[Suggestion] Walking

Users who are viewing this thread

Reilnur

Sergeant Knight at Arms
So, most people figured out a long time ago that if you bind zoom to a different key, LeftShift essentially becomes the "walking mode" key. This still works in the single player beta, but not in multiplayer. I'd suggest adding an option to bind walking to a key, having the effects of slower movement (and activation of the walking animation), increased accuracy compared to running, and quieter footsteps. I know it's not a huge priority, but it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

PsykoOps said:
I'm thinking it might be added if crouching is added as effect of that. Sneaking around then would be possible.
In future, theres crouching animations in already, but not in use.

Walking would be great for roleplayers.

If an "assassination" mode were added or modded in where you have the possibility to blend into a "crowd", then walking would be very useful.

I honestly don't see why walking should not be in, but then again, I might be biased.
I think that the key should be a toggle key, so that you don't have to hold it to walk.

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
There is no need for walking imo.

There's less reason to not to port a simple feature from single player. Walking is a nice touch of control that is good for archers and roleplayers, and isn't really impossibly difficult to implement.

Walking could also make melee combat more interesting. If someone varied their movement between walking and jogging, it would be harder to control range against them.

Also, a new mechanic could be implemented to make walking more functional in combat. Perhaps the faster you are moving, the greater your stun would be when you are parried (to simulate the decrease in balance of someone fast moving).

Back
Top Bottom