Taleworlds' logic on Skins

Users who are viewing this thread

Errayn

Sergeant Knight at Arms
image.png
image.png
image.png

Then people told me that i am toxic.

Yeah, it's pretty dumb tbh. From my understanding, >20 is supposed to be stuff like chainmail supplemented with leather garments, though we have stuff like the Aserai Guard that looks decently armored, but only has one extra point of armor compared to the Tribal Warrior (I'm assuming his breastplate is made of actual gold, which is a very crappy material for armor IRL)

****ing hilarious man, i am now fighting a peasant that looks like an heavy I'm sure this will help new players alot!
Class system at his peak^^

So i just logged into the game to find out that "Improved Armor" only adds pauldrons or some kind of cape to represent the +9 armor bonus.

So i'm apparently supposed to believe that wearing a bear pelt over casual clothes gives you as much protection as wearing chainmail underneath your leather vest.

And certain classes from certain factions are good at making really convincing cosplay armor. I think for customization to really work, chest pieces, helmets and pauldrons should have equipment sets that are mutually exclusive from one another (i.e: You can't pick a chainmail shirt on a peasant troop unless you have selected the Improved Armor perk, and you can't have just casual clothes if you're an unarmored peasant or shock troop)

Last edited:
This is the culmination of the class system.

Back in the day @Piconi and I had some headaches and tug of war with the respective devs to adapt the "aesthetics" to the assigned protection value... this has now blown up after the addition of the "customization system"... in my eyes a failed experiment in an already precarious test tube... and I'm not even talking about the addition of the passive perks because it makes my temples swell up...

Have you seen what they have done to my legionary?
giphy.gif

And the other classes, some of them remain the same, others have been travestied, and the unlockable options have been thrown into the pool as if a cabbage cart had overturned...

A hybrid system was advocated... keeping the classes for CM along with bringing back the Warband system for the other modes... the door is being keep held shut tightly by Taleworlds.

Now this is what we have.

Nothing wrong here, vlandian peasants eat potatoes all the time so they are naturally more resistant against any type of attack. Below the rags, vlandian peasants have bodies like the Greek gods (except for Dionysos)

Back in the day @Piconi and I had some headaches and tug of war with the respective devs to adapt the "aesthetics" to the assigned protection value
Still have mild acute headaches when thinking about it...
Back in the day (pre 0.8 patch) we had this on our table
#1 is default armor, #2 is with improved armor perk
RzbCH.jpg

It did help out things to turn out somewhat okay in the end though, but now these skins have brought up the same issue, even more pronounced.
I still have the .PSD of this so if anyone wants to have a bit easier time updating this with the latest values and skin sets instead of default armors (you`ll have to take the new screenshots and crop them on your own), let me know here or via PM and i`ll shoot the download link to them.

Perhaps looking at a new aesthetic-value discrepancy watch for units and their armor category peers, and in relation to the looks of the new skins, the community can reach some consensus easier by having something for comparison all in one image/table.
Then after tweaking, in a more structured way it can be presented to the respective devs as suggestion for changes.

Thought they decided to get rid of class system ?
personally i wish sequel to wb was basically a wb reskin with added new features but in a new modern engine. only change physics related things and update graphics. i understand this would prolly be much more difficult than to create an entirely new game from scratch, but this is just how i would want it to be.

however, i would also always encourage artists, regardless of branche, to explore and try new things, some things may not work very well while other new ideas may be great! what works and doesnt work, i will let creators descide, its their product after all. i dont like to tell painters how to paint their painting.

i think m&b 3 will be amazing

personally i wish sequel to wb was basically a wb reskin with added new features but in a new modern engine. only change physics related things and update graphics. i understand this would prolly be much more difficult than to create an entirely new game from scratch, but this is just how i would want it to be.

however, i would also always encourage artists, regardless of branche, to explore and try new things, some things may not work very well while other new ideas may be great! what works and doesnt work, i will let creators descide, its their product after all. i dont like to tell painters how to paint their painting.

i think m&b 3 will be amazing
Totally agree, I wish warband was like a reskin. Testing ideas are great, considering it's EA, but that's why it's called testing, you test something if it works or not. Not sure bout m&b 3, too early?

Totally agree, I wish warband was like a reskin. Testing ideas are great, considering it's EA, but that's why it's called testing, you test something if it works or not. Not sure bout m&b 3, too early?
the mistakes and good things you learn from one game may carry over to the next game you make, this game isnt done yet, you wont know for sure what works and what doesnt until the game has been completed and matured. idk when the 3rd m&b will be announced by i think its safe to say that it will come sooner or later.

a sequel to anything wonderful is always the hardest to pull off.

The great irony of the customization system is that it is a few lines of code away from what people really wanted, a true gold-based loadout system. Hell, tie it into a Call Of Duty style progression system to unlock new pieces with "loot" that I can use in rounds in my loadouts if you must.

They gave us the worst of both worlds here.

Back
Top Bottom