SP - General Suggestion: Limiting higher tier troops to renown / clan tier

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey everyone, this idea has been itching me for a while so decided to write it out to see what others think.

Basically limit the amount of higher tier troops you can have to the amount of renown and clan tier that you or a lord has.
This to increase the variety in lords armies and giving more of a progressive feeling to your army composition. No more reason to skip over certain tier troops because they dont lead to the troops you eventually want.

So for example at 0 renown and 50 army cap.

you can have:
max 50 tier 1 troops (100%)
max 17 tier 2 troops (33%)
max 5 tier 3 troops (10%)
max 0 tier 4 troops (0%)
max 0 tier 5 troops (0%)
max 0 tier 6 troops (0%)

Since this is the early game you're still rather unknown and strong fighters have no interest in fighting for you.

at 250 renown (not a set value, tier troop % would increase with overall renown dynamically. Just using as an example.) and 100 army cap.

you can have:
max 100 tier 1 troops (100%)
max 75 tier 2 troops (75%)
max 50 tier 3 troops (50%)
max 25 tier 4 troops (25%)
max 10 tier 5 troops (10%)
max 0 tier 6 troops (0%)

You are now semi-known in the world any more hardened fighters will join your army.

at 500 renown and 200 army cap.

you can have:
max 200 tier 1 troops (100%)
max 200 tier 2 troops (100%)
max 150 tier 3 troops (75%)
max 100 tier 4 troops (50%)
max 80 tier 5 troops (40%)
max 50 tier 6 troops (25%)

And this would continue on till you can field 100% of top tier troops at high renown.
Having limited troops could also open up the possibility of having "legendary" troops which are amazingly strong warriors but very limited.
Now none of these values actually represent an accurate balance for what would or could work but using these purely as an example to see how people would feel about this.

Interested to hear your thoughts and comments!

i mean this would make things a bit more Realistc in trmes of how armeys worked at the time ( alot of Levy troops which were just peasnats) and fewer troops like kights and men at arms

i do feel though that it would need to be tested first to see if it broke eveything and there would need to be an equal number of lords for each faction with the same renown levels so one faction doesnt have all the high teir lords

Back
Top Bottom