fighting some enemy?

answer: i think he means when a person on his own team is deliberately trying to kill him

Hmmm no? The complete opposite, you see what currently happens on the casual servers without reflective damage it just becomes a mot ball. With teamdamage on it just becomes annoying and people don't learn because they don't affect themselves, reflective teamdamage in combination with normal teamdamage learns people to look where and what they hit.

answer: normal friendly fire affects the best players and the worst , a reflective friendly fire only hurts the worst players. Having normal friendly fire would make veteran players avoid mosh pits and take their time when fighting letting the worse teamates kill themselves rather then get team-hit by them.

Avoiding danger is part of becoming a better player, i know its frustrating bc it is new and seemingly unfair but it offers more depth imo(if reflective damage was on, veteran players would hug opponents and newer players would kill themselves a lot more, as the better player you should have the wisdom to hang back until the rabble is gone. Also using your enemies attacks to your advantage is a great tactic on harder opponents, and if reflective damage was on you would not have that tactic)

Last edited:
Is that why you always bait your teammates and be the last one alive on your team on battle. Is that also why you drop your shield and weapons run away whenever you're outnumbered, then wait for your teammates to die then run around the map and waste everyone's time @Jesus__is__Lord

People that mainly play siege / TDM without friendly fire got convenient to not to think groupfights, they just spam attacks while not paying attention to teammates. The result of this is what we currently see in battle mod. Right now players have to actually be more careful of their teammates than the enemy :smile:
I believe team damage should still be a thing, maybe make it like it is in skirmish mod. Self reflective team damage can also be a nice idea to implement, and even automatic kick after a certain amount of negative score should be introduced.

What?

I really hope this is a troll post, your profile definitely looks like one.
Not a troll post I dont mean the enemy will be out to get you, I've seen clans fighting in siege on both the defense and offensive teamkilling each other, people will go after you from both sides. Also I dont really care what happens on the PC servers because you all are usually very mild and most have mediocre skill, my concern is for xbox where there are hackers and everyone has got something wrong with them, and most of us could go toe to toe with your best players, where people are said to have been in federal trouble and a clan had disrupted battles from happening for a whole year through sheer power. These are the people who I will be fighting who will attack me from every angle both on and off my team and I'd like to defend myself, if damage is reflected I cant hit back and they'll just resort to booting stressing doxxing and crowding my character or if I can still do partial damage plus take reflection they'll just use numbers to take turns hitting me so only I die.

I like the 100% team damage, It just feels right , and it's the closest thing you get to a chaotic battle scene, I was sad when they removed it from siege...
Just have to be careful not to team hit your team ,but that takes time and skill, as for the people team killing on purpose, a kick or ban would be enough.

Not a troll post I dont mean the enemy will be out to get you, I've seen clans fighting in siege on both the defense and offensive teamkilling each other, people will go after you from both sides. Also I dont really care what happens on the PC servers because you all are usually very mild and most have mediocre skill, my concern is for xbox where there are hackers and everyone has got something wrong with them, and most of us could go toe to toe with your best players, where people are said to have been in federal trouble and a clan had disrupted battles from happening for a whole year through sheer power. These are the people who I will be fighting who will attack me from every angle both on and off my team and I'd like to defend myself, if damage is reflected I cant hit back and they'll just resort to booting stressing doxxing and crowding my character or if I can still do partial damage plus take reflection they'll just use numbers to take turns hitting me so only I die.
What are you on about?

You wouldn’t last 30 seconds against most PC players who play this game somewhat competitive.

This forums... I can't anymore... The voices they keep telling me to...

Nice bait

Nice bait

i used to play on xbox,

people are a lot, A LOT more toxic

there was a guy who endlessly hunted me every night even though there was an auto-kick every 3 team kills (he would just rejoin)

I couldnt fight back because i would get kicked and lose all my gold so i just would endlessly block him until he got bored

xbox live had ZERO moderation/host intervention, it was the wild west.

the 3 team-kill automatic kick is a half attempt at preventing such a trolling

the only way to really prevent this sort of thing is to have no penalty for killing teamates because any restriction/reflection is going to leave you powerless to defend yourself(short of 1 hour bans etc)

at least without any restrictions you can just kill the trolls normally

i used to play on xbox,

people are a lot, A LOT more toxic

there was a guy who endlessly hunted me every night even though there was an auto-kick every 3 team kills (he would just rejoin)

I couldnt fight back because i would get kicked and lose all my gold so i just would endlessly block him until he got bored

xbox live had ZERO moderation/host intervention, it was the wild west.

the 3 team-kill automatic kick is a half attempt at preventing such a trolling

the only way to really prevent this sort of thing is to have no penalty for killing teamates because any restriction/reflection is going to leave you powerless to defend yourself(short of 1 hour bans etc)

at least without any restrictions you can just kill the trolls normally
That's a problem on moderation, not on design. Just because it happens on xbox doesn't mean it happens on pc. Comparing two completely different situations

That's a problem on moderation, not on design. Just because it happens on xbox doesn't mean it happens on pc. Comparing two completely different situations

i would argue that with great design, no moderation would be needed

moderation leads to a whole different avenue of abuse (i have been perma-banned on napoleonic servers by admins bc i "put tnt near their regiment" )

at least with trolls i can fight them, bad admins just ban you

Back
Top Bottom