Suggestions and ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear Deluge Mod devs, your mod is the fruit of a great  effort. I am in love with your work yet I have a few suggestions. First of all, it is crucial to keep contact with reality while developing a mod like this. The effects of the English Civil War and its sides were still influential at Thirty Years War. Therefore the English and the French should be added. (Especially to make notice on Catholic-Protestant massacres. I am quite sure that it would impress a lot of history nerds.) In any case, England, Scotland, France, Netherlands and the Spanish Tercio with the Habsburgs, who fought at the opposing side, have a significance for Thirty Years War. There never was a mod that includes all important the European Nations of the age. (The ones that do exist were too sketchy.) So, this is yet another reason to add English and French. Also, let’s not forget the lots of people who may actually be hooked on to the game to experience some “Alexandre Dumas-y” adventures and to fight side-by-side with infamous French Musketeers.

In my opinion, your mod is the best. Yet, if you decide to take action on my suggestions it will be a dream come true for me.

kaskal said:
Dear Deluge Mod devs, your mod is the fruit of a great  effort. I am in love with your work yet I have a few suggestions. First of all, it is crucial to keep contact with reality while developing a mod like this. The effects of the English Civil War and its sides were still influential at Thirty Years War. Therefore the English and the French should be added. (Especially to make notice on Catholic-Protestant massacres. I am quite sure that it would impress a lot of history nerds.) In any case, England, Scotland, France, Netherlands and the Spanish Tercio with the Habsburgs, who fought at the opposing side, have a significance for Thirty Years War. There never was a mod that includes all important the European Nations of the age. (The ones that do exist were too sketchy.) So, this is yet another reason to add English and French. Also, let’s not forget the lots of people who may actually be hooked on to the game to experience some “Alexandre Dumas-y” adventures and to fight side-by-side with infamous French Musketeers.

In my opinion, your mod is the best. Yet, if you decide to take action on my suggestions it will be a dream come true for me.
I refer you to the post I replied to yours a couple of days ago.
mcwiggum said:
This mod isn't about the Thirty Years War though, it's based around the Swedish Deluge into Poland/Lithuania

And your patch has arrived!
I have no suggestion nor any new idea, just wanna say big thank you for developing this mod so far, and making it really fun to play!

How about a bit faster pikes? I'm not saying to have them with their old lightning-strike speed, but they feel a bit useless right now. I know that they are supposed to be heavy weapons, though I've never braced one. Maybe some of the reenactors standing around here could say something about this?

Not a lot of thrusting done on the reenactment field (oo er). Naturally, one probably would thrust the pointy bit over and over if trying to kill the enemy - but generally things escalate into a nasty scrum-like push where daggers and bad breath prevail.

Dansk viking said:
Lovely patch, the clan-stuff is fantastic.

Would still love for horses to feel pain and for musket buts to do damage, though.
Definitely would love to see the Musket stocks deal sufficient damage to clobber thy foes into the dirt.

Claymores seem a bit odd. Some classes seem to have really high speed, while others are really slow. I grabbed one off the floor and it went slowly, but whoever had it first seemed to be going at the speed of a dagger.

And musket butts are useless for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom