Taleworlds won't be at E3, will be at Gamescom, matchmaking, blogs

Users who are viewing this thread

Etherius said:
Honestly, I am very sad and feel my hope dying horribly after reading this news. I can understand TW and their desire to make the best M&B game possible and to polish everything before release, I can understand their position and their reasons. However, I can't stop myself from feeling like I got a huge blow.
And mind you, I'm not blaming TW for this, it's thier product and they are free to do whatever they want with it.

I just wanted to say that I had huge hope to see if not play the game by the end of spring or early summer (not a full game, but  an early access or beta version), and now I received the information that I will have to wait 5 more months before I get some solid information about beta/EA/release date. My only hope now is that TW will do as they promised about announcing the release date few weeks before the actual release and we will get the announcement at Gamescom.

Another point is that I would like to say thank you to Callum for providing us with this information this early, so we will not have any false expectations before Gamescom, although I agree that it would be great if such news could be published here as well, not by users but by someone from the team dealing with community.

Once again, sorry if this post will annoy you, I just wanted to went my frustration somewhere, and I'm pointing out that I do not blame TW or anyone in particular for this, I respect this company and wish them nothing but good things.
Thank you for your time reading this.

There can be no hope in this hell... no hope at all.

R4MPZY said:
Why did you have hope for this year in the first place? I've been waiting since 2012, i got rid of my hope long ago and now just keep waiting, silently, patiently.

After Gamescom 2018 there were a lot of rumours about some kind of EA or beta in Spring 2019, plus there was a blog after Gamescom with smb asking about EA/beta which TW answered by saying that they strongly consider the possibility and necessity of this step before final release. That's why I thought it was possible that the game would be released by the end of 2019.

I still think that there is a very slim chance to see the game or even play it by the end of 2019, I am aware that it's very dangerous to have any expectations by now, however Gamescom seems to be the best possibility for TW to gain as much public attention without any additional efforts from their side and announcing the release date during this event is going to be a good start of advertisement.
It's just this hope that left, because it's going to be a hell if we are to wait one more year.

FBohler said:
Wow, not attending to the E3 make it almost certain of no 2019 release date.

I'm starting to give up from this game by the way things are going.

After all, no expectations means no desilusion!

Not necessarily. game conferences divert a lot of time and energy away from development and towards compiling a presentable product. By not attending E3, Taleworlds has decided to direct more time towards development.

R4MPZY said:
Why did you have hope for this year in the first place? I've been waiting since 2012, i got rid of my hope long ago and now just keep waiting, silently, patiently.

Me too. There really is no other healthy option.

BayBear said:
FBohler said:
Wow, not attending to the E3 make it almost certain of no 2019 release date.

I'm starting to give up from this game by the way things are going.

After all, no expectations means no desilusion!

Not necessarily. game conferences divert a lot of time and energy away from development and towards compiling a presentable product. By not attending E3, Taleworlds has decided to direct more time towards development.

Especially when you consider E3 is halfway around the world, and Gamescom is in their backyard basically

Sir Bob Knightley said:
There can be no hope in this hell... no hope at all.

There is hope and that's everything we have, and blogs, but it's a random thing, sometimes they provide really interesting information and some new pieces of actual gameplay footage and sometimes we get something not very relevant for us as fans and gamers, but interesting for modders or for the history of this game.
If we don't get the game by the end of this year I will just give up waiting actively. I will surely buy the game as soon as it's released, but I'm afraid that in case the release is going to be delayed more after Gamescome, TW will face very severe backlash from community, because now time is working against TW and they can't keep the game any longer if they want to get new audience. IMHO, the longer you make fans wait for the game, the more irritated they become, not all of them can understand developers and look at this situation from their point of view.

Roccoflipside said:
Especially when you consider E3 is halfway around the world, and Gamescom is in their backyard basically

I would not agree with you about this point, there is some merit in your words, however E3 is more global thing by design and its purpose is to provide big publishers with a platform to present their leading projects. It has too many big names for TW to deal with. So I think it's easier for our Turkish friends to present their product during while smaller but more concentrated event, with more target audience present.
I'm not claiming to be absolutely correct and just giving my opinion.

Etherius said:
Roccoflipside said:

I would not agree with you about this point, there is some merit in your words, however E3 is more global thing by design and its purpose is to provide big publishers with a platform to present their leading projects. It has too many big names for TW to deal with. So I think it's easier for our Turkish friends to present their product during while smaller but more concentrated event, with more target audience present.

This year's E3 has only one undisputed protagonist,
giphy.gif

Etherius said:
Roccoflipside said:

Smaller? Attendance at E3 2018 was 69,200 compared to 370,000 at Gamescom 2018.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Entertainment_Expo
https://www.ign.com/wikis/gamescom/Attendance_and_Stats

NPC99 said:
Smaller? Attendance at E3 2018 was 69,200 compared to 370,000 at Gamescom 2018.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Entertainment_Expo
https://www.ign.com/wikis/gamescom/Attendance_and_Stats

My bad, didn't know that, thanks for giving this info.
By the way, what about online audience? E3 seems to be somewhat lame compared to Gamescom then.

BayBear said:

While I agree with you that conferences may be a waste of time dev-wise, these events are increasingly important as the release date approaches.

This being said, if they're choosing to save development effort in 2019 by avoiding E3, it's safe to assume BL isn't seeing any daylight this year.

FBohler said:
BayBear said:

While I agree with you that conferences may be a waste of time dev-wise, these events are increasingly important as the release date approaches.

Important to whom and why?

Duh_TaleWorlds said:
They are still in the works, but no final decision has been made on the date of release/migration. And just to clarify - I am (currently) not involved in the development of the website.

Ok, thanks.

Etherius said:
R4MPZY said:

After Gamescom 2018 there were a lot of rumours about some kind of EA or beta in Spring 2019, plus there was a blog after Gamescom with smb asking about EA/beta which TW answered by saying that they strongly consider the possibility and necessity of this step before final release. That's why I thought it was possible that the game would be released by the end of 2019.

I still think that there is a very slim chance to see the game or even play it by the end of 2019, I am aware that it's very dangerous to have any expectations by now, however Gamescom seems to be the best possibility for TW to gain as much public attention without any additional efforts from their side and announcing the release date during this event is going to be a good start of advertisement.
It's just this hope that left, because it's going to be a hell if we are to wait one more year.
Rumors are just that, we have had those rumors every year since they originally announced the release date for 2016. My guess is even if they go the EA way, it will only be for a few months before release and god knows how much that'll be but pretty sure it wont be this year either.

Maybe 2020-2021.

I have been counting and from the original picture of Taleworlds that marked the beginning of Callum's reign in PR we've had 28 Q&A with devs, so 61 remaining devblogs remaining just in Q&A (unless you remove the 19 people working in administration, which leaves us with 42 devblogs in Q&A left). Add the "features we want to present to you", which leaves us with a release window of at least a couple of years (unless they surprisingly cut the devblogs to release the game). That is my assessment, change my mind  :grin:

yr6ky6.png

Insider said:
I have been counting and from the original picture of Taleworlds that marked the beginning of Callum's reign in PR we've had 28 Q&A with devs, so 61 remaining devblogs remaining just in Q&A (unless you remove the 19 people working in administration, which leaves us with 42 devblogs in Q&A left). Add the "features we want to present to you", which leaves us with a release window of at least a couple of years (unless they surprisingly cut the devblogs to release the game). That is my assessment, change my mind  :grin:

yr6ky6.png

I'm so sorry, I couldn't resist...  :lol:

KdnPv7e.jpg

Insider said:

yr6ky6.png
Keep in mind that this picture is from July of 2017. That year we had a lot of interns (me included!). Some of them are now working as full-time employees and some of them returned to their schools etc.

Back
Top Bottom