Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Azrayel said:
MUSKIA:

I don't know if you've played mm Russia, but you can choose a musician class. You equip the item and hold down P to see a list of tracks in the bottom-left. Click one, and you play the track.

I would be ever so happy if we got something like that for the lute/lyre  :mrgreen:

We wouldn't even need animations (not that you can't be an over-achiever), I'd be completely content with 1 track for each instrument. It would be very cool to walk into a tavern and see two guys paid 500 gold to stand on a table and play to attract people.

Also: drink! I'm not saying we need to do anything horribly inappropriate, but getting a blur-effect after interacting with an item would be interesting. It would also lay the ground work for more "functional" taverns.

I know 3.5 has other, bigger fish to fry and I'm sure you can't get to this for a while; however, I do think both of these would add a level of diversity to the role-play.

EDIT: Something like this, sans the voice:
Lute_song

I could be in-charge of hunting down lute/lyre tracks if you green-light this  :mrgreen:

if you could play .abc files there is ALOT of .abc files in the lotro music archives... thousands.. of everything.... :razz:

Azrayel said:
MUSKIA:

I don't know if you've played mm Russia, but you can choose a musician class. You equip the item and hold down P to see a list of tracks in the bottom-left. Click one, and you play the track.

I would be ever so happy if we got something like that for the lute/lyre  :mrgreen:

We wouldn't even need animations (not that you can't be an over-achiever), I'd be completely content with 1 track for each instrument. It would be very cool to walk into a tavern and see two guys paid 500 gold to stand on a table and play to attract people.

Also: drink! I'm not saying we need to do anything horribly inappropriate, but getting a blur-effect after interacting with an item would be interesting. It would also lay the ground work for more "functional" taverns.

I know 3.5 has other, bigger fish to fry and I'm sure you can't get to this for a while; however, I do think both of these would add a level of diversity to the role-play.

EDIT: Something like this, sans the voice: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lute_song

I could be in-charge of hunting down lute/lyre tracks if you green-light this  :mrgreen:

EDIT: Fixed the link

+1 support.

Another change for the better:

Remove the Templar faction.

They've:
-:grin:oubled the randoming, although it's calmed down I'm seeing more pick-up templars running around Splint's map
-:Made religious RP look on-par with the scribblings of a 10-year-old
-:Overall portrayed Christianity as "we've got the biggest **** religion" beyond the level of historical accuracy
-:Their overall position is usually summed-up by: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F46r-_jPPHY&ob=av2el
-:Removed the persistent Templar organization from existence due to a bad rep just as it started

I'm really sorry that you went through all the work to add them, but they're a negative over-all. I think most if not all of the forumers will agree on this point with me.

DO NOT Remove the Templar faction please

Templars were essential part of reality of 12/13 century!

There is great potential in this Faction and I promise to exploit it in the future

You can eventually change Templar Faction to Crusaders and add choice of different Knight orders:
1.Templars(Red cross on white)
2.Teutonic Order(Black cross on white)
3.St.John Order(White Latin cross on black)
But it would take more work to add different armors to each one of them.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT RELIGION.
THIS IS ABOUT MEDIEVAL ATMOSPHERE

And every non english person likes to to wear the clothing of an originaly english organization.

Not that it matters.

However, its better hen more of them are templars so they have a big bullseye on their goddamn shirt for me. Also helps me identify the most likely of randomers.

Add light, heraldic armor. Maybe leather? It would be good for various rping. Like: for noblemen of X house, to show, that you are in Y company etc.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
So heraldic tabards?
I think I remember finding a heraldic tabard one time. The guy had used the model/texture from one of the Warband heraldic mails and done a decent job of replacing the mail with leather.

Could you do something like that, too? Please, Laszlo!

EDIT

New idea. Though I think very hard to do, it IS possible.

Money savings. Yep, money, not stats etc, just money. So you log off, get back later and you still have your money. That would be great!
If you play under nick "Laszlo", log off, and get back as "Laszlo" you will have your money. When you will log off, and get back as "Laszlo1", you have to earn money from start.

I agree with the above two comments.

This would save us Nobles the time of trading like poor peasants every time we log in, which really hurts immersion. Nobles should be acting as the high and mighty figures of the land, wearing expensive armor and weapons, not riding about on trade routes ever so often.

It would simply allow for better RP, making it easier for those of us with "persistent" characters.

i was designing a system to be used outside pw, where you login with your pwmod character, and it gives you your bank account details, your faction and that kinda thing.
then you can see who else is in your faction and whos allied and at war with who etc.

if laszlo added it though, it would be alot better i imagine :razz: since mine would be manuel inputing to change the data etc

Dravic said:
Could you do something like that, too? Please, Laszlo!

EDIT

New idea. Though I think very hard to do, it IS possible.

Money savings. Yep, money, not stats etc, just money. So you log off, get back later and you still have your money. That would be great!
If you play under nick "Laszlo", log off, and get back as "Laszlo" you will have your money. When you will log off, and get back as "Laszlo1", you have to earn money from start.

But we would need an external account system like CRPG has (never played it but I think the mod uses an account system on a website) because if we don't have that, everyone could log on as "Laszlo" and use the money and so on.
Also, we would need to get the max money higher. I think you can have more than 139 (?) k but the fact that it resets to 0 above that (although it's still there, I know) would make it very annoying.

If that is possible, I would like it very much to see such a system!

It IS possible to do that INGAME. You don't need outside webpage. It IS possible to register char to CD-Key, so noone with CD-Key other than your can get into server with same nick. I saw such a thing in other mod.

Dravic said:
It IS possible to do that INGAME. You don't need outside webpage. It IS possible to register char to CD-Key, so noone with CD-Key other than your can get into server with same nick. I saw such a thing in other mod.
Nope, you'd have to use either an external website or the WSE; the standard module system has no string comparison operations.

Back
Top Bottom