Sword Sisters

Users who are viewing this thread

We'll look at some female troop types to include into factions, such as the Nords are already receiving, and try to develop some mercenary units for this purpose.  For the those curious on my take, I'll stress that I prefer to keep such units as plausible warriors and not eye candy.  Their design should include actual armor and fit a definite role within a troop list.  I can even look into setting up specific troop types as loading as male or female (randomly or by a set % split) if that's what folks want to see.  For example, a Shield Maiden could always spawn as a female, but a Nord Warrior could spawn as male (80% of the time) and female the rest of the time.

Windyplains said:
We'll look at some female troop types to include into factions, such as the Nords are already receiving, and try to develop some mercenary units for this purpose.  For the those curious on my take, I'll stress that I prefer to keep such units as plausible warriors and not eye candy.  Their design should include actual armor and fit a definite role within a troop list.  I can even look into setting up specific troop types as loading as male or female (randomly or by a set % split) if that's what folks want to see.  For example, a Shield Maiden could always spawn as a female, but a Nord Warrior could spawn as male (80% of the time) and female the rest of the time.

I think 20% of them being female might be a little too high if going for unless wanting to move away from the semi historical accuracy of Warband.
5-10% maybe.
But that's just my personal opinion assuming you want to maintain that, I am personally not against 20%, just felt it should be mentioned.

Maybe the percentage of female troops could be set in game settings.  So if someone wanted 95% female troops they could do it.

I'd likely set mine at 2%

I agree whole-heartedly on the armors, Windy.  Chain mail bras/bikinis would ruin the feel of Warband.

Barnolo said:
Maybe the percentage of female troops could be set in game settings.  So if someone wanted 95% female troops they could do it.

I'd likely set mine at 2%

I agree whole-heartedly on the armors, Windy.  Chain mail bras/bikinis would ruin the feel of Warband.

Yea I don't want to break immersion period, but maybe introduce our own unique take on some special mercenaries. 

Adding a slider could be an option to adjust the percentage.

Barnolo said:
Sacred 2 sepharim melee armor set: http://www.sacredwiki.org/images/Sacred_2/sets/Sera/niokaste.gif
Does that really break immersion?
Ok, it does, I just hate that damn ****y set. :evil:

Why not just give them the same armour as everyone else? Joan of Arc didn't wear armour that showed cleavage, she just wore slightly smaller versions of the armour the men had.

Leifdin said:
Well, armour either does or doesn't have a female variant. There isn't much choice in that matter.

Actually all native and 90% of the armors I put in have a female mesh associated with them.  I still have some things to patch up on the items as far as that goes.  Is that what you were referring to Leifdin?

I agree about keeping chainmail bikinis out of the game proper (even though I myself mod in chainmail bikinis for the more fantasy-oriented mods from Chinese sites/really old OSPs on occasion). However, I would like to make sure that all the armors used for the female troops have female meshes. They shouldn't be wearing thongs and high heels on the battlefield, but they also shouldn't be as bulky and huge as regular male troops either.

Pallanza said:
I agree about keeping chainmail bikinis out of the game proper (even though I myself mod in chainmail bikinis for the more fantasy-oriented mods from Chinese sites/really old OSPs on occasion). However, I would like to make sure that all the armors used for the female troops have female meshes. They shouldn't be wearing thongs and high heels on the battlefield, but they also shouldn't be as bulky and huge as regular male troops either.

First off my apologies I hit the modify instead of quote button been a long night.

I completely agree, you will find no chain mail bikinis or thongs in Silverstag, :wink:

There are a couple plate armors that do not have a female mesh associated with them due to clipping issues, I plan on creating female variants for those eventually.

Dawg of War said:
UniversalWolf said:
Rus Scale Armor doesn't have a female mesh.  I wish it did because it's my favorite.

It has one now, I just have not finished my to-do list and hasn't been uploaded yet.

Are you doing the Kuyak too? Combining that with that one Vaegir chainmail mask that completely drapes over the head is my ideal setup for my next playthrough as a Vaegir archeress and her militia company comprised entirely of archers and spearmen.

Pallanza said:
Dawg, any news on your updating of female meshes and variants for armor?

Added later period helms "Klappvisier, salets, barbuta" etc.  All female mesh variants are finished, plate armors do not have female variants due to clipping issues.  Could be added to the next version, still wrapping other minor things up. 

Yarrum said:
Are these custom female meshes or the generic ones that you can generate in OpenBRF?

They are the native meshes.  Some but not all osp had them so I added them.  The plate armors would require custom meshes though.

Back
Top Bottom