MP Suggestion: Replace the class system with something that's actually fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

i like what taleworlds did with this system the MP feels like more like a ARMY clashing against each other instead of a naked man who had lots of time in his hands OPing a 2h. I honestly like to play with eveything off except the arrow radical , so now i can distinguish who is on who side. Spears at the choke points = epic

Am I the only one who likes the class system?

Oh wtf am I saying of course Im not. the very positive reviews on the steam store agrees with me and doesn't care about people that play a 10 year old game.

Are devs even looking at these suggestions? As a long-time player of this franchise, they've managed to completely muck up the combat/multiplayer experience and I'm looking for a refund.

I'm willing to bet my stash of toilet roll anybody praising the combat system in bannerlord compared to warband's, never actually learned warband's combat system to a high level. That's probably why it is adequate to some.

I like how the obly thing you look for in the credibility of someone is weather they have a pitchfork or a lance on their profile

Yeah let me just spend 5 years wasting my time on these forums to prove a point instead of playing the game

Can you explain my good sir, why the class system is superior to having near complete freedom to use whatever equipment you like?

In Captain each of the hundreds of possible choices, helmet, sword, horse, armour etc would have to have their own amount of troops per load out
Actually, you could choose the exact equipment of your troops, then if you had a gold limit, you just get the number of them that are within your budget. But the discussion here is more centered on Skirmish.

I'll also add my voice to the request that the devs return to the class & equipment system of Warband.
If you're worried about snowballing, don't give people more than the base gold, and if you increase the gold cap, increase it for everyone. REALLY SIMPLE.
Snowballing is not addressed in the current Skirmish meta because if I'm doing really good I still get more gold than the player who is doing poorly, allowing me to play the better classes for longer.

Not that any of this matters so long as the combat system feels off. I could give two ****s about the class system after I can actually get rewarded for being skilled in combat. I often feel cheated playing with the inconsistent and unintuitive combat.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes the class system?

Oh wtf am I saying of course Im not. the very positive reviews on the steam store agrees with me and doesn't care about people that play a 10 year old game.
99% are not talking about Multiplayer.
Come on, if it's so obviously good, you should have no trouble at all disproving my points in the OP.
Why is it, that those who say "the game's fine!" when obvious flaws are pointed out, never ever actually address any actual points? Go on, explain why it's so great. Explain why the points in the OP are wrong.

i like what taleworlds did with this system the MP feels like more like a ARMY clashing against each other instead of a naked man who had lots of time in his hands OPing a 2h. I honestly like to play with eveything off except the arrow radical , so now i can distinguish who is on who side. Spears at the choke points = epic
Armies in the medieval period weren't made of of identically armed clones. Mixed and matched gear was far from unusual, there's nothing historically accurate about Napoleonic-esque standardisation. You already could get rid of naked players in WB with the minimum armour function.
By the way, team recognition has far more to do with there being defined team colours now rather than gear. If players all had their own colour, recognition would still be bad.

Last edited:
I agree with you but The European medieval did not have a matching outfit but from the Greeks, macedonia, Persian, Roman, all the way to the Chinese all had matching outfit , no Huns. the only thing different would be the own personal preference, and that where TaleWorlds made perks

I recognize player by their gears mainly by shields and weapons they carry , but team color sure does help

I agree with OP 100%. The multiplayer combat is god awful because Devs tried to overcomplicate it. Which is exactly what's happening here with the class system.

Just get rid of it and revert to the way Warband was. It's insulting to assume people don't know what a spear/sword does, and then to use that as reasoning for keeping the class system.

I'm willing to bet my stash of toilet roll anybody praising the combat system in bannerlord compared to warband's, never actually learned warband's combat system to a high level. That's probably why it is adequate to some.
Despite I played Warband and NW mp for years, and while not being at pro level I was usually on the top third of the scores (not at duel or groupfighting however), I started enjoying the Beta mp from the first day I played, mostly due to that reason. The things people complain about in multiplayer bother me too, but less than I actually expected. What gets me more excited is the future of the current mp structure, it's in EA and it has plenty of possibilities, and probably modders will take the lead while a new wave of players will get into this current eSport style more than oldfags like me.

Once dedicated servers are available someone will probably code some version of the Mercenaries mod. That will fix this issue 100%.

However, the issue is that that will not bring the whole community, splitting the player base and reducing the chances of an esport scene developing.

The Armory Screen could be used to design your equipment loadouts. Even *Call of Duty* has that feature.

That way, it can be balanced, it won't require you to fiddle with equipment when you spawn, and it would make the Armory USEFUL for something.

The Armory Screen could be used to design your equipment loadouts. Even *Call of Duty* has that feature.

That way, it can be balanced, it won't require you to fiddle with equipment when you spawn, and it would make the Armory USEFUL for something.
Yeah, that would be ideal. Letting you make loadouts out of game would mean that you could go into greater complexity too, as you're not under time pressure.
For example, you could tag certain pieces of gear (say, your favourite spear or horse) as "priority", so if your loadout can't be fully afforded, you automatically choose cheaper stuff in other slots so you can get the things you really want.

Back
Top Bottom