Taleworlds already out of CD Keys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Already getting the bug "Incorrect Serial Key" for Viking Conquest. I read that this is due to Taleworlds running out of CD Keys. Is this true?

What do?

Andee said:
Is this true?

No.
The cd key is 16 characters long. If each character could be a letter or a number, then the total possible combinations is 7.9586611e+24  (36 to power 16).
If all characters could be only numbers, then there would be 1e+16 (which means 1 with 16 zeroes after it).

I bought the game through Avangate (directly through Taleworlds) and while they did email me a link to download the mod, I can't play online because they never gave me a serial key.  The email with the link has strange grammar and sentence structure too.  Clearly they were not ready to release this.

The_dragon said:
Andee said:
Is this true?

No.
The cd key is 16 characters long. If each character could be a letter or a number, then the total possible combinations is 7.9586611e+24  (36 to power 16).
If all characters could be only numbers, then there would be 1e+16 (which means 1 with 16 zeroes after it).
If all possibilities work, there is no need to buy the game. you can just guess the cd-key. :razz:
Also, I believe that they only activate keys in batches. So not every key is available from the start.
Usually Steam uses different keys as well, but they can't just sell the game more than they bought from Taleworlds. (Well they can, but the people that bought it would need to wait until steam acquires new keys from taleworlds)

Also, I severely doubt that the Developers from Vikings have anything to do with this game purposely being released in a buggy state, I presume they tried their best to finish it in time and asked for a delay on the release but didn't get it. However this is pure speculation from my part, I don't know anything about how this went.

Back
Top Bottom