SP - General Suggestion: upgrading workshops

Users who are viewing this thread

Since, the workshops has been tuned down.. I was thinking what better way then, to not only make it attractive buying it but become very profitable as investments?

When buy a workshop a NPC generated steward will appear, just for these kind of improvements and the matter of sale of production and buying raw material

Playing other startegy game, with the whole, kingdom building, city building thin. And with the ability to improve our castles and cities.
And one of my favorites franchise: Total War... I took some ideas, that maybe could be very flavorable (idk if this word exists), here it goes:
  • Smithy ( the whole amount 12k) -----> Blacksmith (lvl2) ----> Weaponsmith/Armorsmith (lvl 3) -----> Foundry (lvl 4) : the function will be the same produce weapons and armors and as the levels goes up so the tier in weapons and armors and the price for such development, well, double at each investment i think.
  • Winery (lvl 1) ----> large winery (lvl 2) ---> Winemaker ---> Amphorae (lvl 4)
  • Woodshop ----> Carpenter -----> Woodturnery ----> Joinery
  • Velvet maker ----> weavering ----> luxous clothingshop
  • Olive grove ----> olive press ----> Olearia ----> Olive trader
I don't remember all of them, this is the ones i got my memory on and time to write this post. But, you all got the idea

What you think?

Last edited:
In general i like the idea of sinking more money mid-game, but gain more money long term, but i'm worried if we were to put another border for high tier armor to be produced (high level smithy), it would be even rarer than it is now. As it is now, it's hard to find top tier items to buy even in years long campaigns, so this could go either way. If the AI could do it as easily as the player can, then it could solve the top armor defficiency, otherwise it could make it worse, more so in the early game when there are less workshops arround.

In general i like the idea of sinking more money mid-game, but gain more money long term, but i'm worried if we were to put another border for high tier armor to be produced (high level smithy), it would be even rarer than it is now. As it is now, it's hard to find top tier items to buy even in years long campaigns, so this could go either way. If the AI could do it as easily as the player can, then it could solve the top armor defficiency, otherwise it could make it worse, more so in the early game when there are less workshops arround.
Of course, I also have this stepbck in finding higher tier armour, I mean in the case of the Foundrie, that it would be more common to find higher tier armor as long the progress in workshops goes up.. for example on a Weaponsith/armorsmith the high tier for weapons tier 3 and 4 would be 30%-40% more common to find, Foundries 40%-60% more common and higher tiers of weapons, making the tiers 1,2 and 3 obsolete but not impossible to find since still would appear on game. :wink:

Nonsense, the process of improving the workshop itself is incomprehensible: what is improving, how, etc. You propose to simply add an NPC and he should improve something there for money. Here is my similar suggestion from my unpublished thread:
F3hFHwA.jpg
The first 2 lines, just the same, affect the level of the workshop.

There are or where already plans to be able to upgrade your workshops or at least they upgrade em selves. Its in the matrix already or have i missed out on something about this post ? Sorry OP to early here ^^ *sipping on more coffee* In other words there is already indications that they gonna be upgraded in the future

This would be great for the blacksmith, especially if you tied the improvement to the tier of weapon you can create. This would localize your weapons production, and slow down the smithy exploit. Also just generally makes more sense

Back
Top Bottom