Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I've played the mod and ı want to say it is realyy great work.Yet as a Turkish  :grin: ı have suggestions to Ottomans.(I didnt read the whole commet but ı am sure there is other Turks too :grin:). :!: First of all there is too much camel :!: :grin:.I mean ok we did use camels but not that much especially in the european warfare they usually used for heavy loads so please reduce camel limit Maybe it sound useless yet as Turks we dont like it that much..Secondly heavy cav units usually dont use rifles they usually use spear ,sword,mace etc(normal sipahis use bow and arrow as well(thasts why ı want bow and arrow too ) but kapıkulu sipahis usually melee).And idea of canons is realy great idea but the types of canons diffrent in the ottoman so could you change them
Şahi Canon  http://www.google.com.tr/imgres?um=1&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=674&hl=tr&tbm=isch&tbnid=eGrgUX7xwXwmtM:&imgrefurl=http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%25C5%259Eahi_(silah)&docid=GIAncp4DVTj1yM&imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/Great_Turkish_Bombard_at_Fort_Nelson.JPG/300px-Great_Turkish_Bombard_at_Fort_Nelson.JPG&w=300&h=225&ei=jkC3UbCJKoqHPdabgJAB&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:0,s:0,i:88&iact=rc&dur=324&page=1&tbnh=162&tbnw=212&start=0&ndsp=11&tx=100&ty=90
or at least change the outfits of canoniers.(I have some obsession about historical things like clothes of soldiers)And ı want also new city design for Eastern cities :grin:.I know ı want too much thing but it is only to make your mod perfect :grin:.Sory about my English and have a nice day

I have a suggestion about siege battle of cities. in 18th century there are no walls surround cities to defense enemies. To instead of the siege battle, it could be designed as line battle near the cities. Each regs could be formed into independent battle line, therefore, the battle would be look like real line battle in history.

IIRC there were a large number of siege assaults on fortifications during the Spanish war of Succession. Gibraltar and Badajoz just to name a few. A majority of large cities in Europe had some sort of fortification near the city or built into it. So I say keep the forts, and just fix them so the men can cross the damned pontoon bridge  :mrgreen:

I don't know if anyone said this yet, but France should get hussars and cuirassiers. And France should get a slight advantage on cavalry over other nations as well as Prussia in infantry. I mean the french had the best cavalry in Europe, while the prussians boasted the best infantry of the world.

Count Delran said:
I don't know if anyone said this yet, but France should get hussars and cuirassiers. And France should get a slight advantage on cavalry over other nations as well as Prussia in infantry. I mean the french had the best cavalry in Europe, while the prussians boasted the best infantry of the world.

At some point hussars and cuirrassiers will be added to France.

Prussia did not have the best infantry in Europe in 1702 (mod's start). Prussia is a new kingdom that was just a duchy a few years previous and this is not the era of Frederick the Great that begins in the 1740's so your about 3 to 4 decades too early in your assessment.  :grin: The best infantry in Europe at this time? The case could be made for Sweden although this Great Northern War will shatter that advantage. But I would think most European observers of the period would have, if being objective, pointed to the Swedes and possibly the Dutch  and this war would make the reputation of the redcoat of GB as well.

In terms of Infantry I'd agree with Auldman in saying that Sweden, Great Britain and the Netherlands had some of the best infantry. I'm currently reading up on the campaigns in the Iberian peninsular by the British at the time and even though the British, Dutch and Portuguese were outnumbered by the Bourbon alliance they managed to fight a very skillful campaign, despite conflicts from high command in the British army and Navy, and the lack of discipline in the Portuguese ranks. 

Auldman said:
Count Delran said:

Prussia did not have the best infantry in Europe in 1702 (mod's start). Prussia is a new kingdom that was just a duchy a few years previous and this is not the era of Frederick the Great that begins in the 1740's so your about 3 to 4 decades too early in your assessment.  :grin: The best infantry in Europe at this time? The case could be made for Sweden although this Great Northern War will shatter that advantage. But I would think most European observers of the period would have, if being objective, pointed to the Swedes and possibly the Dutch  and this war would make the reputation of the redcoat of GB as well.

Redcoats? France won this war.
The Prussian army of Frederick II has it's roots in this period, with Frederick I, his grandfather.

Count Delran said:
Auldman said:
Count Delran said:

Redcoats? France won this war.
The Prussian army of Frederick II has it's roots in this period, with Frederick I, his grandfather.

France lost most of the major battles with a few exceptions (like Hochstadt and Denain). Marlborough was brought down by a cunning plot conceived by members of the Tory party who wanted to end the war. Their disgraceful actions led to secret negotiations with France that Austria and the other allies were not privy to. Marlborough was removed, replaced by Ormonde, and Ormonde was ordered not to take action against the French. It was a disgraceful episode in British history but prior to his sacking Marlborough had decidedly smashed the French at every opportunity and if France did win she won the war bankrupt and forced also to acknowledge that the throne of Spain and France would never be held by a single Bourbon ruler. "Winning" in this context is worth what exactly?

I will concede only that a frame for what Frederick the Great would later do was laid down. Prussia's greatness begins in the War of The Austrian Succession and not in this period.

You forget Malplaquet, one of Marlborough's and Eugene's greatest feats. I mean two more like that and you can sa good bye to the British Army. Also in most of the battles, the Allies outnumbered and outgunned the french.

And what is to gain? Two thrones belonging to one dynasty. An alliance that would shake Europe for almost a century.

Count Delran said:
You forget Malplaquet, one of Marlborough's and Eugene's greatest feats. I mean two more like that and you can sa good bye to the British Army. Also in most of the battles, the Allies outnumbered and outgunned the french.

And what is to gain? Two thrones belonging to one dynasty. An alliance that would shake Europe for almost a century.

You're completely missing the point and this will be my last response. Yes there were high casualties at Malplaquet but the fact is that the allies could sustain these and not France and that the allies were in a better economic position than France throughout the war (well GB and Holland were but their economies also sustained the Austrians). France fought the war teetering on bankruptcy and enjoyed enormous debts for years afterwards (in fact France really never balanced the books for the rest of the monarchy's life-empire is costly). I don't think France really "won." Why do I think this? Because the main French war aim was to see Phillip V on the throne of Spain but also to see to it that he could also become the French king. The peace offer Louis XIV finally made to the British and which would later be accepted by all but the Austrians (grudgingly) denied Phillip V the right to ever become French king. The Bourbons also lost ground (temporarily) to the Austrians in Italy. Despite British treachery in negotiating secretly with the French, Britain really got most of what she wanted: She desired that neither France or Austria become too powerful by a unified throne. That was Britain's policy for Europe-to see that none of these empires/kingdoms became so powerful they could interfere with British commercial predominance and despite chicanery it damn well worked.

But nuff said. You're free to form your own conclusions of course but I'll stick with mine as I think the facts are generally supportive.

Also, England got Gibraltar, Menorca and access to the commerce in Spanish America. Not the kind of things you get for losing a war, aren't they?

Good evening. I played in the events and that's what matters to me.
1) It is planned to further settling of Russia, the Baltic States, Finland and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, or whether they will remain at 4-5 cities and a lot of empty space?
2) I would like to know, do you have plans to add a mod for the civilian population of Eastern Europe's traditional clothes - kuntush, zhupan, sheepskin coat
3) Will there be a mod still added winged hussars. For, at the inception of mode she has not outlived its (Example Battle of Vienna in 1683)
4) Will there be added to the individual troops (the Don Cossacks of Russia, Grass-roots Cossacks for the Commonwealth, Crimeans and Nogai for the Ottoman Empire).

And of course a great mod, respect the developers for their work

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but have you thought about adding Freelance as a sub-mod?

This is more of a question and sorry if its been asked, why do you have the Holy Roman Empire as a faction? It was to my understanding the Holy Roman Empire died after the 30 Years War. But I do get how you wouldn't want to make 360 individual countries :razz:

Musket_Mayhem said:
This is more of a question and sorry if its been asked, why do you have the Holy Roman Empire as a faction? It was to my understanding the Holy Roman Empire died after the 30 Years War. But I do get how you wouldn't want to make 360 individual countries :razz:
The Holy Roman Empire is in the mod, and it continued to exist after the 30-years war. It was dissolved in 1806 by Napoleon.

Humlenerd said:
Musket_Mayhem said:
The Holy Roman Empire is in the mod, and it continued to exist after the 30-years war. It was dissolved in 1806 by Napoleon.
Yes i understand that but the Empire itself was now completely split up into 360 autonomous states and the title of Holy Roman Emperor went to the Austrians. It was also to my understanding that Napoleon created the Confederation of the Rhine, giving Germans a sense of nationalism and unity that they didn't chase until the late 1800's and didn't fulfill until 1871.
"The Holy Roman Empire was a fragmented collection of largely independent states."-Wikipedia (Yes, i do trust this sight especially for a small fact like this)

Militarily, the Emperor could, by right of the 1681 constitution, call upon the Reichsarmee after being granted permission by a vote in the Imperial Diet, which would consist of troops from all the "Circles" of the Empire to a sum of around 40,000 men. He didn't do this during the War of Spanish Succession though (they would probably deny him, since the war only concerned Habsburg hegemony and not the immediate safety of the empire). Instead he relied on a smaller private force called the Kaiserliche Armee which could recruit from anywhere in the empire except the territories of the Prince-Electors. Some regiments were from Italy, Bavaria, Swabia etc. and replenished themselves from recruits from all over the empire - though many armies of the period recruited from abroad even without the legal right...

While it's true that making the whole empire one country in the game gives them too much cohesion, it's a matter of practicality. Warband can't - without heavy scripting - simulate the imperial politics well enough to have a dozen or more micro-factions without them being steam-rolled in the first 100 days, and the more countries you add, the more leaders and regiments you have to research.

Back
Top Bottom