Suggestions and ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Slawomir, are you sure it's impossible to evade that? In Native, on sieges with death limit for defenders, if you died certain times as a defender, you couldn't respawn even after relogging

It can be done, but some sort of server logging system has to be written. In Native that death count was saved in player slot, just like I did in 0.4 (there was 2 respawn limit), so I'm pretty sure it got reseted after player rejoining.

Can you reduce the amount of smoke please, or make an option to choose the amount of it so people won't have to remove it because of lagg? When there is 30+ people on a server it's nearly impossible to play with particle systems turned on.

Aye, on friday's event I've noticed that it kills my PC too. It shouldn't, because I reduced amount of smoke comparing to 0.4. However, I probably made a little synch mistake on server-client - particles were called on clients and also on server, so I guess they were called two times if player was near the effect. I've changed the system a little and will see how it will work.

I'm also working on customizable Mod Options. A lot is done, but I need to code a system that will save the picked options, so that player will not have to set them each time he launches the game. If I'll have it ready, I'll also add an option to turn down or lower by half the amount of smoke particles for muskets, pistols, grenades and cannons.

edit: Speaking of Invasion respawn... we talked about this a lot on our polish forums. Many players write, that waitning time is too long. However, I think that allowing players to respawn more often will actually kill the Invasion game type. It's all about surviving as many bot waves as you can, not about charging the enemy to get some frags, die, respawn, charge again... Players are supposed to **** bricks when new enemy wave comes. They're supposed to work in team, not charge like an idiot and get killed quickly. I think the 4 round respawn is fine and shouldn't be changed.

Slawomir, are you sure it's impossible to evade that? In Native, on sieges with death limit for defenders, if you died certain times as a defender, you couldn't respawn even after relogging

I really don't think this is a big deal. Since almost every time I have to wait 3 turns before respawning when I relog.(usually because of a crash)

F.F.C._fritz said:
When I connect to invasion mode, I have to wait three (THREE!) rounds to play, like if I were dead, which is quite annoying.
Is it possible to do something about that?

maybe, if the host chooses the number of turns, like, one turn respawn, or 2 turns respawn, or default (3 turns respawn)

Walk shooting, but make it very inaccurate as I don't like jumping ninjas who fire in the air so its good you cannot jump around and fire or slash with a sword.
Other than that I think this mod is great and you cannot get better. (Apart from some campers on invasion but that's fine)

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Metalfist said:
Walk shooting.

We all are sick of that Counter Strike stuff so it'll never be back again. :wink:

I have seen these commentents in a few threds mentioning this counter stike stuff that I am really curius what all the fuzz is about

Please enlighten me  :grin:

What are you talking about? The system of switching front ranks with the musketeers required musketeers to be able to slowly move while roloading. Ingame its just rediculous you can't move slightly away from a window or something.

Aiming your musket while walking. Depends really, if its the true musket which uses a firing stick its not accurate. However a smaller one like currently in the mod its definately possible, however accuracy would really suffer.

So yeah its realistic, just not your personal preference. Big difference.

KuroiNekouPL said:
Phalanx300 said:
Being able to walk (not run) while reloading.
AND aiming your musket. Not really realistic and definitely not wanted.

To be honest I think you are all over reacting, I myself see the need of being able to atleast move slighty while shooting through a window or a hole in the floor as a few maps have. With out being able to move atleast slightly, slower then when moving up stairs then what is the reason of having holes to shoot through in the floor. The enemy isn't conveniantly going to park themselfes beneath. And I can't see how that would be "counter Striky".

So to sum it up Only reload when standing couldn't agree more  :grin:
But to being able to move slowly while aiming a musket is needed to make maps work 100%

That's my opinion  :grin: :grin:

First move away, then reload. It's what I always do, it's a secret tactic but it works wonders :mrgreen: Although I wouldn't see the harm in being able to walk VERY slowly.

Exactly: Walking isn't Running. Imagine you are in front of a window while reloading, someone appears and takes aim. You move away but suddenly all you did to reload is magically redone, or you slowly walk away going into cover again with your actions still there.

i made on a thread on this before i say the suggestions page my bad:

i was wondering if it is technically possible to give arrows an accuracy stat. Such as better crafted arrows (spine weight matching the bow's poundage, very straight shafted, straight grained, etc etc etc.) would have a slight increase to your accuracy with a bow.

Also about arrow balancing. I think that arrows should come in greater quantities for cheaper arrows For an example, cheap polish arrows come in bundles of 18, they should be 23  while better quality arrows come in less quantity, at least more than higher quality arrows... why do cheap polish arrows come in less quantity than more expensive arrows anyhow.

I ALMOST always find myself using the higher end arrows just for damage output even though i think tatar arrows (cheapest version) and cheap polish arrows look cool. what i am trying to say is make lower tier arrows have a benefit BESIDES pricing.. since they are barely ever used due to buttloads of cash. :mrgreen:

ps: thanks for making the polish bow viable (for me at least) again. it was way too slow compared to the crimean tatar bow in 0.5 it was not work taking a half speed bow for a little more accuracy and dmg.

The elite troops such as Cuirassier, Polish Hussar, Armoured Companion don't have a limit. Being the elite troops, I think they should.

Another surprising thing is that they are all very underplayed. I think making a limit to only a few, like with the engineer, would make them far more appreciated and more desirable to play as.

Or, on the other had, people (infantry) would b*tch that the hussars beat them with ease... I don't like those limits, but they have use in gameplay. No one would like to stand in open field against a full hussars team...

YourStepDad said:
So you support my suggestion?

In any case, I've barely seen people playing hussars and cuirassiers. Then again, I'm mainly playing invasion.
You're surprised? Hussars aren't made to deal with bots. They're a break through force, not mob slashers... people prefer to take firearms to deal with bots... On normal field battles hussars are quite common.

Back
Top Bottom