Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

hrotha said:
You keep suggesting stuff that has been discussed and ruled out as technically unfeasible several times. :???:

cRPG has many things which seem unfeasible. Weren´t some of their features going to be ported or did I miss something?

Hengwulf said:
Playing a round of goidil today I noticed they don't have a medium armor for like 300 to 700 gold. The step to the 1000 chain is huge. I guess they need some leather or stuffed shirts.
Mmh, there is a leather armor for around 400.

While they do have medium armour, playing as a ceithernach I always find myself not knowing what to spend my money on (the loser bonus, for example). As a Goídel I favour the bearded axe, so if you add the shield, the birín, the medium armour and even the most expensive helmet, you still have like +200 silver to spare. Getting a sword instead throws off the whole budget.

It's similar with the Rus. The padded armour is so expensive you often have nothing to spend your money on but super fancy helmets. In their case, having cheaper padded armour and some cheaper swords would also help with the balance, since they were nerfed a bit too much.

Not to mention that the Rus mail is now pretty expensive for the weight and +4 protection over the padded. It's mail, surely all mail across the board of factions should offer equal amounts of protection?

Would also like to chime in and ask if people feel the blunt weapons need a bit of improving, the current mace can still take a fair few hits on a chap and what with the current Engle budget mail dominance it might be nice to see more people take it up.

Æthelwulf said:
Would also like to chime in and ask if people feel the blunt weapons need a bit of improving, the current mace can still take a fair few hits on a chap and what with the current Engle budget mail dominance it might be nice to see more people take it up.
Aye, maces could use a few extra damage points.

Isn't it inherit in the blunt damage that it ignores quite a lot of armour? I've never felt the maces were too weak to be honest. I totally agree with the de-nerfing of the Rus and the need for coherence in terms of armour and a great many other things that seems off. I've also recently wondered why the Engle mail with leather vest isn't much heavier than the leather vest only, and why it doesn't give more protection than the mail shirt by itself. I've been thinking for a while now of making a list of suggestions for any potential upcoming fixes/rebalancing. I'd suggest people compile their thoughts for the yet to be known decision-makers to take head from.

Usually I find the mace a very helpful tool, and it deals enough damage most of the time. However, yesterday night I hammered away with a mace on Dante Sigbiorn in norman maille, and I dealt 5 or 6 hits (4 of them full hits, the other mere whiffs) without him going down in any way. There I had the feeling that mail is very effective against blunt weapons.  :razz:

Dansk viking said:
I've been thinking for a while now of making a list of suggestions for any potential upcoming fixes/rebalancing. I'd suggest people compile their thoughts for the yet to be known decision-makers to take head from.
Good idea.

Yes. Although I think it would be better if we collected the anomalies in Víkingr regarding pricing, balancing and accessibility rather than a flat out rebalancing across the board. Honestly I think all of the weapons are in a good place stat wise (with some erroneous stats of course) but it's more a matter of accessibility through the pricing. I've even come around to having the block removed from spears and dane-axes, it's fine.  :razz:

In my humble opinion, the maces knockdown is a bonus already. The blackout effect is long enough to get a cheap kill, no reason to make it longer. I can't honestly see how you want to improve that weapon.

Well, that it certainly does. The thing is we're using the lenient version of the script, meaning you might get a clean hit even though it looks otherwise. If we were to use the strict version we might get the opposite, which is not fun for anyone, whiffing all the time.

I whiff all the livelong day anyhow.

Suggestions list could be good, few of us should write up our lists here, chime in together discuss and then create .... THE ULTIMATE LIST!

Leifr Eiríksson said:
See above.
It does not always perform correctly.

I read all the posts above. I have to say then even 1 hand axes don't perform correctly always. Every time I complained about 1 hand axes the answer was: learn to play them. True, I will someday.
Maybe you're talking about collision detection, ok that knowledge is beyond my imagination... but if is just a complain on its effectiveness, I repeat what I wrote in the earlier post.

Dansk viking said:
I wonder how the min-range script affects maces. Perhaps you'd have to hit quite precisely with the head to deal any significant damage?
Rule zum Rabensang said:
That would actually be a good feature (as long as it works the same way for axes).
Dansk viking said:
Well, that it certainly does. The thing is we're using the lenient version of the script, meaning you might get a clean hit even though it looks otherwise. If we were to use the strict version we might get the opposite, which is not fun for anyone, whiffing all the time.

This has sense.

I very rarely whiffed when the strict version of the script was on. This prodably has to do with me being a coward and always keeping as much distance from the opponent as possible to just be in reach :razz:

How about giving 2h axes which cannot block the ability to hit through the opponents blocking with a small chance ?
I think such big weapons deserve more respect.

Back
Top Bottom