Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

The ability to create your own regiment with the recruiter instead of ready made ones. Most important for if you have your own faction.

zedpaolo, it is possible. Just a little trick.
ozxIvUk.jpg
Read the thread about regimental system very attentively.
And this should help you.

I know abut regimental idea written there but It may always be a regiment of infantry with a detached company of cavalry. It think it would work fine (just as it does with artillery). Otherwise you just should pick up a cavalry regiment ( no way to prefer infantry) and lose all those fancy inf models!

Bivan said:
zedpaolo, it is possible. Just a little trick.
ozxIvUk.jpg
Read the thread about regimental system very attentively.
And this should help you.
What do you mean about it is possible? I read it, you mean dibanding a regiment to make a new one? But men in your party would disappear

zedpaolo said:
But men in your party would disappear
That's it. They wouldn't.
I've give you a proof, where my army contains different infatry and cavalry together.
It may be fixed in future (I don't know about developers' ideas and plans), but for now this trick working.

Bivan said:
zedpaolo said:
But men in your party would disappear
That's it. They wouldn't.
I've give you a proof, where my army contains different infatry and cavalry together.
It may be fixed in future (I don't know about developers' ideas and plans), but for now this trick working.

It will not be fixed in the future. It is deliberate and intentional. It is meant to be historical. Officers were either infantry or cavalry. Parties in our mod are not armies they are regiments. When you form your regiment you make the decision then and there whether your regiment is infantry or cavalry. When your marshal assembles all the lords for a campaign then that is your "army." When you, alone, fight another lord then that is regiment vs regiment. I may have to add this to the stickied note about regiments as people seem to be so confused about this and yet it is valid and logical when one considers it.

Do not look here said:
I'm pretty sure his "fixing" referred to being able to disband a regiment and keep the troops you've already recruited.

If that is what he meant then no we have no plans to fix that and if it does change it won't be from design but probably from some other need to jigger the coding that produces that result.

I mean that for now disbanding regiment doesn't affect troops in player's party/garrison. And as I understand, it should affect. And it could be so in future updates, right?
Do not look here said:
I'm pretty sure his "fixing" referred to being able to disband a regiment and keep the troops you've already recruited.
Just the opposite.

Bivan said:
I mean that for now disbanding regiment doesn't affect troops in player's party/garrison. And as I understand, it should affect. And it could be so in future updates, right?
Do not look here said:
Just the opposite.

I doubt we'll go so far. Maybe. However if one wants to get so historical you can always dismiss your troops manually. I sometimes dismiss my regiment after a long time on campaigns and war's conclusions and morale being low. I just sort of pretend that I am returning to being an off-duty officer and gentleman of leisure.  :wink: It's one of those details I don't know that it's so important that we have to address it quickly when there are so many other issues to be addressed that are far more important.

I don't think it's issue. Of course, if someone wants to have one-typed soldiers, he can make it so. And if someone doesn't, he can NOT make it so. As already mentioned, it's not an issue, it's freedom.

Well, its boring just to see european cultures. Most mods forget the east, please add the ottomans to! It will be very interesting.

Kassim said:
Well, its boring just to see european cultures. Most mods forget the east, please add the ottomans to! It will be very interesting.

Hey genius, the Ottomans are in the mod. Try actually playing our mod before commenting on it.

Why you americans hate Russia?! You even don't put it in this mod!!!!1111111repunit
And I have no idea where my screenshots come from. As it was with these screens of ottomans:
Windbusche said:
Following a horrific defeat at the hands of massed Prussian Cavalry, I decided to follow the path of Carolus Rex. TO TURKEY!
xXeKMTi.jpg
W2DKANz.jpg
ZB1FwDi.jpg
ZL90YCi.jpg
OktihWn.jpg
0O1FXNz.jpg
A7rsCgi.jpg
kTWwW5z.jpg
cvFbx07.jpg
eee2cwl.jpg
AoGYpye.jpg
H6c0S1p.jpg