Suggestions and Critique

Users who are viewing this thread

NikeBG said:
2. That would be cool, but what purpose would it have? The negative effects are there, yes, but what of the positives? Eventually you run away with her and marry her (again, what's the higher reward in that, compared to marrying a free lady)?

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement/code/whatever you call it but maybe it could serve as a trigger for your rebellion with an added bonus of other lords joining in automatically? I'm thinking of something along the lines of Isabella and Mortimer vs Edward II...

NikeBG said:
3. That sounds pretty cool, actually, except for the "prisoner" part (I guarantee that at least I personally would mostly just quit and reload after getting that quest, unless I have nothing else to do at the moment). Perhaps if it's more like "follow the marshal" and/or for a short amount of time, it would be better.

Same as above concerning getting something like this to work but I suddenly got the image of a mini game, a "battle" with a boar or whatever animal it is being hunted to make those periods of peace more tolerable.

Korinov said:
I'm working on that  :cool:
XLghP.jpg
Aaah, finally! Bless you. :smile:
I've been waiting a long time for that. Now I can die in peace. :wink:

Also, while you are messing with it, I think that a certain Leonese lord - Perdro Arias de Balboa, deserves at least an informal title.
Looking at your screenshot, I see that he only has a name.
I don't know what was his title - Don, Lord, or something else, but I think it would be logical for him to have some title before his name.
And there's another one, a French lord called Geraut Trancaleon d'Armagnac.
He misses a title of Count.

Of course, if you hate doing that, I will remember both of them and fix their names, along with some other things, when I start inserting special letters for the German, Bohemian, Hungarian, Bosnian, Serbian and maybe Polish lords and troops, a few days after the next release.

Slajjin said:
Could you please o' please add in some more bandits? I have to scour the map hours hunting for bandits. The thing I like about native is getting into a fight with a ton of bandits and fighting your way out of three or four bands of them.
Are you sure? I am pretty satisfied with the number of Bandits present in the mod.
The map is not crawling with them, that's for sure, but I certainly do not have to scour the map for hours, as you say.

thanx for the info on those suggestions  nikebg niczego...
ya still needs thinking, im guessing there are better events ect.
Slajjin said:
Could you please o' please add in some more bandits? I have to scour the map hours hunting for bandits. The thing I like about native is getting into a fight with a ton of bandits and fighting your way out of three or four bands of them.
dunno about others but im pretty sure the bandits are numerous enough... they're not the walking dead horde you know...  :razz:

Executor-64- said:
MihailoSRB said:
Executor-64- said:
they're not the walking dead horde you know...  :razz:
Which would made them more awesome if they were. :smile:
now that you mention it, wonder if there is a zombie mod for warband  :idea: :eek:
I think I saw one mod, some time before, but it was only for the multiplayer.
If I recall correctly, the players needed to defend a castle or something, from the zombie hordes.
The zombies were fast-moving, and were unarmed. All in all - a pretty kickass thing, although I haven't tried it.
I am just dissapointed that, of all the thousands of zombie-films, no one made a movie about the zombie apocalypse - in the age before the gun-powder.
Medieval or Ancient times warriors vs Zombies - I mean that is so much cooler than the zombie-films set in present day.

that game of thrones series is basicaly made for M&B... i mean its ridiculous
(i hear people are making a mod for it)
BUT what those GOT pricks did is make a warcraft-ish, KOTOR-ish RPG game with shiny lights and magics
i mean... WHY not stick to the GOT LORE = realizm ???
-but that's when i found this  :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCruJzlWefE
:lol:

-Anyways in order to avoid being accused that my post has nothing 'bout quest suggestion:
May have suggested before, but would like a quest where lord/king asks you to protect their relative (who's not a ruler or a lord, but a simple knight - or a high ranking unit of that faction), so you need to follow the army this "relative is in" and when there is a battle you join it, making sure he doesn't get killed  :grin:
Of course he can't be a hero and his name may have to be changed
(if a Duke of England gives you this quest, and his "relative" is actualy a knight in some other English lord's party, OBVIOUSLY he will be an english knight unit called an actual name)

Working on the above I got a strange idea which would be a modification of the "lend a companion" quest where they would ask you to take in a young relative to "earn his spurs" in your warband.

No idea what sort of scripting would be involved and if it would be even possible to implement but meh.

i think you should make the crusades, the templar knights,the masons and illuminati
Here's timeline of the templar knights http://www.knight-templar.org.uk/History/timeline.htm.html here an other one http://www.middle-ages.org.uk/knights-templar-timeline.htm
Here's about the crusades http://www.middle-ages.org.uk/crusades-timeline.htm here's an other one http://www.umich.edu/~eng415/timeline/timeline3.html
here's about the masons http://www.glbet-el.org/masonictexte/Masonic%20Timeline%20of%20Events.pdf
here a time line for the illuminati after 1000 a.c. http://www.ariescomputer.com/illuminati/about/ill2.html#top  Note:the illuminatis timeline after 1700 a.c is wrong its about the bad illuminati:The Priesthood of amen.

jovan104 said:
i think you should make the crusades, the templar knights,the masons and illuminati
Here's timeline of the templar knights http://www.knight-templar.org.uk/History/timeline.htm.html here an other one http://www.middle-ages.org.uk/knights-templar-timeline.htm
Here's about the crusades http://www.middle-ages.org.uk/crusades-timeline.htm here's an other one http://www.umich.edu/~eng415/timeline/timeline3.html
We will add those, but not untill we reach the Holy Land, in terms of adding factions.
jovan104 said:
here's about the masons http://www.glbet-el.org/masonictexte/Masonic%20Timeline%20of%20Events.pdf
here a time line for the illuminati after 1000 a.c. http://www.ariescomputer.com/illuminati/about/ill2.html#top  Note:the illuminatis timeline after 1700 a.c is wrong its about the bad illuminati:The Priesthood of amen.
When we started this mod, we were thinking about adding those, or at least only the Masons.
However, we eventually decided that it is too dangerous for us to ''play'' with such things (you already know how infamous the Masons are), so we skipped that part, fearing for our safety.

yea i know freemasons masons illuminati
but the templars still exist but dont worry about the templars they wont kill you but freemasons are a big danger!

I'm more worried about the Priory of Sion actually. And the reptilians and Lemurians (or were they the same thing?). The modern-day Templars, though, are cool - supporting our Orthodox church and (yupee) popularising our archaeology. No danger from them (or maybe they just want us to think so?). :razz:

There was a fabled continent back in prehistory that consisted of all the continents. Just like part of the Dinosaur age, only it was supposedly populated by people of some sort.

Oh, hi. My first post in this subforum! I love this mod, other than the lag issues. I'm sure everything that can be done is/has/will be done to fix that, so this is my only mention of it. I understand the causes and don't have any suggestions of my own to add on that front that wouldn't dampen the spirit of the mod. Just posting to say, Keep Up the Good Work!

Some features you could add,

Assimilation policies for certain faction, certain factions such as the spanish, the different muslim peoples and the Byzantines caried ut basic assimilation policies seeing this in the game would be amazing. whether on a large scale or on a small one. Such as the Byzantines being able to enculture the former Balkan provences, the Muslims enculturing spain, the crusaders enculturing the Byzantine lands (fourth crusade), the Turks enculturing the Balkans (when added)

Also an extreme late game feature could be claiming a title to a defunct state by controlling its former territories and having a high enough rtr, it would then reset rtr but add extra features. A few titles that could be procured, Western Roman Emperor, Emperor of Rome, king of Lothair, highest rank for a khan etc...

wafer said:
Such as the Byzantines being able to enculture the former Balkan provences, the Muslims enculturing spain, the crusaders enculturing the Byzantine lands (fourth crusade), the Turks enculturing the Balkans (when added)
None of those actually assimilated the respective populations - the Balkan peoples kept their identity, despite being ruled by the Byzantines, the Latins couldn't really assimilate the Byzantines either, and the Ottomans also assimilated only small groups of people on the Balkans. And even then it took them centuries to do so. While in M&B the average player hardly plays for more than 1, max 2, in-game years. So - no, assimilation of the local population is a no-go for me, especially since we already have the changing of the castle troops when a castle gets conquered by another country (which reflects the change in leadership, although that isn't perfect either - f.e. if the Rus conquer a Cuman tribe, I doubt they'd realistically be able to suddenly start recruiting heavy infantry from it).

Claiming titles, though, would be just awesome. But I'm afraid that it's more suited for games like Crusader Kings though, not so much for M&B (alas). Otherwise, it would indeed be great if you (and the NPC kings and lords) could have long and elaborate titles, like "By the Grace of God, Holy Roman Emperor; King of Germany, Hungary, Bohemia, Dalmatia, Croatia, Slavonia, Galicia and Lodomeria, Rama, Serbia, Cumania and Bulgaria; Archduke of Austria; Duke of Burgundy, Lorraine, Styria, Carinthia, Carniola, Grand Duke of Etruria; Grand Prince of Transylvania; Margrave of Moravia, Prince of Brabant, Limburg, Luxembourg, Geldern, Württemberg, Upper and Lower Silesia, Milan, Mantua, Parma, Piacenza, Guastalla, Auschwitz and Zatoria, Calabria, Bar, Ferrete and Teschen; Lord of Svevia and Charleville; Count of Habsburg, Flanders, Hannonia, Kyburg, Gorizia, Gradisca; Margrave of Burgau, Upper and Lower Lusatia, Pont-a-Mousson and Nomenum, Count of Provinces of Namur, Valdemons, Albimons, Count of Zütphen, Sarverda, Salma and Falkenstein, Lord of the Wend Margravate and Mechelen, etc." or "Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, of Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir, Novgorod, Tsar of Kazan, Tsar of Astrakhan, Tsar of Poland, Tsar of Siberia, Tsar of Chersonesos Taurica, Tsar of Georgia, Lord of Pskov, and Grand Duke of Smolensk, Lithuania, Volhynia, Podolia, and Finland, Prince of Estland, Livland, Courland and Semigalia, Samogitia, Belostok, Karelia, Tver, Yugra, Perm, Vyatka, Bulgaria and other territories; Lord and Grand Duke of Nizhni Novgorod, Sovereign of Chernigov, Ryazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Beloozero, Udoria, Obdoria, Kondia, Vitebsk, Mstislavl, and all northern territories; Sovereign of Iveria, Kartalinia, and the Kabardinian lands and Armenian territories – hereditary Lord and Ruler of the Circassians and Mountain Princes and others; Lord of Turkestan, Heir of Norway, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein, Stormarn, Dithmarschen, Oldenburg, and so forth, and so forth, and so forth."

NikeBG said:
wafer said:
Such as the Byzantines being able to enculture the former Balkan provences, the Muslims enculturing spain, the crusaders enculturing the Byzantine lands (fourth crusade), the Turks enculturing the Balkans (when added)
None of those actually assimilated the respective populations - the Balkan peoples kept their identity, despite being ruled by the Byzantines, the Latins couldn't really assimilate the Byzantines either, and the Ottomans also assimilated only small groups of people on the Balkans. And even then it took them centuries to do so. While in M&B the average player hardly plays for more than 1, max 2, in-game years. So - no, assimilation of the local population is a no-go for me, especially since we already have the changing of the castle troops when a castle gets conquered by another country (which reflects the change in leadership, although that isn't perfect either - f.e. if the Rus conquer a Cuman tribe, I doubt they'd realistically be able to suddenly start recruiting heavy infantry from it).

Claiming titles, though, would be just awesome. But I'm afraid that it's more suited for games like Crusader Kings though, not so much for M&B (alas). Otherwise, it would indeed be great if you (and the NPC kings and lords) could have long and elaborate titles, like "By the Grace of God, Holy Roman Emperor; King of Germany, Hungary, Bohemia, Dalmatia, Croatia, Slavonia, Galicia and Lodomeria, Rama, Serbia, Cumania and Bulgaria; Archduke of Austria; Duke of Burgundy, Lorraine, Styria, Carinthia, Carniola, Grand Duke of Etruria; Grand Prince of Transylvania; Margrave of Moravia, Prince of Brabant, Limburg, Luxembourg, Geldern, Württemberg, Upper and Lower Silesia, Milan, Mantua, Parma, Piacenza, Guastalla, Auschwitz and Zatoria, Calabria, Bar, Ferrete and Teschen; Lord of Svevia and Charleville; Count of Habsburg, Flanders, Hannonia, Kyburg, Gorizia, Gradisca; Margrave of Burgau, Upper and Lower Lusatia, Pont-a-Mousson and Nomenum, Count of Provinces of Namur, Valdemons, Albimons, Count of Zütphen, Sarverda, Salma and Falkenstein, Lord of the Wend Margravate and Mechelen, etc." or "Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, of Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir, Novgorod, Tsar of Kazan, Tsar of Astrakhan, Tsar of Poland, Tsar of Siberia, Tsar of Chersonesos Taurica, Tsar of Georgia, Lord of Pskov, and Grand Duke of Smolensk, Lithuania, Volhynia, Podolia, and Finland, Prince of Estland, Livland, Courland and Semigalia, Samogitia, Belostok, Karelia, Tver, Yugra, Perm, Vyatka, Bulgaria and other territories; Lord and Grand Duke of Nizhni Novgorod, Sovereign of Chernigov, Ryazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Beloozero, Udoria, Obdoria, Kondia, Vitebsk, Mstislavl, and all northern territories; Sovereign of Iveria, Kartalinia, and the Kabardinian lands and Armenian territories – hereditary Lord and Ruler of the Circassians and Mountain Princes and others; Lord of Turkestan, Heir of Norway, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein, Stormarn, Dithmarschen, Oldenburg, and so forth, and so forth, and so forth."

Well if I may make an response back  on the subject

Both of these would be realistic and fairly awesome for the following reasons,

I have run figures in other mods with very similar distances between cities and in game an hour is equivalent to roughly 24 days, the way I calculated this is with the information about how quickly a company could move, measuring the distance between two cities and seeing how fast they could ,move and comparing.

The game dates and speed is built around one things, having the day night system in game for battles and troop movement. It is extremely sped up as I pointed out earlier, even more so than in the way I measured it with distances and movement. Sieges during this time could last years in game it is weeks if not shorter. Taking large swathes of the map could take lifetimes in real life even with the best of generals and kings, just look at Charlemagne.

So in short since the in game obviously moves much faster than it should for purposes of gameplay I honestly don't feel it should effect the mod especially as it is potentially leaving out many features which could extend gameplay especially in the case for serious role players. Adding the option to attempt to assimilate a people could open up some new quests, new rebellions and would be historically accurate minus the timescale. All of it could be done over a period of in game months, and drastically make a city more dangerous in regards to bandits and the like as well as rebellions so it would have to be a serious choice.

In regards to titles, you would not have to add every single little one in, and I definitely get the idea that you know just how insurmountable a task that would be, however it would be great to add a few in that could add many player quests, at least one for each faction to say the least. As I was saying it could work like this, until you claim a title your threshold for rtr is held artificially low after you claim it, your rtr gets set to zero and you may raise it up to the maximum, this would be historically accurate and open up many new features in the game

Sorry if I am being bothersome I just think that if done well both of these ideas could be very awesome also I would help do any of the research necessary for both of them.

wafer said:
So in short since the in game obviously moves much faster
If we look at it that way, then the player and all NPCs should grow old and die in a matter of a few in-game days or weeks. Basically - assimilation doesn't happen in a lifetime.
However, if I'm not wrong, there already is a special quest (not sure if it's limited only to specific regions though) about expelling a certain religious culture from this or that village. That is, as you say, quite doable in a lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom