Suggestion thread for next updates

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, I was just wondering, if PF was during the 1700 - 1800s why can't there be lances for the mod? So battle on horseback can be more effective. Since canons is out of the picture I mean. :smile:

Red Knight Hunter said:
Hello, I was just wondering, if PF was during the 1700 - 1800s why can't there be lances for the mod? So battle on horseback can be more effective. Since canons is out of the picture I mean. :smile:
Depending on the nations you are picturing in your head, I don't see Colonist America and British soldiers using lancers... Correct me senpais

Hi guys,

Played on release some years ago and liked the theme of the mod a lot. The shooting aspect was pretty well done, IMO, and the uniforms looked great. What can I say, I very much prefer the vulnerability feeling that rifles bring than the invincibility that Native skillz give you in PW.

I think it is a great move to have more RP based uniforms per faction, and more variety of weapons is always welcome. However, I see that you still have a fairly convoluted crafting system. My advise would be to greatly simplify it. Crafting has always been incredible tedious. In addition it makes you very vulnerable to trolls. Here are some suggestions:

- Automatize crafting: have a prop that resembles a smith station with a dummy to represent the workers. Then, link the stockpiles of iron and wood to an automatic process of restocking weapons (x/second). So as long as a faction manages to get some iron/good, they get rifles / weapons over time. The same could work for any kind of resource (including horses). Some stockpiles could be freed from the resource requirement (but replenish at slower rate, or be priced higher) to keep the supply going in case factions don't bother.

- Infinite and free uniform stockpiles: all clothing should be free. It provides immersion, making the mod overly complex (requiring crafting of everything) has been proven a mistake in PW.

- Rethink the role of money: It is silly that muskets in forts have a gold price. IMHO you could divide stockpiles in two types: i) free and locked, it is accessible only for trusted faction members, it is meant to be the internal supply. ii)priced and semi open: those are the stockpiles that are either public or controlled by factions that want to make a profit by selling to people.

IMO the biggest problem with the MOD is that it discouraged very harshly doing anything a bit elaborate / productive. Most people just trolled with guns.

Best of luck in any case!

Back
Top Bottom