Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Uhtred of Bebbanburg said:
Something I think would be really cool is to create your own trade caravans. It would be similar to the patrols you can create with your constable.  You talk to your Chamberlain and ask him to create a caravan.  Using a series of ticker boxes you select the merchandise you want to purchase and sell at the prices you want ie. Buy Iron: below 150, sell Iron above 200.  Then program the cities you want your caravan to travel too and give the caravan enough seed money to make these purchases. Every time the caravan completes a circuit from the starting town to all selected towns and back again, the caravan will deposit its profits into the treasury. 

A status report of purchases sales, and a casualty report will be given and you will have a choice whether to hold the caravan at that town until you can assign new troops or just keep sending it out. 

The cost of the caravan will be the weekly wages of the guards, and 500$ denars for the caravan master.  And you will have to choose how much money you want to give the CM for purchases. 

You can make the caravan as big as you want but it will eat into your profits. Caravans can be attacked by bandits and enemy kingdoms just like any other caravan.

If you decide you want to disband a caravan you will have to empty the inventory and then take all the troops back.

Doing this adds a layer to the game but also frees up the player from the constant buying and selling which often ends up like a merry go round you just can get off.  There's always some merchandise in your inventory you need to sell and by the time you've sold it you've found some deals on other goods that you need to sell somewhere else.

i like that.

hell, just make caravans and let them buy and things and look for a market that will give profit upon the itens bought before.

just put a number of troops to protect the caravam.

(i usually make HUGE patrols...most of them have more than 150 troops)

This mood is already awesome, truly necessary for Mount and Blade and Warband

You can already persuade your King to declare war but should Also be able to ask him to declare peace
by asking him and he excepts you just need to persuade the enemy´s king, you to yo your ( the staff guy that andels your relation afares or something) and ask him help to do this. now you can for ex: pay him money (if your kingdom is the one suffering them you must pay a lot) send gift( the more expensive the better probability like wine or velvet or maybe expensive armor) or release the Kings vessels ( must be more that 3 or 4, the more the better... but if not at war against´s other faction than probably useless)

this is all I got but it´s good ham :eek:

once more awesome mood!!

sorry for my Inglis I suck at writing

Maybe u can add abilitie, when we can kill enemy lord / king?
I think it should look like:
When we win battle with enemy, and have option: release or grab him ---> here can be this option: kill him.
This option we should can use when we grab him and talk for example. in camp, prison.
Second sugestion is changable color of our fraction. We can choose flag, but we can choose color of the lyrics.
Please consider this sugestion.
Sincerely,
Karol :smile:

i have a few ideas

1. caravans can switch sides like lords.
it will say:"a caravan from XXXX canceled his contract and signed to XXXX"

2.make managing towns more intresting.

2.1. when you you press  manage the town your having more options but improvements(I've go nothing...ideas?)

2.2.and also more improvements
2.2.1.upgrade marketplace:more caravans coming in,more quantity of any goods that already exist,more money for all merchants,can be done more than once
2.2.2.warehoses:double the food stocks
2.2.3.theatre:like school but for towns(+1 per month)
2.2.3.1.big theatre:like theatre but better(+2 per month)*
2.2.3.2.great theatre:even better!(+1 per week)*
2.2.3.3.epic theatre:E-P-I-C(+2 per week)*
2.2.4.reservations office:you can order certain item(weapon,shield,armor,horse) that is not  in your marketplace
the price will be:item price*1.5+500.for example:item worth 600 deners will cost 1400(600*1.5=900+500=1400)
2.2.5.Blacksmith peasants have actual weapons(same skills)  and 150% chance of upgraded recruits

3.decide which color your kingdom will be,i really don't want red,i hate this color!

*can be bought at this level or upgraded from lower level,the second option is cheaper but takes much more time

I'd like to suggest implementing a version of diplomacy combined with Blood and Steel since i think the enhanced combat of blood and steel would complement diplomacy very well. Or at least implement some things like the better combat and the classes. Some features from it would counter it such as the auto-garrison and auto-patrol but the combat is much better in blood and steel and if anything should be implemented i think you should change the viewing battle after death camera to the Blood and Steel one since that one actually allows you to retreat when you die rather than the very annoying and unresolved "Cant retreat with soldiers nearby" bug.

Suggestion

Replace the current Rhodok Highlander clothing with http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145074.0.html

I d like to suggest the possibility to "support" a claimnant by giving him enought money to buy an army (literaly), a companion lord, possibly a castle,...
This way the claimnant could start a rebellion and weaken one's kingdom might without the player being actively a part of it.

I have a few suggestions my self...but first i just wanna tell you the mod it self is excellent, but it can always be better and that is where all of us come in :grin: (just kidding..not  :razz:).

1.It would be nice to have an option to loan a money from someone when you are broke and need a couple hundred golden coins to build up an army.

2.When you fight in a war for your faction and you fought and won against some lords the king could reword you with some extra coins for fighting the good fight.

3.Maybe you could give the prisoner lord to a king to improve your standings with him

4.An option to tell the allied lord to build up his army would be nice to, it to irritating to start the war and your factions to be the aggressors having all together number of units like the rhodoks king him self.

5.Maybe even a possibility to trade the captives for some captives of your faction or lord for captives...

6.When you come to the village whit who you have good relations like 15+or 20 + some times in the time of war they can offer a little something for you and your troops (food) for fighting a good fight and keep them safe. Or maybe a discount...(from the village elder screen)

7.Force recruitment from villages would be nice too in the times of war...especially if the villagers do not like you wary much(form the hostile actions screen)

8.An option to  ask for  some troops for your army from king or lets say affiliated lord would be ok for me too.

9.Option from the king screen to ask king to give you the supreme command.Something like "I would like a chance to prove my self"...

10.And if possible to give for every 1 leadership + 10 not + 5 units to lead or for every 50 -100 renown 20-30 units to lead.
I now have 713 renown points and i can only lead 115 people...i can`t capture nothing by myself and i can`t force my alias to do this with me.And the ones who wishes to follow me they always have to little troops with them and i do not have an option to suggest them to build up troops and then follow me.

11. If you won a lot of battles and capture some lord this should bust your relationship  with the king +5 let say not 0 or maybe +1. The king should love the winers and keep them close to him self.
Maybe even give them some authorizations. The best thing is that he gives the towns and castles to the lords of 400 renown and not me... :sad:

12. If I am the man with the higher renown i should be the one to lead the army not the other way around. Because i proved my worth trough war and many battles.

13.An option to tell the peasants in your fief to grow something that you can sell or produce (olives, grain, dried meat , dried fish)

14.Option to recruit villagers even from looted villages. Fathers of killed sons, sons of the killed father , mothers of killed sons and husbands. The villagers are left without anything but they are now man that have nothing to loose anymore so they may join you for free if you are the allied commander.

15.An Option to suggest "our army is sieging the X castle you should go and help"

Ok this are my toughs about this.Am not a moder and do not know what and how this can be implemented or can it be.
Ok some feed back on all this is appreciated.
Only to know whether to hope or not :wink:

1) able to appoint chamberlain/constable/chancellor even without a minister or a wife - which is freaking hard to get as female character :smile: e.g. an option to the town/castle/village menu
2) appoint "maid" to do the feast stuff wives can do (particularly important for a female character, who can't have a wife)

The biggest disadvantage of this game is that you don't have anything to do when your faction is not at war. If you could import some quests from different mods, and make possible for player to take them even he is already vassal of kingdom. becouse many of quests are locked when player become vassal. or when you become king other generic free lords should come to you to ask about quest or more interesting way to manage kingdom, town or castle.

I'm saying this to signify where this mod should go in future development.

sorry about english

orome said:
The biggest disadvantage of this game is that you don't have anything to do when your faction is not at war. If you could import some quests from different mods, and make possible for player to take them even he is already vassal of kingdom. becouse many of quests are locked when player become vassal. or when you become king other generic free lords should come to you to ask about quest or more interesting way to manage kingdom, town or castle.

I'm saying this to signify where this mod should go in future development.

sorry about english

I like the idea of more quest content.  If you know of any mods that have quests that you think would be good additions, please mention them.

I remember already stating this idea in the suggestions page for diplo but since zParsifal is making such awesome contributions to this mod, I wanna restate it, along with abit more details. Also, I know nuts about modding so feel free to tell me straight out if you feel my suggestion is impossible to make in the free time you set aside for improving this superb mod.(Also i stated that suggestion long long ago anyways)

A periodic gathering hosted by the King to discuss the state of the realm like once every month or something.

It won't be a feast to boost relations. It'd be a discussion.

The King will ask a series of questions regarding each part of the state of the kingdom. ( Economy, Policies, Treaties, War, Misc. )

Each of the Lords will base their views on their Lord type and other associated circumstances that may affect their judgement.

They will then vote on an appropriate response.

Lords with low relations with their liege might be absent from these meetings and if they miss enough of these meetings, the Player or another Vassal might point out their absences and a consensus will be taken regarding what to do with the absent Lord.

E.g. The King will start off with stating the current economic situation and comes across a very poor village that is constantly looted due to negligence. The Lords will then vote on whether the owner should retain ownership of the fief or if they can alleviate the problem by dispatching patrols of their own near that area.

Then the King proceeds to Policies where most of the Lords agree that the kingdom is too decentralized and the king should make it a little more centralize to keep things more efficient.

Moving on to treaties where the King addresses their current trade agreement with another Nation. It is pointed out that recent border disputes might lead to a souring of the deal and as such a vote was made regarding whether or not they should appease the other nation, or wait for the other nation to make the first move or if they should cancel the treaty afterall.

Followed by miscellaneous where the King will address the most pressing rivalries or Lord absences.

Well you get the idea. But for the 3 main topics (economy, policy, treaty) only 2 matters in each topics should be broached or players might find each meeting a little too tedious. Misc. topic should contain 4 matters that the king can approach and the other remaining matters from all the topics will be left for the next meeting.

Also, Kings can have the freedom in making their decision. The votes are to allow the King knowledge on how each topic is viewed by the Lords.

As such, Players can make the decision against the majority vote if he/she decides his/her course of action is more beneficial.

When a kingdom does well, the Liege will gain periodic relationship boosts with their vassals depending on how they view as "doing well".

zParsifal said:
What sorts of things do you think should determine whether a lord supports a trade treaty with a kingdom, or supports a specific change in kingdom policy?

For trade, the Kingdom's economy, economy of other Kingdoms, past history, relations with other lords of that kingdom, and relations with the King.

E.g. Count Klargus of the Swadians has a pretty good relations with Jarl Kardun of the Nords. During the meeting, Klargus might point out that the Nords are economically superior with goods that Swadian towns and villages might need. On the Nords side, Kardun might also point out to his liege that Swadians are a feasible trade partner. As such, both Kings decide to ask for a trade treaty and it automatically succeeds since both Kings agree to have it.

For Kingdom policy, it will depend on the state of the Kingdom coupled with the character of the individual vassals.

A upstanding vassal might view having mostly serfs as a bad idea and if that vassal has a high renown, he will point it out during the meeting. His family and good friends will be more inclined to support him if they share the same views. Should they have different characters, there will be a check between how important their views are compared to how important that lord is to him.

When it comes to mentioning of matters, urgent matters can be brought forth by the other vassals or the player if and only if the lord in question has a high renown in comparison to other lords.

Absent lords get 0 votes and votes may weigh differently to the King depending on his trust for the lord (controversy, honor, renown, achievements) and the lord's relations.

I was thinking that maybe you guys could add a option to send out companions as war parties to either help you conquer, or help you bringing in denars and items.

BTW im sorry about my bad english... Hope you understand my idea.

Back
Top Bottom