Suggestion for Tournament Combat

Users who are viewing this thread

Mechstra

Sergeant
Team tournament combats are all well and good - and exciting - but it would be nice to have the occasional free-for-all melee as well as the team bouts, if it's possible. I realise that the game probably has the allies/enemies thing hard-coded in, but some every-man-for-himself fights would be very interesting, I think.

One-on-one combats and maybe 4-on-4 fights would be nice, too.

It was already suggested, but it would be fun to be able to choose sides and role (horse lanceman, archer, horse arher, footman, etc) during the fight. Perhaps to be able to do so you'll have to pay for entry :smile: - but it would be nice nonetheless. Or just select to be assigned a role for random, like it is now.

hi

I realise that the game probably has the allies/enemies thing hard-coded in, but some every-man-for-himself fights would be very interesting, I think

sound funny BUT i think it could be get used as a "exploit" :wink: when fought in a arena wich the same size like the current team-DTM!

example: match starts->you runn away->look at the others fighting(bots will make a big blob) and wait until the last enemy stands(wich is mostlikely also seriusely wounded)->go and kill him off->you won verry verry easy!!!

but the idea with the selecable class is good couse so the turnier fits every char!

and further i would like to see bigger turniers at the arens...(max 10vs10 or 15vs15) would make it verry funny...

greetings

Of course it's open to exploitation - that's one of the drawbacks. But such melees are part and parcel of the era, and far more typical of tournament combat than team fights - poltroonery and cowardice were as much a part in reality as they would be in the game, if you so wish. :razz:

The ability to choose your armaments is vital, of course, as Balor said - getting lumbered with a bow and nothing else would be a bit of a no-go in a free-for-all, unless your character is especially skilled.

Well, you do in combat outside the arena - maybe tournament archers should be given a weak sidearm to complement their bow?

Back
Top Bottom