Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Sef OK b said:
I was playing Diplomacy today and Count Plais looted my village and i have 22 relation with him and he is my Brother in law lol, i was wandering if you could make him not loot my villages since we are good friends. After he looted my village i wanted revenge on one of his villages  :twisted: and you should put the villages of the vassal after there name. eg. Count Plais Of Baron of Azghad or something like this. It would make it easier for me to know what village he owns so i can quickly pay him back for his attrocities.

I think I can answer this one...
As far as I know, 22 relation is not that "great", you're not considered as Friends yet, that becomes over 35 or more...
Plus, check Plais personality, I THINK that he is one Lord which personality changes each game, so, if he's good-natured, upstanding or Martial, then I agree with you that shouldn't motivate him to raid your village, BUT, if he is one of the "evil" personality, doesn't matter how much relation you have with him, he WILL raid your village...
I learnt that with that ass Boyar Belgaru, had 50 relation with him and he still raided my villages, when I asked about his personality, he was Pitiless/Sadistic, so I had to beat his ass out of Yaragar more than few times!!!

My sugestion are:
free/vasal/ruler
1.have an option to patrol the city/vilage, it take a few hour to finish it. Resul: order/ safety and relation with city/vilage increase.
High order also increase prosperity and hardly invested by bandit.
Low order lower prosperity, when patroling in low order city a few thing migh hapen:
  - fighting with smal number of bandit.
  - finding poor people who beging for some money or food.
2.Donating money to city/vilage(increase relation with city/vilage.
3. Quest Teaching math to vilager (take a few hour).
4. Quest feeding cattle.
(take few hour)
5. Quest harvesting(take few hour)
it migh be not deplomasy things... But I realy like this kind of quest.

Primarily, i love the new options it provides us with the mod but I have some suggestions to give more complete and realistic relations not only among the nobles but also their families and domains.

WIFE AND HUSBAND
-After marrying a character would be possible to do more quests to improve the relationship between the two?
Deliver gifts requested by the wife / husband, items or hunted animals

-Possibility of having a child with her ​​partner

-In the case of a couple warrior to wife / husband may request that dominate in a feud as proof of his love, this mission should have a huge limit of time and greatly increase the value of relationship

-A husband / wife kind/pleasing may request that their current release prisoners, was not as impossible a king do wrong because of bad advice their wives.

-the wife / husband can expose the desire to become priests / druids to follow the army of your wife / husband and boost morale, then you can add when you visit a tent camp where you can find your wife/husband?

-The wife / husband can increase the speed that the reputation of your husband / wife is improving in the city where the court

- his wife can go out in a caravan with a small group of soldiers on its territory by high level to improve the reputation of the player with the villagers visited, the visit is limited to one or two areas and then back to the court. The NPC must submit an application by the player to begin the journey.

-Your wife / husband may feel offended by a village on a trip and ask hostile measures, stealing cattle, burning fields, punishing a peasant / guild master, not always the relations of lords and their peasants were friendly, you may lose connection with the village and its owner but increase with your wife / husband.
- this peasant can be one unit like the outlaws that you send us punishing.

STANDARD-BEARER
-creation of a unit called "STANDARD-BEARER", can only hire one at a time and only armor and banners can be equipped.

What suggestions can be added really and which already exist? congratulations for the great work with the mod :wink:

PS: SOrry my bad english, im br.

HueKutter said:
Hello, I've got a few suggestions:

The ability to award fiefs to your wife.
Change your wife's gear.
The ability to divorce from your wife.

And also:

The ability to create multiple custom titles, and award them to lords as you wish. E.g "Duke Irya" and "Grand Duke Turya".

I REALLY like these ideas and would love to see them integrated into later versions of diplomacy.

Also, would love to see someone port the diplomacy+PBOD to f&s

Fable said:
Primarily, i love the new options it provides us with the mod but I have some suggestions to give more complete and realistic relations not only among the nobles but also their families and domains.

WIFE AND HUSBAND
-After marrying a character would be possible to do more quests to improve the relationship between the two?

-In the case of a couple warrior to wife / husband may request that dominate in a feud as proof of his love, this mission should have a huge limit of time and greatly increase the value of relationship

-A husband / wife kind/pleasing may request that their current release prisoners, was not as impossible a king do wrong because of bad advice their wives.

-the wife / husband can expose the desire to become priests / druids to follow the army of your wife / husband and boost morale, then you can add when you visit a tent camp where you can find your wife/husband?

-The wife / husband can increase the speed that the reputation of your husband / wife is improving in the city where the court

- his wife can go out in a caravan with a small group of soldiers on its territory by high level to improve the reputation of the player with the villagers visited, the visit is limited to one or two areas and then back to the court. The NPC must submit an application by the player to begin the journey.

-Your wife / husband may feel offended by a village on a trip and ask hostile measures, stealing cattle, burning fields, punishing a peasant / guild master, not always the relations of lords and their peasants were friendly, you may lose connection with the village and its owner but increase with your wife / husband.

STANDARD-BEARER
-creation of a unit called "STANDARD-BEARER", can only hire one at a time and only armor and banners can be equipped.

What suggestions can be added really and which already exist? congratulations for the great work with the mod :wink:

the moderatos dont answer??

I'm uncertain why the menu option reads "economic and behavioral", but what this toggle addresses is as listed here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116424.msg4824472.html#msg4824472

I'm not sure how you'd split these changes into a 3rd option. Where would you separate them as economic vs behavioral?

Suggestion to reduce mouse button & player wrist damaged and especially getting rid of boring repetitive mouse clicking during feasts.

Have a dialogue with your minister such as "I wish to address my lords" and automatically give relationship point increased with all lords currently present in the hall, and also automatically gather intelligence of lords voting tendency toward a current unassigned fief.

This will save minimum 3 mouse button clicks per lord, average attendance of 12 lords per sessions -> 36 clicks, an average of 30 lords per kingdom ->100 plus clicks per feast day, average 15 days of feast -> 1500 mouse button clicks. For a feast with 50 lords kingdom, this will save minimum 180 clicks per feast day, almost 3000 mouse button clicks for 15 days of feast and that's an awesome amounts of mouse button clicking during 15 minutes to 1/2 hours of real playing time.

WIFE AND HUSBAND

STANDARD-BEARER

Easy suggestion if anyone is still actually working on it:
You can already talk to members of your party. I should be able to send them as messengers to other people, just like
the chancellor can send messengers.

RocMat1 said:
Easy suggestion if anyone is still actually working on it:
You can already talk to members of your party. I should be able to send them as messengers to other people, just like
the chancellor can send messengers.

Do you mean as emissaries? In this case it shouldn't be difficult to do, I think I'll look into it :wink:

Ok, I've done it: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=231247.msg5533074#msg5533074

I've implemented two things that have been asked here: talking to companions for diplomacy and spying and a dummy wife quest to start (it's relatively easy to extend, now).

Test is widely appreciated (I provide a ready-to-use download, in case you don't want to build the module yourself).

This thread is the joy of any modder, please keep suggesting and try to make it as schematic and precise as possible :smile:

I don't know if anyone has suggested this, and I'm frankly surprised if no one has: The ability to customize your army as King, how you want it see fit. I'm talking about what kind of armors/clothes and weapons your soldiers will be using, and also if possible (and not too hard), what tiers the soldiers will belong to.

I think it's pretty complicated to do, I've seen some custom troops implemented in a mod but they choose before the kind of troops, and to modify them you had to close the game and use some tools. It's just like adding another "culture", the player kingdom's culture, with its own troop tree that can be modified off game.

To do it in game...I don't know.

EDIT: actually, it seems that some kind of in-game modification can be done. The custom troop tree has been put into this compilation, but I think it's open source: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=126993.0

You can modify the equipment by talking to them, but for other changes you need to modify the files.

Ah, see my idea was that you would, say, talk to your chancellor (or whatever his name was) about changing a soldier type's armor, weapons or name. It would then come up a list of the soldier types (Archer or Infantry etc), you choose for example ''Nord Huscarl'' then his inventory comes up and you can change his armor or weapons or name, and the whole soldier type (Nord Huscarl) will change to what you did.

Hi guys,
really great work you did on your mod. It really increases the feeling of the game.
I had two little questions in anotherr thread for the "A Game of Thrones" mod. Here's the quote:

In Warband it happens very often that a regained castle is not given back to his former owner by the king. It just would be kinda strange to see Roose Bolton suddenly rule Barrowtown just because the Iron Man managed to hold it for a few days. You see my point?

How independent are Lords? Do they have any power to structure their own fief? Can they decide which estate goes to whom of their vassals or are the vassals just wartime support?

Now my question for you. Is it possible to implement these two features?
If it is, how difficult would it be to script that? (Can I learn it?)
Would you add that to your mod by chance? (Do I have to learn it?)

Thanks for your time.

As a preamble, as far as I now the development of this mod has ended, mostly. It's still possible though that the two develpers will start working on it again, as I hope :smile:

Your questions touch a very important point (for me). The nobility-possession-vassallage thing in M&B (and every mod I've seen so far) is very very limited.

I'm trying to change that. So far, there are a few scripted things, like the "original home" of some of the lords (Haringoth castle, for example). They can be seen in the module_scripts.py file, in the script "game_start".

The effect of this thing is not very high, but if I remember well you cannot use the "exchange fief" option with these lords with a "home", and there should be a penalty when you ask them to join your kingdom if you own or have assigned to other lords their "homes".

I would like to implement an hereditary system and a more realistic vassallage. In the middle age "lord" and "vassal" where realative terms, not absolute: you are a lord of something, and if somebody swear an oath of homage to you, he becomes your vassal. Doesn't matter if you are the lord of the stables and your vassals have just to clean horses' waste :smile:

In the system I'm implementing, dukes are vassals of the king and own towns (one and only one), counts are vassals of the dukes and own castles (only one too), barons are vassals of the counts and own villages (from 1 to 3). They have to pay a little part of their taxes to the "upper-level" lord, and are normally bound to him (if a lord decides to follow the marshall, all his vassals and vassals of vassals will do the same unless they plan to betray him or the relation with him is very bad).

Knights, instead, are also of noble birth but are landless: they can become vassals of barons, counts, dukes or directly of the king, with increasing difficulty to be accepted and different duties (can be to manage their lord's fiefs, to protect them while they are at war, to follow them, to send messages for them (not like the stupid quest, but with a meaning, to have back a conquered fief for a great sum or to end a war). They get renown and sometimes some money, but do not have an income: being a knight was a difficult job.

I'm using the svn version of diplomacy, whouse sources you can browse here: http://www.assembla.com/code/diplomacy/subversion/nodes/trunk/src?rev=85

Sadly, nobody can follow you through the sources and explain how things work, but there are plenty of topics in the "Forge" subforum on how to change things and understand what's going on.

If you find that you have the will to spend some good hours playing around the sources, you'll eventually, in a few days, start to modify things and try them loading the game...and it's amazing, I can tell you :grin:

If you decide to do this and have some precise questions that are not clearly answered in the topics in the "Forge", you can PM me and I'll be happy to reply.

Diplomacy is one of my favorite Warband mods. I like its features and how the game has been played there. Only problem - this mod uses the same amount (scarce!) of items as Native and some of them are - to be honest - even plain.
As far as I am understanding, if someone is editing the mod for his own single-player non-commercial purposes it is not a problem. Right?
So, I wish to ask - what else except item_kinds1.txt and module.ini I have to edit  - of course, adding neccessary textures in Textures folder and .brf files in Resources folder - to add new items to this mod?
Whatever I do, the number items is frozen at 602.
Can anybody explain what should I do?

A few lords vs. villages suggestions here. Because I like to protect civilians and I feel bad whenever I see one of my lords who are supposed to be morally upright attacking innocent farmers and razing their villages. A lot of this stuff sounds pretty complicated, but I think it'll be quite interesting to see in the game eventually.

I would like to see the ability to reprimand other lords on their actions (as they talk about reprimanding each other sometimes).

For example, you're an honorable ruler or just another vassal who likes to protect the innocent, and you see a lord razing a town, you can tell him you disapprove of his actions without necessarily fighting him for it. It leads to increased honor and lowered relation with that lord, and a chance that he stops what he's doing based on a calculation including if you're of superior political standing (king, marshal or have more lands/influence) and whether he respects you enough (relation). If he really dislikes you when you reprimand him:

a) If you're the king, he may defect to another faction if his relation with you is too low (maybe -20?).

b) If you're a marshall or of higher political ranking, he'll tell you to take it up with the king and you can't talk about it anymore (for a week or a few days maybe). The king may or may not side with you on this, depending on his personality and kingdom policy. If he sides against the other lord, he loses relation with the king and you.

c) If you're an equal or of lesser standing, a temporary vassal or mercenary, he may take offense and challenge you to a duel. If you refuse or lose, you lose renown (and honor depending on what you were reprimanding him for). If you win, he stops whatever he was doing and gain a little renown (and lose even more relation with that lord).

d) If you're from a different faction, he may take offense especially if he doesn't know you, and may attack your army (!), if it would at least be an even match based on the army strengths. This may cause your two factions to go to war. If you're a low-ranking vassal (or a temporary/mercenary, or the King doesn't like you much), you may be ejected from the faction or even declared an enemy of the faction for trying to start a war without the King's approval. At this point, the two factions won't go to war.

For players who play the more evil route, telling an upstanding lord to raze a village or harass farmers on their way to town will cause them to like you less as well, while the ruthless and cunning lords will like you more. You lose honor every time you order or suggest it.

Not sure if this next one is possible or not, but in the same light, you should be able to tell your constable and/or chamberlain about these policies. The constable for patrols (to tell them to ignore enemy faction caravans and farmers), the chamberlain to tell all the lords in your kingdom about how your policies on attacking villages, farmer groups and trade caravans. The lords in your kingdom may still choose to ignore your policies based on their personality and how much they respect you (your relation with them).

Lastly, you might be able to help rebuild a razed village. It won't bring them back to prosperity but after building the village will be operational again, and you gain a little relation with the village and some honor.

Diplomacy is the Best Warband Mod, IMHO.  :grin:

However, it is missing one thing.... a custom Troop Tree for the Player's Faction. Your own troops, recruitable only by you when you make your own Kingdom.

That's my suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom