Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding rogues:

After I saw people here say "pickpocket in most mods is useless" and after watching one of the Bannerlord showcases, I thought - why don't let the rogues be stealthy on more industrial scale? Why not raise to power through crime?

To make "advanced" criminal actions, you'd have to be a rogue yourself or have at least one companion who's a rogue. Advanced actions could be some of those:

- "Planting" bandits in a city to steal, rob and intimidate people, making a profit for you, with a chance for the band to get blasted by the guards in which case you lose the people* you put in there (explanation below this list) and on "critical fail" someone would rat you out and you'll lose honor and relations with that particular city and its lord. Also, the crime in the city would negatively impact its economy.
- Stealing supplies from villages (yes, stealing, not "forcing to give away" - more subtlety please :razz:). A quiet alternative to just robbing them. Results in the "relations" lose and possibly honor, too (on crit fails?).
- Stealing/sabotage of supplies in an enemy party, possibly slowing them down or mowing their morale a bit (if NPCs even use morale on campaign map). May result in a fight (most of the time that'd equal annihilation of your thieves).
- Sabotage of sieged city's supplies to shorten their time-to-surrender (I believe someone above has already suggested this).
- Possibly an option to "stalk" a village (kill/rob/harass any villagers party that leaves it). To worsen its city's economy over time, instead of razing the village right off the bat). If that makes any sense for the game whatsoever.
- Prison-breaking selected (or random?) units from enemy prisons (not parties, I think).
- Occupying a on-map bridge to collect a toll from (selectable) passing targets. Selection could be something like a checklist of "Farmers, Bandits, Caravans, War Parties (lol, who would try to toll a war party? xP)" and possibly a number box to type a "max size of robbed party" in, so you don't send your 10-men bandit group on 65-men caravan like a moron. May result in fight if the enemy party isn't intimidated enough and wants to fight back.
- And so on...

Now to explain: Why did I say "lose the people" and generally mentioned your "parties"? Because I propose that every "criminal" unit in the game has its own, uh, "rogue power" (terrible, I know, it's a placeholder name). The weakest bandits have the least, while the better ones have more. Rogue power would boost (but never replace!) your PC or companion's rogue abilities. The general idea is that:

- The smaller your criminal party, the harder it is to catch them (they're keeping together, less loose ends etc.).
- The greater your "rogue power", the better. That consist of both your bandit units' tiers and your PC/companion's Looting.
- In short: The best criminal party is a few of GOOD bandits, while the worst is a big crowd of low-tier wannabe robbers. Why? To cut "just spam endless bandits and you'll be fine" tactic.

Additionally, but not nearly necessarily - there could also be specific units like "thief", "spy", "saboteur" etc. that would give much more bonus to the action of their type, so saboteur will be better at sabotage than, say, a thief of the same tier. More of an addon (prolly unnecessary one, too) than anything crucial.

To form a crime party you'd have 2 options:

- Lead it yourself (must be a rogue). It occupies the PC so it's best to focus on one-time-event crime actions like stealing or sabotage, instead of collecting a toll or stalking a village, because it's damn boring. Also - you'd have to keep your party small and preferably consisting of high-tier bandits.
- Make a rogue companion the leader. This temporarily detaches your companion and selected troops so they can enjoy their criminal acts while you're roaming the lands to make a profit elsewhere.

And that's basically it for now. Thoughts?

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but why do Undead have the same morale value? Essentially they're dead and only obey their Masters orders so I was just curious if there is any thoughts on lowering the amount of Morale they kill  :razz:

Thanks

Dungeons. Not static ones. But instead working similar to bandit hideouts in native. The gate to final mob needs to be triggered by the player to open so every enemy NPC doesn't rush at you.

Made a TaleWorlds account only for your mod..

I would suggest adding something for mages similiar to the lichdom. When a character's magic power is 8 or above they will get a ritual option in their camp menu to acsend to some kind of a demi god . It will make their skin like the titans from might and magic 5  with glowing eyes and stuff. this will give them mana buffs and more magic power but dispel will damage them like white bolt damages the liches.

I realy like your mod and wish you good luck with it.

LordFishius said:
Also I thought about a Demonlogy skill that lets you summon demons..
There was a similar idea of Volker32 that I've put my 2 cents into:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,305004.msg8405425.html#msg8405425

But the skill "Demonology" is somewhat tricky, since there's skill limit in the game engine - you can swap existing skill with whatever you want, but alas, you can't add a new one.

Kubin said:
LordFishius said:

But the skill "Demonology" is somewhat tricky, since there's skill limit in the game engine - you can swap existing skill with whatever you want, but alas, you can't add a new one.

It could be combined with necromancy and just turn that whole school into black magic. Summoning demons seems like something a Lich would do for ****s and giggles.

Epicspencer said:
Kubin said:
LordFishius said:

It could be combined with necromancy and just turn that whole school into black magic. Summoning demons seems like something a Lich would do for **** and giggles.

Converting necromancy to Black Magic (or Dark Arts or whatever you'd want to call it) could actually be a good thing, conjoined with my previous idea regarding magic users. Hear ye, hear ye: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,305004.msg8224754.html#msg8224754

Based on this idea, you could choose what kind of dark mage to become (necromancer, demon caller, a witch/warlock [strong debuff spells in mind]) when advancing in the skill levels. And it could be extended beyond magic classes, because why not? When advancing in Weapon Master, for example, you could choose "<weapon type> mastery" and automatically gain +XXX points to chosen weapon (whilst limiting the max skill in all others, perhaps?). And you COULD do it, but you wouldn't have to - if you'd like to remain an all-rounder, go for it.

What do you think?

how about giant units for more factions?

Giants for the Humans (Generic Caldarian?) - Probably needs a high cost to balance.
Trolls for the Orcs
Undead Giants for the Undead(maybe undead trolls)
Driders for the Drows
Ents for the Elves

ArtistX said:
how about giant units for more factions?

Giants for the Humans (Generic Caldarian?) - Probably needs a high cost to balance.
Trolls for the Orcs
Undead Giants for the Undead(maybe undead trolls)
Driders for the Drows
Ents for the Elves
I don't think everyone needs a giant unit, I can see ents for elves going great, not sure wgat a drider is but the drow need a little love. The others feel a little forced, but super units for every race could be cool. Vampires could work for the undead, humans could get a hero, just a cool dude who kicks ass and maybe gives a small boost to units around him, a demigod for the priests, dwarves could get like a ballista or cannon or even just a badass dwarven hero, and the mages could get like an ethereal being made of  pure magic, or just a bigger, tougher golem. Then the orcs obviously hsve trolls snd the drow driders, I think that covers everyone, sorry if I missed someone

Kubin said:
Not true. Yes, there is a limit, but Phantasy still has 11 reserved skills free.

MadBull543 said:
Kubin said:
Not true. Yes, there is a limit, but Phantasy still has 11 reserved skills free.

Really? Damn. I didn't know that :grin: Every other mod I've ever seen has only had replacement skills, not additional ones. Why do people do that if there's indeed so many skill slots?
Anyway - that's a great news and I now hope to see what skills Guspav comes up with next :grin:

Just joining this conversation. Nice ideas so I had to speak out.  Surely summoning demons could be similar to the existing magic system.  Not familiar with any adnd later than 2ed but in some systems there were complex story based elements about knowing demon names and gaining control/making pacts with them.  Would be awkward if you lose control of these units but surely something similar to the existing magic system could be modified for Demonology?

:iamamoron: :twisted: your gona let me summon demons too? as if fireballs and golems where not enough  :grin: plz guzpav plz

realy those pesky vassals of mine that insist  on being called separate kingdoms may as well bow down now

While I am all for options, I feel like summoning demons would be overpowered, even more overpowered than the player already is. maybe if it was just the Balrogs to give the dark mage factions their own giant unit, and make them really rare and incur high cost. Still, I could see a demon army if the average demon unit was seriously nerfed. Full fireball spam makes battles basically a waste of time, not really a tactical challenge or  a struggle.

I would like to see some more monsters to fight AGAINST though, vampires may be an option that would be relatively simple, just make the normal humans with unique armors and call them vampires. there are a variety of humanoid monsters out there in the d&d setting that could be implemented, Kobolds, goblins, bugbears, ettins, trolls, ogres, giants, celestials, yaun-ti, dryads, et cetera.  I saw some resources for fine looking illithid on the monster page. Implementing any one of these would be a welcome addition to an already very diverse setting.

One last thing, while it is on my mind, It would also be nice to see a few new quests added to the list of those given by village elders, city mayors, and lords to include a few fantasy elements.
A modification of the ransom a captive daughter quest into a save a captive daughter from monsters for example. Hunting down orc raiding parties instead of looters, gathering those weird gems for mages or such. you may even think of getting specific by race, having the dwarf lords ask for certain things and the elves ask for others. 
Bah..
Im rambling. just some thoughts to consider

Glass_Justice said:
I'm sure you thought about adding in diplomacy before, and probably the landlord system, too. Any word on whether or not those are being considered for future versions?
The Diplomacy addition has been discussed before and was considered too messy to implement.
The Phantasy mod code has been growing a bit complex and the Diplomacy code is by itself quite complex and full of code python hacks so it would be a nightmare to merge (I actually have tried to do it before).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom