MP Suggestion: Replace the class system with something that's actually fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Because they suck at making video games.. The modders are the real creators.. They take the turd that is mount and blade and polish it up to be a complete game..

Really? I’ve played some comp and I thought it was pretty balanced without heavy cav and khergs. Could you explain

Some of the changes we made:

Swadia
Crossbow +1 power strike to (3)
Crossbow +1 athletics (5)

Vaegirs
Archer -1 power draw (6)
Archer +1 power strike (1)
Infantry +2 shield skill (4)
Cavalry +1 Athletics (1)

Nords
Cavalry +1 shield skill (2)
Cavalry -2 Power Throw (1)
Infantry -1 power strike (4)
Infantry -2 power throw (2)

Rhodoks
Infantry +1 shield skill (6)
Cavalry +1 riding skill (5)
Crossbow +1 power strike (3)
Crossbow +1 athletics (5)

Sarranids
Cavalry +1 power strike (3)
Cavalry +2 athletics (2)
Infantry +2 shield skill (4)
Archer +1 athletics (4)
Archer +1 power strike (1)

If for example we had made a mod (this was all native) we could've added more changes to economy, change weapons entirely etc but in native you couldn't change everything, like wpf would behave strangely.

Just to add on to this thread tdm sucks. Most of the time you are roped into one of the weak peasant classes while one guy with insane tank armor rampages through the server. Tdm is so restrictive with the class system and for me it’s usually me praying that I get enough kills the first life to snowball out of control the second
They can just lower the value on all heavy units. So instead of 7 hits you only take around 4. (2-3 on a light armored target)

it does not work well, the balancing is appalling. using the same classes for Skirmish, TDM, Captain and Siege makes no sense and guarantees that they will never be simultaneously balanced for all modes at once. some classes are straight up useless (nobody has ever seriously picked the Sturgian Brigand class, and those that do are new players that will never do it again because it is garbage) and there are several examples of those. the prices are way off, with super strong classes like the Sharpshooter, Veteran and Khan's Guard dominating competent gameplay because of how effective they are at both range and melee. every class is good at everything, so infantry can use bows, archers are super good in melee and anyone can ride a horse - this basically means that you don't need to pick infantry at all, just a good archer who can hybrid the melee role or a good infantry who can pick up a bow. some items are busted, like the glaive for the Khuzait Lancer which can do 200+ swing damage when used from horseback - an item which I reported as being too strong in the alpha last July but was never changed.

most perks are useless too, with only a few actually being repeatedly taken by competent players. i use the term competent players, because obviously new people are gonna pick whatever they feel like until they find what's good - that's why TW using their "data" to work out what is balanced and what is broken is dumb, cuz new people are gonna pick the **** stuff regardless. that, or people just looking to mess around will pick the useless but amusing stuff too.

a gear system like Warband had would have been far easier to balance and manage. the Captain mode troops could just be crafted into their necessary and balanced state, for Skirmish individual items could be given appropriate costs and snowballing could be managed simply by denying access to multiple very high tier items - making it an upgrade choice between good armour or good weapons (like is in Warband). "snowballed" heavy armour players in warband multiplayer could be taken out by low armour more skilled players fairly easy, even in top competitive matches a less armoured team still had a good chance of winning against a more armoured one if they used better tactics and outskilled them. in Bannerlord, the armour bonuses are so immense that they have artificially made their theoretical version of "snowballing" a problem. reduced armour values for MP would make a Warband-type gear selection system work well. such a system would also give room to TDM and Siege players to take it as seriously as they wanted - either very seriously with "proper" builds or would let them mess around with cheap and funny items/gear. it would be better for both competitive and casual play, letting people determine how they wanted to play. many improvements to that system have been suggested - many in the OP here - and at this point i seriously cannot think of a reason not to go with what the overwhelming majority of MP players want. all they are doing is INVITING mod-makers to make a mod that gives the community what they want, something which would kill all of TW's matchmaking servers and ruin whatever effort they have put into MP.

Yes to all. It will be interesting to see how long and how many will play native matchmaking with classes, instead of custom battle servers and siege servers? I wonder...

According to Taleworlds they PURPOSELY made the game unbalanced and gave archers etc. the ability to two-hand as well as infantry.. and apparently gave everyone the ability to ride war horses because.. why not ruin that as well?

This multiplayer is a sick joke compared to Warband and the guy who supposedly decided he wanted a class system with non nonsensical choices (like a 2 handed sword... with a 1 handed sword... but no shield) legit destroyed this game. The playerbase is shrunk down to nothing a month after launch.. Warband had a solid player base for the better part of a decade.. .it even spawned mods with player bases in the hundreds and the thousands.

For a long time I thought it was just rushed and no one was paying attention to what they were doing... then I come to find out they did this on purpose?? LOL what a sick joke... Already the 5 friends I started out playing with don't want to play the game. The searches have like 5 people searching. My two buddies that were the last hold-outs just started playing Fing DayZ again instead of playing this multiplayer with me... So excited for this game and they took the multiplayer and cucked it real good.

According to Taleworlds they PURPOSELY made the game unbalanced and gave archers etc. the ability to two-hand as well as infantry.. and apparently gave everyone the ability to ride war horses because.. why not ruin that as well?

This multiplayer is a sick joke compared to Warband and the guy who supposedly decided he wanted a class system with non nonsensical choices (like a 2 handed sword... with a 1 handed sword... but no shield) legit destroyed this game. The playerbase is shrunk down to nothing a month after launch.. Warband had a solid player base for the better part of a decade.. .it even spawned mods with player bases in the hundreds and the thousands.

For a long time I thought it was just rushed and no one was paying attention to what they were doing... then I come to find out they did this on purpose?? LOL what a sick joke... Already the 5 friends I started out playing with don't want to play the game. The searches have like 5 people searching. My two buddies that were the last hold-outs just started playing Fing DayZ again instead of playing this multiplayer with me... So excited for this game and they took the multiplayer and cucked it real good.

Yea, we're gonna have to wait until they implement different game modes and stuff. Here's to hoping it comes with haste.

"fun" honestly, like not even joking, doesn't seem to be the priority right now, even in single player. Priority seems to be making the game sufficiently grindy and frustrating. Same goes with multiplayer, the focus seems to be how to give players the least amount of variety and agency that they can.

Back
Top Bottom