Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Have read through all 37 pages :smile:

I'm playing M&B from 0.97 and like this mod -- it adds scent of life and interaction to mainly hack'n'slash plot of Native.
Few suggestions:
1. Add quest dialogue to a maiden Lady to rescue her father from prison. Only wife can give this quest now not daughter.
It looks logically that daughter will ask about this too. Plus it will add more interaction with maiden Ladies and a chance to improve relations except poetry and visits.
Of course after success your get only relation and XP, not money as with other relatives.

2. Add possibility to devote tournament win to "your" Lady not only the ones presented in the city at the moment.
Historically tournament wins were mostly devoted to the same lady of the knight regardless of her presence on the tournament.
After tournament win add new dialogue with the list of all ladies in your "courtesy list" and known married ladies.
And also option to manually devote this to lady in the city at the moment (as currently is).
2.1. Why is it impossible to devote win to a lady after you've married? It's illogically and unhistorically. Add this feature to married status also. But if you devote win to another lady not wife, you get a relation penalty with her.

3. As already mentioned in previous pages -- add "places" for lords in the castle hall! It's really annoying now when you can't speak with lord or even complete the quest because too many lords are present in the city at the moment.
I have to wait until some lords leave the city to vacate "places" to other lords in the hall.
Now I have successful quest of rescuing lord that was given by his wife, Nords currently have only one city and all lords are there almost permanently, I have no chance to see this lady and complete the quest because there is no room for her in the hall. Also I cannot get new rescue quest before completion of the current.

Futher I think that I'll never complete this quest because if I capture the city and go to the hall to speak with ladies that are leaving the castle, there is no chance to speak with her about the quest she gave. I believe this is an oversight from developers and this issue should be corrected if it is possible.

Now that you can build factories and pretty much produce everything yourself, how about adding a 'horse factory'. A place where you can breed your own horses. You could choose which type of horse to breed, e.g. War Horses, Sarranid Horses, Steppe Horses etc., and then some kind of modifier would add a prefix of some type so you could get lucky and get a Heavy horse or something like that. Maybe the modifier could be decided by the quality of your stables, i.e. how much money you put into the venture. I'd love to be able to go down to my castle stables and speak to the stable master and demand the best horse in the stables =)

I guess that would depend on how many horses you go through =)

It could just work the same as any other business: Either you let them sell the stock, or you store it so you can distribute it yourself.

Another small suggestion regarding new recruiting system for villages.
Is it possible to add some sort of scrolling bar how many recruits I want to get?
For now I can only get all or nothing.
On early stages, when you have to keep your army small but already have good relations with faction/village, it is proposed 20-30 recruits when you need only few just to compensate losses.
Recruiting of 30 and then immediately dismissing 25 of them -- just to throw out 250 dinars on every recruitment, that is quite large sum for early stages of the game.

Re capture prisoners of your faction from enemy castles, make a scene where you break in and kil some gaurds and reclaim some prisoners of theirs so gain your army morale and size.
Also i dont think any mod has done this but maybe instead of capturing a twn or castle you should be able to build one once you have enough rtr or gold or something of that sort. building a castle or even a town in specific spots would be pretty awesome for any mod to have. however you cant have it where you can build as many as you want it should take a long time or maybe maximum 1 so that it doesnt get spammed.

The ability to make roads would be epic. IE, talk to chamberlain, "I would like to build a road from x to y" The road would speed up transport speed.

1. lords being able to revolt creating a maximum of 3 rebel factions (that inherit the name of the castle or city: Haringoth principality, Yalen principality...)
2. ability of having children (2 months pregnancy, 2 years until 16 years old) after that a new character (that the player names and edits it's face and sex) appears at the capital or in the party as a companion and levels up and you can make him own lands
3. after the kid is grown up, the parent can die and he will inherit all the stuff
4. ability for companions to retire after 6 years of service
5. other companions appear after 5 years and 10 years

children would be cool, also companions bringing family from over seas and hosting feasts for you to meet them, and maybe marry if you arent at the time.

Sorry if these suggestions have already been mentioned....

1. The ability to build a palisade or something around a village, this would double the amount of time a raid took.

2. The ability to build dockyards in certain city to allow prosperity to increase.

3. The ability to tax trade, the higher you taxed the less traders you'd get etc etc, but it would be good for a quick buck.

4. In the camp menu you should be able to build 'watchtowers' these would take time to build and would cost money. After being build they would spot things in a certain radius, they could be destroyed by enemy lords.

5. The ability to 'arm every able man' in a desperate spot. This could only happen if you were under siege, farmers would spawn. The more prosperous the town the more men spawn, and some watchmen would spawn too in very prosperous towns.

6. More options to coax lords to your kingdom, including offering money, titles (like lord marshal) or maybe special quests such as capturing a lord they have quarreled with and bringing them to him.

7. Unhappy lords or lords who have been kicked out of their kingdom can rebel and found their own kingdom, it's name would always be based off the name of their main settlement such as 'The kingdom of [such and such] castle'

8. The posibility to support a claimant as a foreign power, without swearing yourself to them, so that when the new kingdom is made they are simply very friendly with you, but you are not in the same faction.

8. The posibility to support a claimant as a foreign power, without swearing yourself to them, so that when the new kingdom is made they are simply very friendly with you, but you are not in the same faction.

very nice idea!!!

I find that there is a fairly significant drawback to obtaining a Chamberlain.  Once you do, you do not receive money in the field anymore.  This is a problem is you are operating a significant distance from your castle, village or town.  You may have 90,000 denars in your account, but say you are across the country and have only 5 denars, then you are S.O.L unless you trek all the way back home and manually retrieve more denars.  However, pre-chamberlain, you are able to pay for whatever is needed on the fly.  I see this as a pretty serious disadvantage.

Perhaps there could be a way to have all or a percentage of your denars couriored out to your location. (such as when your ransomed companions find you in the field).

Back
Top Bottom