Taking Kiev

Users who are viewing this thread

Njiekovic

Sergeant Knight
I've been struggling with this for a while now and even restarted a game to avoid the problem (only to get it again). I'm doing the Black Mace quest and need to capture Kiev, which is owned by the Cossacks. Now the Black Mace quest was originally given by these dudes and so I'm not sure whether I should kick them out of Kiev or not.

Cossacks are pretty damn strong in my game and they're not going to lose the city to any of the other factions soon. I've tried all of their enemies to make peace with all other enemies, but so far I only managed to do this with the Russians and the Poles (so the Poles can spend more armies on the Cossacks).

Does anyone know whether it'll get me **** on a plate if I attack Kiev now, with the Cossacks holding it?

At that stage of the quest, you should be considered the Marshall for the claimant, and if you've convinced any lords to join you, you can ask them to follow you and whatever you siege they'll siege as well. It's quite easy to recruit nobles, as long as you don't mind "cheating" by saving before trying to convince them, so that you can just try again if you fail. I really recommend doing this, it really makes it a lot easier to take over the Polish.

Back
Top Bottom