Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be more complicated than it would be worth, but have you ever considered making a similar mod around Viking conquest. I know making a mod of a mod would probably be a pain, but I  imagine if you could use the resources and mechanics already available in Viking conquest you could do some pretty amazing things!

+1 SeriousKnight01

i really would like a balanced version of this magic system in V.C. but that mod is already so buggy and poorly optimized i shudder to think of the amount of work it would take to get it to work

I got a suggestion:
No more native morale issues for Necromancer Players (or when they get transformed into lichdom)
The ways you lose morale are by :
Starvation...(Already included in Lichdom)
Losing Battles...
Recruiting War Prisoners...
Fighting too many times a day...
Waging war against faction-based troop's home...
Failing Quests...
Party Size...

Why would a Undead/Orc army care about that stuff? :fruity:

Edit:
Orcs would be mad at starvation and losing battles. (maybe party size too)

FrijolitoJR said:
I got a suggestion:
No more native morale issues for Necromancer Players (or when they get transformed into lichdom)
Losing Battles...
Failing Quests...
Party Size...

Edit:
+1

I've never understood why (aside of rough balance issues) would party morale suffer from its size. If anything it should rise with size, I mean, man - "There's many of us! Everyone will fear us!" kind of thinking.

Maybe make it so your party gains morale the bigger it is but to restrict it a bit, don't make it 1:1 as it is now. Perhaps +1 morale every 10 soldiers would be balanced. And undeads wouldn't even care (and so - undeads don't count towards the bonus).

Kubin said:
FrijolitoJR said:
I got a suggestion:
Losing Battles...
Failing Quests...
Party Size...

Edit:
+1

I've never understood why (aside of rough balance issues) would party morale suffer from its size. If anything it should rise with size, I mean, man - "There's many of us! Everyone will fear us!" kind of thinking.

Maybe make it so your party gains morale the bigger it is but to restrict it a bit, don't make it 1:1 as it is now. Perhaps +1 morale every 10 soldiers would be balanced. And undeads wouldn't even care (and so - undeads don't count towards the bonus).

That would make morale obsolete though. Ever soldier you have is -1 morale if I remember correctly. It is the main thing that brings down your morale. If it's changed to what you want, then when you have 100 soldiers (which isn't even that much), you would gain 10 morale instead of losing 100. So all in all, you would have 110 more morale than what you would have with 100 soldiers in the current system, pretty much permanently putting you at max morale.

The current system is fairly balanced as well, with several ways of keeping your morale high. Also, when an army is big, tensions are high for several reasons. For example, in a big army there are more people with differences, and so there are more disputes. And the undead and orcs think that everyone they fight is inferior, so why wouldn't they be upset about recruiting war prisoners who they despise AND don't trust. Unfortunately I don't think that your suggestion would work.

^ True, my bad. How about something like this, then?

In my opinion some of the things that lift morale up could be seen in the mod. Based on other mods:
- Buying ale for your army in taverns (double for dwarves, perhaps?)
- Passive morale gain from just traveling (or resting?) while the player or their companions have Entertain skill trained (no need to "play in town" and it'd make companion bards useful).

And some more in-depth thing:

Perhaps adding some stuff like expanding the choice of "what to do with the prisoners" would be good?

- Release them: Goodies are happy.
- Execute them: Baddies are happy.
- Imprison them: No change.
- Cannibalize then: Baddies are HAPPY, goodies are MAD. (Maybe a possibility for a take-out? :razz: You take the prisoners as an item in inventory (good morale boosting food type) and slowly eat them along your way, but everyday goodies are losing morale). Losing honour.
- Help them out: You are a noble soul and you not only release your prisoners, but you give them some food and water (if possible to code - it should drain 1 unit of random food per helped prisoner. If not - then perhaps it'd take just a random stack of food as a whole). Goodies are in heavens when you do that, baddies are raging. Gain honour.

The above would have both roleplay value and would be a nice addition to help balance your morale.

Kubin said:
In my opinion some of the things that lift morale up could be seen in the mod. Based on other mods:
- Buying ale for your army in taverns (double for dwarves, perhaps?)
- Passive morale gain from just traveling (or resting?) while the player or their companions have Entertain skill trained (no need to "play in town" and it'd make companion bards useful).

And some more in-depth thing:

Perhaps adding some stuff like expanding the choice of "what to do with the prisoners" would be good?

- Release them: Goodies are happy.
- Execute them: Baddies are happy.
- Imprison them: No change.
- Cannibalize then: Baddies are HAPPY, goodies are MAD. (Maybe a possibility for a take-out? :razz: You take the prisoners as an item in inventory (good morale boosting food type) and slowly eat them along your way, but everyday goodies are losing morale). Losing honour.
- Help them out: You are a noble soul and you not only release your prisoners, but you give them some food and water (if possible to code - it should drain 1 unit of random food per helped prisoner. If not - then perhaps it'd take just a random stack of food as a whole). Goodies are in heavens when you do that, baddies are raging. Gain honour.

The above would have both roleplay value and would be a nice addition to help balance your morale.
It should be based in Honor too , bad guys can kill and eat prisioners but good guys can't.
(or it could be like in TLD)

FrijolitoJR said:
It should be based in Honor too , bad guys can kill and eat prisioners but good guys can't.
(or it could be like in TLD)
I somewhat agree, but it depends on perspective.

One may say - "He's good and he can't do it!"

While another would say - "By doing that he's gravitating towards evil."

And I'm in the middle. I do agree that a holy knight who's been always helping people etc. wouldn't canibalize people out of the blue (because why would he?), but on the other hand - it's still a player's choice and if (for any reason) he'd like to lose his honour and become evil, he shouldn't be held back from doing so because if too many "You're good, you can't do it." signs are put on things, the choice of the path will be limited to the very beginning.

Unless there would be several choices during quests, for example. Like - "You've rescued that kid, but if you sacrifice him, you'll get a superhyperdestroyer sword +3000!" in an attempt to simulate a character becoming "corrupt". Or maybe a powerful item that drains your honor every day? (The One Ring in mind - it was very corrupting).

But then again - the more immersion we wish for, the more guspav would have to code so some ideas aren't really "economical" in regards of work-outcome ratio.

Also an idea (unrelated to good vs evil stuff above, hence a separate post):

Would it be possible to make some kind of Megabeasts that would be one-man-army (or more like one-creature :wink:) to roam Calradia? By megabeasts I mean Dragons and some other very powerful entities capable of slaying whole armies by themselves and - what would be very imporant - raid villages (to add both immersion and to force people to actually deal with such beasts instead of avoiding them).

This is just an idea for a basic mechanics (just a non-human, ridiculously strong mob), but if dragons and such would "visit" Calradia, then after some time they could be expanded so they have a Lair they periodically return to, storing all kinds of treasures and possibly offspring that would defend it and maaaybe over the in-game months grow up and become (much weaker at first) separate megabeasts.

Kubin said:
Also an idea (unrelated to good vs evil stuff above, hence a separate post):

Would it be possible to make some kind of Megabeasts that would be one-man-army (or more like one-creature :wink:) to roam Calradia? By megabeasts I mean Dragons and some other very powerful entities capable of slaying whole armies by themselves and - what would be very imporant - raid villages (to add both immersion and to force people to actually deal with such beasts instead of avoiding them).

This is just an idea for a basic mechanics (just a non-human, ridiculously strong mob), but if dragons and such would "visit" Calradia, then after some time they could be expanded so they have a Lair they periodically return to, storing all kinds of treasures and possibly offspring that would defend it and maaaybe over the in-game months grow up and become (much weaker at first) separate megabeasts.
guspav said:
aboshady89 said:
I know  its  a dream  is there  will be  any (Dragons)  here ?:smile:
I can't think of a way of making them, so in short: No.

FrijolitoJR said:
guspav said:
aboshady89 said:
I know  its  a dream  is there  will be  any (Dragons)  here ?:smile:
I can't think of a way of making them, so in short: No.
I see. So the usual way for "animal" creatures won't work? I mean - modders usually do it by making an actual NPC, giving it special armor set that makes them invisible, a good weapon (also invisible) and put them on mounts that are visible, so in this case a dragon would be the mount. While making the dragon-mount it would be needed for the rider to be seated near its head and such NPC should be a mage (if possible, equipped with only fireball and flame arrow to simulate "dragon breath").

However I don't know how do the modders make it so when you kill the mount, the invisible rider dies as well :razz:

But yeah - if that wouldn't be possible then well, I can live without the dragons :razz:

I'm sure this would be nigh on impossible, bu one could make a modified actor frame that used the back legs to walk, adjusted a head location to be around the heart, an then modified the arms to be where the head and neck was, then they could skin the dragon around that messed up mesh, but I don't know if altering actors in m&b is even possible so this idea may be useless. It would also probably look totally weird. But it's an idea.

CHIMouttathisplane said:
The invisible rider trick is buggy as ****.

Look at the garbage **** that goes on when you fight zombie dogs in Final Invasion.
I've never played the Final Invasion, but what I had in mind is hunting in some mods. There are deer, wolves, boars etc. all killable without bugs. Most worthwhile example would be Viking Conquest DLC - in there, the boars even attack you as you hunt them - maybe the answer lays in there?

Well, in Final Invasion, eventually the "zombie dogs" get killed, and the invisible rider dismounts and starts attacking you. Since the rider is invisible, the only way to fight the rider is hoping that the rider gets blood splattered on its invisible body.

that's some screwed up shizer right there.

however, it gives me an idea. what if as an end game challenge we stuck those invisible riders on foot as infantry and had em be ghost or some ****? like the immortals only instead of 3 godlike mofos we get 300 trash teir but invisible mofos?

have em work the same way. make them not attack anyone or be attacked, just there as a challenge for a suicidal player.

:twisted: call em the ghost of your fallen enemys or sum such for bonus points  :party:

Would you consider adding this KIT??
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323422.0.html
I would really love it in your mod :grin:
lazeras said:
FEATURES

Start as a vassal of a faction
Start as a King of a faction
Claimants rebel
Factions can suffer from civil war
Political World Map
Change faction Color’s
Royal Children titles eg prince princess
Kings now have children with in the faction
Custom party name
Custom dynamic titles
Change a factions titles to another faction
Custom player faction titles
Apply custom player faction titles to other factions
Defeated factions can return
Custom lord notes
Dynamic King titles dependent on how many centers controlled
Dynamic faction renaming depending on number of centers held
Starting as king gives you siblings
Kings get reputation types
Start as Prince
Limited choices for character creation
Expanded character creation options commented out code
Add dialog to tavern travelers to provide faction of unfound companions
Troop notes now include Kings in relations
Can make use of Caba`drin Merchant's Trade Ledger during creation of characters (Merchant trade ledger not included)
Improved Presentation for setting mod options

Could you change the Elf noises back to default human ones, or give them a new one? I'm not a huge fan of it, but love the mod tho!

How difficult would it be to add the Diplomacy mod to Phantasy?  I love this mod but I feel like it lacks the things that Diplomacy adds.  What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom