[Suggestion] New Music + Gameplay Sounds Before Release

What kinds of sounds need polishing before the big release of Warband?

• Generic gameplay music

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Faction based gameplay music

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Bolt + Arrow Collision/Interaction Sound

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Horse sound variation + makes noise when hurt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Agree with options 1-4

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Most sounds are fine for Warband's release

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other/post about it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I am calling for a more diverse set of sounds for this game.  The sounds seem pretty similar to the original Mount & Blade.  All around great sounds but perhaps vary between 3-5 metallic sounds each time something collides.  Also a different "thud" sound for different types of terrain hits with bows/xbows as well as different armor class troops (would be nice to know what you hit).  Example: a ruffling sound when arrows are shot through trees. The game also needs different horse noises. Not all horses sound the same and horses make other funky sounds such as the classic lip-flapping sound, this sound does not have to vary much but would add much needed "bells and whistles" to the gameplay and, I believe, would help the developers market the game to a new audience.

Also, the game still consists of pretty much only one sound track (or so it seems like it).  Some good music, if you guys stuck with the base idea but perhaps had faction based combat soundtracks, that might fix the variety of music.  I understand not everyone plays with an in game soundtrack, but, again, it would help the game appeal to a wider audience as well as help players "feel" further segregation of factions. 

Maybe the Confederacy of Rhodocks should get the Star Wars Imperial March.
^joke

Post your thoughts.

im sure new music will come before release. A composer works with Warband now. Can't remember the composer though.  :???:

I turned of the music after playing M&B for three weeks, that was two years ago. I could never bear to hear the same track over and over.

I know that Taleworlds purchased the rights of "Danse Macabre" when they posted the video I made, so I wouldn't be surprised if that song was added to the game somewhere. I mostly play with music off regardless, but admittedly this is partial because I get tired of the same battle music over and over.

The Mount & Blade community has seen no real improvements in many sound areas.  This thread was meant to hopefully get some feedback or spark a drive to diversify all music/sounds of mount and blade.

The Faint + mount and blade? lol 

Yeah the directional sound is complete crap, in my experience. It is often impossible to determine where a sound is supposed to be originating from. As well, footsteps are still too quiet.  I'm really tired of getting ganked from behind because I don't hear a person/horse coming. Yes, even horses. The sound issues are pretty much the only game issues that can cause me to ragequit =P

Back
Top Bottom