MP Sci-Fi SW: Bear Force II - 1.0 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Blog 5 is here! http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-bear-force-ii/news/bear-force-ii-development-blog-5-phase-ii-clonesvideo-new-soundtrack
Phase II Clones.

For all that missed it, here's Blog 4 too - Jedi Temple.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-bear-force-ii/news/bear-force-ii-development-blog-4-coruscant-jedi-temple-preview-new-soundtrack

Thanks!
Here's the blueprint of it:
XvHpDwo.jpg

NightHawkreal said:

Too small, size does matter after all?

OT: Maybe the number of people that are supposed to be on it. I'd propose a small-medium-big-huge scale for scenes to make life easier for hosts. Yes, I'm way too late with the suggestion, but what can I do? Exactly.

Is there anyway to add hit stuns on melee combat whilst leaving it off for ranged combat to avoid stunlocks? I say this because anyone with a lightsaber can just swing wildly against anyone with a vibroblade, since the blade wont interrupt the lightsaber attack.

I'm trying to do that right now.

The problem is, all types of damage share the same threshold for stunning. Previously it was 1, meaning everything above 1 damage will stun you. For 0.4 I set it to something way above the possible limits, so there was no stun. In order to fix the melee, it's possible to bring the stun back but all the melee weapons(including the knives, swords etc.) will deal 40+ damage and therefore be able to kill you with 1-2 hits.
The reason for that lies in the fact that the most damage a blaster can do is around ~43, only snipers and the Geonosian sonic blaster are in that category, so I set the threshold to just above 42 to stun you.

What I am unsure about though is, if you land bad hits with your melee weapon, you may deal less damage(due to speed, armour calculations) and not actually stun the guy...if anyone knows more about this please let me know :razz:

Vraelomon said:
Is there anyway to add hit stuns on melee combat whilst leaving it off for ranged combat to avoid stunlocks? I say this because anyone with a lightsaber can just swing wildly against anyone with a vibroblade, since the blade wont interrupt the lightsaber attack.

Maybe, at the same time you remove the blasters from the game?

Sherlock Holmes said:

The problem is, all types of damage share the same threshold for stunning. Previously it was 1, meaning everything above 1 damage will stun you. For 0.4 I set it to something way above the possible limits, so there was no stun. In order to fix the melee, it's possible to bring the stun back but all the melee weapons(including the knives, swords etc.) will deal 40+ damage and therefore be able to kill you with 1-2 hits.
The reason for that lies in the fact that the most damage a blaster can do is around ~43, only snipers and the Geonosian sonic blaster are in that category, so I set the threshold to just above 42 to stun you.

What I am unsure about though is, if you land bad hits with your melee weapon, you may deal less damage(due to speed, armour calculations) and not actually stun the guy...if anyone knows more about this please let me know :razz:

Vraelomon said:

Sherlock Holmes said:
Sherlock Holmes said:

So far I've only heard about the melee.

And? Very few  people want ranged stun back, in comparison to the lots of people who enjoy the new shooting. Ranged stun, and with it low firerates are not coming back.

I'd say you could increase all melee damage (which I've been proponent of anyway), but it would require some adjustments to make the lightsaber superior to the others. Lightsabers should, perhaps be ~100 damage in order to ensure death on any blow. The shorter blades should lose the blocking ability (again) and/or be made slightly slower.  One could consider making the lightsaber crush through other blocks at times, but I'm not sure how that would turn out; the most important change would be the 100% kill-rate of the lightsaber (there's nothing worse than glancing off with a lightsaber...)

Hello gentlemen, I have some dire news.
Our forum is now down due to multiple stuff piling up, the domain has just expired and we have to renew it besides the hosting services. Also, you might have noticed that the official server has been down for 3 months now, great thanks to Danskr Vikingr for jumping in and hosting his New Sith Wars to act as a public server all this time.
If there's anyone here that has the means and wants to help us, please PM me for the details. The forum is really an essential community and development tool and we'd love to bring back the official server for the new update coming out.

Back
Top Bottom