Swyter's Font Customizer can't Load Fonts

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm trying to replace the font in my mod, but Swyter's font customizer isn't loading the custom fonts I've installed. They're .ttf files and I got it to work no problem years ago on a different project--I remember having trouble then too but I can't recall what I did to fix it...

It's loading all the default fonts and my custom fonts from last time no problem. Has anyone else run into this issue/have any advice?

I'm super confused, help would be greatly appreciated.

Write down which steps you all took, so it is easier to pin point to a problem, @Swyter might be able to help you too when time is given to him. Is it loading your custom fonts from the last time but not the new ones? Perhaps there is some difference in the file format which you didn't notice.

Upvote 0
Write down which steps you all took, so it is easier to pin point to a problem, @Swyter might be able to help you too when time is given to him. Is it loading your custom fonts from the last time but not the new ones? Perhaps there is some difference in the file format which you didn't notice.
Thanks for the quick response!

Here are the steps I took:

1. downloaded and installed a couple fonts, some .ttf some .otf
2. verified they made it to c:\windows\fonts\
3. verified they were accessible in other programs like word and paint.net
4. ran @Swyter 's font customizer as an administrator

...and they don't show up on the list. It's frustrating because the fonts from last time (probably 2015) are on the list, and I distinctly remember having the same problem but can't remember how I worked around it for the life of me--I've tried it on multiple computers with multiple fonts with the same results.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help--I ended up dusting off my brother's old desktop that still runs windows xp and got some (not all) fonts to show up.
Definitely not ideal but hey I'll take it.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom